Phoenix Maplewood Mommy misses you.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
All Welcome 
@Nanook @Sesi , and Desna but I guess everyone is welcome?

Scarlett was back from her trip to the mountains, it did her well, and it was nice to talk to someone like Steady. She liked to think she had a new friend at Silvertip Mountain. The red eyed female needed this happy experience. What she didn't know was that Desna and Nanook had a fall out while she was away. Scarlett thought her pups were still perfectly okay, though maybe mentally a bit confused with their parents slip up. The mother howled for he children. She hadn't seen them in so long and she missed them. They were really getting bigger and more independent.

Scarlett sat in the clearing which she picked as a homeless for her little family. Hopefully she would see Sesi a bit more excited about this place, and maybe Nanook would also have settled by now. Scarlett also wondered how Desna was doing, the young girl was getting along on her own and trying to hunt. Scarlett was proud of them all, and she just wanted to have some bonding time with them now they were becoming young girls.
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
The longer Nanook avoided her family, the more distorted her memories of them became. Good times grew fuzzy like an apparition, and recollection of her parents' tension in the valley sharpened. How much was real and how much was an overwork of her guilty imagination flew over and above the polar child's head. She hadn't seen her mother since the altercation with the loner, and every affection they'd once shared fell under the shadow of bristling hackles and flashing teeth.

Yet when Scarlett's voice carried over Nanook, the distortion fragmented and overwhelmed her with a sickening surge of the love she'd once felt. There remained a cold bristle of fear and unshakable guilt, but her breath caught and before she could resist, the polar child set her paws on course to her mother's call. The storm still swarmed within her, the same front that forced her to push Desna away. Yet even though Nanook grew with each month, she remained a child, and no matter how far buried, she wanted her family, and she wanted her mother.

But when the bushes and trees grew sparse, Nanook caught sight of her mother's stark fur and the polar child halted. Her gaze remained fixed on her mother, guarded and stiff, but under her skin Nanook squirmed in a mess of anger, love, and fear, and her heartbeat quickened.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
gone girl
87 Posts
Ooc —
Like Nanook, Sesi had withdrawn into herself after the family's sudden move to the Maplewood. She did her best to follow Desna around, but her sister had grown so brave and adventurous that it had become almost impossible to keep up. As Desna worked on fitting in, Sesi's social handicaps became more pronounced. When Scarlett called out to her family, it took the silvery girl several minutes to work up the courage to answer.

"Mommy," she whispered, overtaking Nanook. Her sister was staring almost fearfully at Scarlett, matching the tone of Sesi's own wilted body language. "Not so loud."
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Desna was close to her mommy, she was already there when Nanook and Sesi arrived. When her grey sister appeared Desna's ears fell back and looked away from Nanook. She didn't want to see her sister, she clearly didn't want to be here, then why was she still here being all difficult. When Sesi arrived Desna did look relieved she went to greet Sesi and plopped down scowling at Nanook. She hurt her deeply and Desna wasn't going to forgive her that easily. She wanted to help and Nanook just pushed her away.

She then looked expectantly at her mother she wondered why she called them. Though, it might be good to have them bond again. Desna nudged Sesi when she said that their mother was loud, poor Sesi. She was still so... Sesi. Desna hoped she would become more bold later but that didn't seem to be the case.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett greeted Desna once she arrived, she smiled when she saw Nanook and licked over her cheek. The mother's tail was gently swaying at seeing her beautiful children. She then greeted Sesi too. She missed the littlest one. They were so big now, looking like proper wolves. Scarlett was so proud. "Hi beautifuls," she smiled. Her tail as going faster. Though she did catch Desna's scowl towards Nanook. What was going on between them? Did they had a fight again? Sesi then told her not to talk so loud. The mother was confused for a moment.

"I'm not loud, Sesi. Or.. maybe I was but I wanted you all to hear my howl. I missed you," she spoke and wanted to hold them all close. She also wanted to check up on her children on how they were doing, what they were doing and what their interests were. She wished they would want to spend more time with her. Scarlett had the feeling Nanook and Sesi weren't so fond of her after moving here.