Stone Circle Everything's a Story
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
@Valette Set for the 15th.

Kota had been traveling for a while, hoping to share his stories with other pack's that would hear him. He really wanted to be accepted into the pack. The grey male makes it to the border of Easthollow and lets out a howl, hoping to speak to someone with a high rank.
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Hope you don't mind Nanook as well, I didn't see this marked as private (:

Nanook took to patrolling more often these days, ever since that foolish loner had deemed it wise to snake through the heart of Easthollow without care or concern for the consequence thereafter. The pack had dispatched the vagrant with an impeccable front, but the Apaata knew the altercation only pointed to a weak spot in their defence - one the stormy woman took personally.

She approached the stranger with haste, alert to any signs of danger he presented in his posturing. He seemed fine from the outset, but Nanook didn't let her guard drop so quickly. "Are you seeking an audience?" She asked, straight to the point. Nanook trusted her sister would arrive here regardless; Desna's reign on the borders was impressive, and she guessed her corral of kids had something to do with that drive.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Even though Valette didn't hear a howl she noticed Nanook's fresh tracks in the snow. Valette being good at tracking she was quick to change her direction. She wanted to hang out with her sister. Perhaps they could do a border patrol together! She didn't think that there was something interesting at the borders. However, when she reached them she noticed Nanook was with a stranger. She trotted forward, stopping next to her sister. She waited and listened to what the other had to say.
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The grey male lowered his body and bowed with respect as a the two wolves approached him. "I apologize with the intrusion I'm Kota." The young wolf started by introducing himself to the females before speaking of his buisness. "I have been recently let into Tindome with the requirement of me earning a trade. I was perhaps wondering if any wolves were interested in hearing one of my stories."
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Desna came upon them no sooner than Nanook had delivered her words, and the Apaata offered her sister a small dip of her head in greeting. The man, however, was quick to speak, and she couldn't linger in a longer greeting. Instead, she turned to her attention back on him, one brow crooked.

She focused as much on his postural display as she did on the words he offered. Complete respect - though she held back a laugh when he confessed to thinking himself an intruder. No, if they had found him a toe within Easthollow, the only welcome he would have received would have been the sound of snarls, and the clamp teeth around his flesh. He had kept himself at a wise distance, and Nanook found her gaze drifting to Desna as he drew his proposal to a close.

"What do you think?" No doubt there were wolves in their ranks who would enjoy a good story - Nanook could name three off the toes on her paw. But she herself wasn't sure how she felt about letting a stranger so close to the pups. Ultimately, the decision stood with Desna, but she lowered her voice to offer her sister a compromise, to soothe her apprehension more than anything. "We could always share his story with the others later if it's a good one."
I'll do better
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette listened to what the other had to say. He wanted to tell them a story. Valette wondered why he wouldn't do that in his own pack. Though, perhaps his story was exciting enough for her children. So she could tell that to them later. Nanook seemed open to it as well. Valette nodded. "I agree," she spoke with a nod.

"Well Kota, you can tell your story," she spoke with a nod. Valette sat down. For a moment, she felt a bit suspicious if it might be a trap. But this male seemed far from being a trickster. A soft smile curled on her lips to encourage him.
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
This story does not belong to me it's a story I found online. Here's the link and the original author is at the bottom. http://www.wolfcountry.net/information/m...lipse.html

At this moment his tail seemed to have a mind of his own as it swayed back and forth in the white snow. He thout of the story he might tell, he had so many so it was hard to choose which one would be best to share. He ultimately thinks of one and begins to speak. "The story is called Eclipse the wolf." He announces the title before speaking once more. "A female wolf (Eclipse) stared intensely at the male leader of the Raven claw pack. She snarls the instinct and knowing of her many ancestors over the centuries running through her. The others wolfs shudder as she does the death howl. The male leader (Codan) springs at her but she is too quick and leaps at the same time. Her legs thumping downwards on to his back stunning him. The she grips his through in her powerful jaw shaking her head violently side to side till his body hangs limp. She drops him and legs her tongue snake over the blood covered fangs. The standing on the highest ridge of the cliff she howls that she is no leader. She smiles to her self she has at last avenged her fathers murder by Codan.

The sun sets and Eclipse takes in long sweeping sniffs of the air she scents a deer. Her instinct kicking in she stalks quietly to where the deer is the when she's with in inches it sees her and sprints of. She chases it full speed and as it stumbles she jumps on it killing just the way she killed Codan. She gorges on the flesh of the deer and indulges in the marrow leaving hollow bones.

A year later she meets Darkstar and she becomes his mate they have pups some with her dark black fur the others with their fathers white fur. The pups grew up and Eclipse grows old with Darkstar until they both died and can now been seen together in the stars."
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Relieved her sister had the same idea, and affirmed by the clear display of positive emotion from Kota, Nanook relaxed, though not to Desna's extent. The tightness in her shoulders unravelled, but the Apaata stayed firm in her stance, readied if the man proved an enemy and skewed the meeting awry.

The story held some promise at first - the names harkening back to the days she'd spent with the aged widow up North - but whether in the method of his telling, or that she'd simply grown jaded over the years, the tale quickly soured her ears. By the end of his account, her eyes had narrowed. Thank heavens they hadn't brought the pups out before hearing the tale. Though they would one day be exposed to concepts of justice and vengeance, Kota's story wasn't the way she wanted them taught - with a handle on violence she thought exalted the act of killing, even though the cause was just. And there was a bleakness to the tale, a grotesqueness, that made her shift her eyes to Desna, wondering to her reaction.

She lent her opinion in the rest of her ears against her skull, a level snout, and a downturned nose - the movements of a hostile uncertainty. That disturbed me, she physically said, and Nanook would let Desna audibly speak; her sister had always been much better with words.
I'll do better
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette couldn't contain her shock at the extremely violent story that this stranger told on their borders. Valette's mouth was agape with a deep frown on her brow. She felt even more disturbed at the rest of the story, which made sense. What lesson could be learned from this story? There was only violence and bloodshed. Plus, the characters came out of nowhere and to her it felt like bad storytelling.

Valette slowly closed her mouth as he finished the story. Valette looked at her sister and noticed that she was disturbed as well. A low growl came from Valette's mouth. "That was disturbing," she commented. Her ears were also flattened against her skull. "Normally storytellers have a story that teaches about courage, patience, friendship and all that. This story felt like a gore filled revenge story with a happy ending? Sorry but no,' she growled.

It also made Valette rather uncomfortable as this male told such a violent story, what if he would act on that as well? Valette took on a more defensive stance. "I think I'd like you to leave from our borders," she warned, knowing her sister would most likely back her up.
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Kota felt bad, that stroy had been a lot more happier when his mother had told him it. But he didn't stay longer, the young wolf nods and walks off. Not staying a minute longer as he walks off in the direction of his pack.