The Sentinels we were made of lightning
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
All Welcome 
AW - @Lasher - can we set this for a few days ago? @Kjalarr @Vlad are welcome to say they traveled along if that is ok?

caiaphas' counsel with her subordinates had not exactly gone smoothly -- nevertheless, she was emboldened by vlad and kjalarr's eagerness to support her command. unease sat in her belly like a writhing snake at the prospect of another pack so close to their threshold -- and true to her word to lasher, caiaphas had waited a day before embarking towards the druid's coven. upon approaching the tokota river she grew increasingly anxious and furtive -- yet she traced the druid's day-washed scent all the way to a thicket of brambles that were heavily marked.

caiaphas was deflected by their appearance -- she strung in a trot towards the sight of the beach. she was not yet in donnelaith territory yet she could feel their boundaries swarming her senses. she wasted no time in issuing several clacking ay-yiy-yip howls to announce her arrival.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
oof .. let's do this. @Aria @Dante @Blue Willow -- join if u want :D

upon meeting with ferahgo, lasher had lingered in the land near donnelaith, gathering his thoughts, his words. he knew the ire of his fellow leaders would be roused against him, but he determined to tell them of what the pirate had said, and so he had rejoined his wolves, moving directly to the medical den to visit his sullen, healing son and growing daughters.

the seawitch's voice arose in the summons she had promised; lasher steeled himself and called for his trio of rulers to attend him before moving with swift, yet exhausted steps. "caiaphas," he greeted in a quiet voice.

he did not yet know how to tell them he had met with the dangerous corsair.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante had not yet spoken with Lasher and still harbored his feelings close, knowing the time would come when he would express them.  In this moment, however, when he heard the call he approached silently.  Dispassionately he looked upon Caiaphas, yet did not come too close, preferring to stay and listen in the background for the moment. If there was to be a war, he would not allow himself to sit back idly and in the dark.  He did not glance at his fellow leader but instead kept his attention on the one who would likely speak first.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow heard the call and deftly slid from the den, bidding Casmir to watch his sisters, since he was still abed with aches. She tiptoed towards the brambles and upon getting near she gently nudged Dante if he allowed, though he was still probably cross with her. She slid up beside Lasher and dipped her head to the sea witch and gave her a small smile and a gentle Hello

Then she settled and waited for what would be said, nervousness skittered up her spine, and made her ears tilt backwards to her skull. She was worried for what could be a war, but knowing something needed done.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Aria had followed, somewhat reluctantly. Having a bad experience with the other pack already, she just felt squeamish about the whole situation. But her gut told her it'd be okay. With long breathes, she walked with her fellow leaders and kept her composure. She was eager to meet the female that Lasher spoke so highly of- what would she be like? She imagined elegance and beauty.

Caiaphas was not, however, and it left the young beta feeling disappointed. It was more like looking at a raggedy old woman but- younger. She kept her opinions to herself, standing silently and obediently to the older leaders, her age clearly present in the whole situation. But she kept her posture, she would not let her age be a factor in the others opinions of her.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the sylph was not alone for long. soon company sprung from the brush -- first lasher, fluid and unmarked. caiaphas' critical gaze raked over him - he seemed unscathed, though certainly something troubled him. she breathed a sigh of relief to witness he had not been besieged by the savages, but this also perplexed her. and then she remembered as a whole, he was far more likeable than she.

along came others, likely the druid's accolytes. her gaze sprung from lasher to dante, who remained silent. blue willow followed and caiaphas gave her the briefest of dips of her head in familiarity, and shortly after a pale female emerged from the cover. she marveled that none of them spoke -- perhaps the dire situation called for a certain semblance of silence.

"well?" she breathed, her torn ears anxiously cupped forwards.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
belatedly he realized that he had been directed to gather his wolves and rally upon ferahgo's shore; exhaustion stole over him as he knew now that he must reveal a greater deception, a more violent sort of anger for his wolves to kindle against him. letting only a handful of moments pass, he straightened, looking to caiaphas. "this is dante, blue willow, and aria," the druid began, indicating each in turn.=, for they had not given their names, and he wished them all to be acquainted with one another. "this is caiaphas." 

it was the moment to be filled with truth, and yet lasher felt only dread in his belly.

"upon leaving your shore, i saw ferahgo." vague, and yet he saw no reason to admit he had gone to the pirate's shore and called for the corsair!  "we spoke. i do not trust him, and yet he claims he did not order the attacks, and that the woman who came here is a rogue. he has agreed to give her over to us to do with as we see fit."

and there came silence.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Everything was met with silence.  He was there only to listen, and listen he did.  He held his tongue as Lasher revealed he had met with the pirates already - of course he had!  Why should he not, for as a man with nothing to lose, what danger did he face?

A stony sort of disapproval held him, and he knew this was not the time to let loose.  Instead he continued watching Caiaphas, failing to see anything remarkable in her and perhaps allowing his bias against Lasher's decisions to color this first impression.  So this was the woman who would brook no others in meeting?  But would instead allow her 'friend' to make the dangerous journey alone, devoid of packmates and support?  That Lasher had met with them and the meeting had gone well was fortunate.  It could so easily have been otherwise.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
is it okay if we assume a loose post order? private message me if not and i will happily redact <3

caiaphas' gaze traveled to each wolf as their names were called -- and she was met with a strange type of silence. her attention was drawn quickly back to the druid as he continued his narrative -- sharply her lancing gaze fell upon him in accusation as he revealed he had encountered ferahgo.. alone?

she would have instantly chastised him were it not for the grouping before her. their solemn faces kept her keen tongue in line, though she later wondered if lasher had simply wandered upon ferahgo by chance. pointedly caiaphas looked behind lasher, as if he were stowing wednesday's cowering figure behind his own.  "i do not see her -- do you have her contained somewhere?" darkly she recalled their last conversation and the fate the sea-wolf would be left to.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
fine by me!

"he has thrown her from his ranks, if i took his meaning. we could hunt for her ourselves, or wait for her to return to our view. she is mad. she will return to her shores to recover from her wounds. it is our time then." he felt the weakness of his words, but could do nothing for them. "what is the course of action?" he inquired, glancing between the four other wolves.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
 (: no post order is fine by me 

The girl stood quietly still, a bit peeved to hear Lasher admitting to meeting with the man. Did he pay her story no attention? Even if he did not explicitly say that he had sought him out, Aria knew. Her ears flicked as he spoke, and it was obvious that she was unhappy to hear him say that- she was trying her hardest not to comment on it.

"You mean she is free?" Aria asked, shocked, watching the man with uncertainty. "Do we know she will return for sure?" 
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the look on caiaphas' face could not be concealed - a strange brand of outrage flushed her. even her yellow gaze seemed lancing as she looked at lasher, incredulous. it was evident the words failed to part from her muzzle and for a moment it seemed she had no command at all over the ruffled hackles that flared upwards in indignity. "he did not offer her to you? did he did not try to find her at all? did he offer you any recourse at all?" the siren queen would have almost spat, were it not for the fact the wolf she addressed was dear lasher -- she reined her contempt, though a wry chuckle pulled hideously against her gums and a flash of lower teeth were visible. "he has played you for a fool then."
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue did not say anything just listened. though she agreed with Caiphas silently. Her own outrage apparent by the tilt of her head and the slight lift of her lip. She did not like that this wolf would be out and about especially around the children. She suddenly felt a strong urge to turn tail and run back to her den and safely pull their daughters back into the den.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"if it was not his order, why should he attempt to help us find her? 'twas donnelaith she attacked; he has no investment in us. i do not trust him, but he knows now that our ire is roused against he and his crew. the wolves settling in the woodlands to our back, i warned them also of the pirates, and there is a mountain encampment that surely can be persuaded to band with us against the corsairs. they are closed off, and weak against the very many of us. caiaphas, perhaps i am a fool, but i see no reason for ferahgo to lie." 

taltos quieted, weary.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
last post for me :)

lasher was quick to supply a rejoinder -- caiaphas remained silent, her gaze adverted. she had perhaps said too much, too unkindly -- and for a moment she considered lasher's feelings. the empathy was fleeting, and as quickly as she had drawn the keen blade of her tongue she sheathed it. she was unwilling to discuss any further her contempt and distrust for ferahgo and his crew. "then we wait for her to show herself." the salt witch rose, her gaze trailing to each of the wolves before her before she dipped her head and made her leave.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Can be my last as well ;) unless he's addressed

He listened to the entire exchange silently, having already decided that he would not voice his own advice until this ordeal was past them.  He was not a parent, could not understand the protective foolishness (as he saw it) that had both Lasher and Blue Willow making what he saw as rash judgements.  So he felt, to keep the peace, his best course of action was to let this run its course however the alpha pair saw fit.  His would be to deal with whatever consequences might come.

He was not sure who he agreed with, but he knew in this, he trusted Lasher's judgement.  Perhaps he might not understand some of the Alpha's decisions, but he trusted his judgement in other wolves and knew he wasn't naive to the darkness that could exist in some's motives.  If he thought that Ferhago was honest, then that was enough for the Beta.  They would, as Caiaphas said, simply have to wait.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Aria stared at them all, each in turn. Her pale eyes were narrowed as she viewed the situation, soon giving up and understanding how Lasher could've been so reckless and how Ferahgo could be such an asshole- but she at least understood that first hand. The sea-witch turned to leave, and the pale Beta looked to her alpha, her tail flicking back and forth. She said nothing, unsure of what to say, and waited for him to dismiss them.

] same- last for me ^^
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
i will archive :D

following his words, no wolf had more to say, and so lasher gave a nod to the trio of the glen-wolves. "caiaphas." as he waited for them to rise, he himself paused to give the witch a single nod before he turned and sought the solace of his darkened borders.