Blackbeak Bluff but now you're in love, you know
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
All Welcome 
the bluffs were no strange terrain for the siren-queen, who scaled one rocky ridge with the precision of a wolf who knew well the path she tread. at the summit, the coywolf cast her gaze to the sea -- which thundered and snarled as it pulled up and down the broken cliffs.

she had left grimnismal with the intention of returning with some fare that was neither sea-borne nor marmot. thus far, her search for terrestrial cuisine was rather unsuccessful. if it came to it she supposed she could go further south, see if anything could be gleaned from the swarthy river a little southwest of them, but for now she was content to gaze out over the murky shore and feel the saltwind caress her coarse hide.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele was on the outskirts of a territory he could smell it, but as he is he kept walking towards the rocky cliff in the distance. His muscular body rippled as he laid his paws down on the ground with each step, he lifted his head for a minute to sniff the salty air. A strange scent was in the distance, "Who could this be?" he mumbled to himself abruptly stopping in his tracks just a few yards away. In his sight was the outline of a wolf and he was not terrified but curious because it had been too long since he had an interaction. 

The silver wolf waited to see what would happen and if this wolf would notice him. He planted himself on the ground and flicked his tail.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the sylph cast a single ear behind her; as if on instinct, she pulled her gaze from the battering sea and the ruthless yellow of her eyes settled on a figure halted behind her. she felt a prickle along her spine, yet coldly commanded her limbs to move slowly. deliberately, she turned her hawkish head round to view him in full.

he cut a robust figure, the gunmetal of his pelt interspersed with blunted silver. had she called to mind the significant height difference between the two of them, she might have said he were a goliath in her presence. delicately, she pulled her shoulders down from the ridge and faced him fully, apprising him with a silent and inscrutable expression.
142 Posts
Ooc —
His ears went back automatically when he knew the wolf had seen him. Never had he greeted someone nicely, so he wanted to make it a good first impression not like the others. He was drawn to this wolf that he had never met probably in an attempt to at least make contact with someone else. His hair was raised on end just in case this black masked wolf didn't accept his conversation attempts. 

Aside from being a little cautious the curiousity got the best of him. When he could make her out she was tiny, or maybe that was just to him but more than that her expression he couldn't understand. Was she someone he could possibly trust in the future or just another enemy? He arose from his sitting position moving forward a couple steps, he tried to not be as intimidating as he thought he was. Trying to decide whether to approach or leave was hard for him. "Hello" he said his raspy deep voice matched his appearance in an eerie way. His glowing amber eyes met her seemingly endless yellow eyes as they stood just a few long strides away from each other.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
it was not unusual for the sylph to wait for others to speak first -- it afforded her the time to scrutinize them, to assess their demeanor -- to figure out whether they were friend or foe.

no doubt, the dark grey male took the opportunity to do the same. she remained steadfast, unblinking -- as the pewter creature rose and came closer, she remained still. it was not until the baritone of his voice punctured the roar of the sea did she move, and scantly at that -- a subtle flicker of an ear.

"need something?" she returned, hardly one for pleasantries or idle banter.
142 Posts
Ooc —
He wasn't sure how to take this female. She was an interesting one, for being out and about alone. Maybe he could figure out why later, he certainly knew she wasn't one that had been roaming around, he would have seen her earlier.

Steele blocked out the raging of storms going on behind Caiaphas, his attention was solely on her. "I don't need anything, but I'd like to know who you are?" he said taking another few steps forward, his hair still on end and his eyes locked on her. He'd like to think of himself as sly but it could often times be taken as an overstep or make one angry. He flicked his tail waiting for the reply from the female, her color striked him as odd but perfect for their whereabouts. He was studying her.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the siren didn't much care for the manner in which the pewter grey male addressed her, but it did not show in her stoic expression. truth be told, his brashness was not exactly unfamiliar; caiaphas had spent her entire life being coarse, and recognized it plainly in other individuals for what it was --  a protective measure.

"i live here." she informed him, a cant of her slender muzzle given in direction of the sound. "yourself?"
142 Posts
Ooc —
She lived here... Steele pondered for a minute as the statement caught him off guard. "I'm just wondering along, found myself here." he relaxed himself, he felt as though it was fine to be a little less cautious at this point. "Sorry if I am intruding upon your land" he said meeting his eyes with hers. He gave her a genuine look. he wasn't sure if he was trespassing but he had always tried to at least be respectful.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
steele graciously apologized, but there was no need. indifferently, the salt queen offered a roll of her shoulders before responding. "if you were intruding, you would be dead." she answered matter-of-factly, fierce yellow eyes resting on him plainly.

"this is neutral territory." she added in afterthought, glancing briefly to the stone-splattered sea.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele gave a slight nod, in his years of living he had never trespassed so he never knew the consequences until now. "What brings you to neutral territory then?" he asked, moving forward a bit toward her. He almost circled her in a way, trying to study her a bit more. She seemed to be an intriguing wolf to him. He wasn't sure though how to take her, she didn't show much emotion.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the male pulled closer yet again; in warning, she lifted her lips and the sinister gleam of a single fang was shown. a silent message to not come too close. his circling, in a strange way, seemed as if he were predatory -- caiaphas' tail twitched against her thin hocks and her ears pulled back as he came back around her.

"game." she answered quietly, her raptor-yellow gaze unflinching. it occurred to her he might be circling to find some hidden weakness, and she sharpened her resolve. she would not be caught unaware. "i'm caiaphas - alpha of grimnismal." it had been a long time since she had introduced herself as anything; yet she was pleased to hear that her title had the old familiar ring of sovereign importance still.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele made his round and then stopped in front of her letting his tail dangle and his be held high with his ears perked up. In a way he was toying with her, but he was not trying to harm her. He watched as she bared her pearly white fang, he bared one of his back. "An alpha?" he replied trying to get it through his head, "Should I bow to you or something?" he said chuckling.
Crows were screeching and the storms had just ended, no more thunder clapping and lightning strikes on the horizon although it was still cloudy. Steele took a seat on the damp ground and looked at the interesting she-wolf. "What is your pack like?" he asked as he was curious about this female's life.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
her show of weaponry was met by an equal measure -- abruptly caiaphas' hackles raised in a serrated ridge, and she stepped towards steele assertively. she was not one to be trifled with, and the gleam in her harshly fringed eyes suggested there were a great many ill-fated consequences for being so flippant in her presence.

"the world should bow to me." she replied coldly, her tone full of cold command. "and i tell disrespectful loners nothing of my pack." something in the manner in which she spoke suggested she could be mollified -- provided he cut his tough-guy act.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele watched her and his eyes got a little larger as she stepped closer to him with her hackles raised. "I wasn't trying to be agressive Caiaphas. I just was studying you, getting to know you if you will." his tone was softer this time. He felt a slight bit bad for making Caiaphas raise her hackles and show her aggression. He pinned his ears back stood and put his tail between his legs, he showed his submissiveness. This was his sign of letting her know he was a good guy, not one that was going to harm her. 
He had hoped maybe they could get along this time around. He knew being tough around others could end him up in trouble but truth to be known he'd never known anything else in his life.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the sylph's corrective measure was appropriately accepted -- she tilted her lethally thin muzzle, studying the change of posture that overcame the pewter-ticked male. either he was genuine, or he was an exceptional liar -- and caiaphas hedged her bets towards the latter.

however, the transfer of posture and the assumed veracity of the male's folding actions were enough to placate the wretch, who only jutted her chin a little as if in a silent hmmph. she had little to say, as she found his manner of studying to be most invasive and volatile -- a tactic she preferred to use on others, not to see it used on her.

"if you want to know something, you don't get it by staring." the sylph already was making her turn, her thin back boldly turned to him. "you get it by doing."
142 Posts
Ooc —
At this point he wasn't sure what to do or say, as communication wasn't his finest ability in life. "By doing what?" he asked, he almost stuttered. Steele wasn't one to do much but be on his own, hunt, sleep, and wonder along. Another wolf interacting with him that hasn't already tried to kill him... well it seemed impossible to him. His paws slowly came forward just one step as to follow her if she had started to leave, he wanted to know more about this intriguing wolf he had just met, doing whatever she needed him to.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
she cast a thin ear backwards, aware the steely male had elected to shadow her. lowering her snipey muzzle to the ground, caiaphas nosed along the exposed bedrock and haggard tussock until the musky scent of game infiltrated the tall reeds. following it, the thin woman gave no pause, her arched figure cutting through the wind-bent speargrass.

if steele wanted feel-good, bubbly advice to how to get to know anything -- well, it wouldn't come from her. she was hardly the paragon of well-kept relationships, and after what seemed an interminable pause she simply rolled her shoulders, entirely ignoring his question. "you smell any marmot here?"
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele followed her like a lost puppy, he was sure now of what she was doing. He lowered his large face to the ground taking in a breath of air through his nose, letting the scent sift through his scensors, he smelled no marmot. "Not one here" he said as he rolled passed her his nose still glued to the ground, the scensor was leading him on a trail of something... he wasn't quite sure the smell.
"Follow me? " he suggested to her as he wasn't concerned now of her mood, but of the hunting. He was muscular body was low to the ground, his liquid pools of amber were locked on the direction of the scent. In the distance was a small mound of rocks but to the right there was something moving. He wasn't sure if Caiaphas would be interested but he sure was, Steele hadn't ate in a while and this could possibly be his key to the she-wolf talking to him more. As for now he is interested in getting food. He's in his zone.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
behind her, the silvery male pressed forth, his muzzle trailing though blades of dustdust colored grass. caiaphas slowed, and wordlessly followed his progress with her cold yellow eyes.

for a moment she did nothing -- and then, after enough distance had been placed between them, the siren queen pursued his pewter form.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele waited for her to catch up to him. When he saw her slim muzzle almost to him hind end he progressed forward taking small steps. He still kept his body low to the ground crawling so whatever this was couldn't see him as he made his way over to the rocks. As he got to the rocks he slowed to a stop looking at the she-wolf. The smell was overwhelming now and he was ready to pounce. The male peaked his head up just so his eyes were making an appearance over the rocks spying on the animal.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas' hard gaze never left steele's backside -- even as he crept forward, hunkered over like some rough beast. the grass beneath him parted with soft rustles, as if objecting their passage -- she slowed to a halt and instinctively pressed her thin belly to the ground.

ahead, the pewter male's form flattened -- every aspect of him from his strayaway hairs to his ears seemed to condense. she awaited, breath shallow and near still. either he would be successful, or he would not -- but caiaphas did not lift a single hair to influence the outcome either way.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele moved to the side of the rocks a peeled his eyes out watching the animal move slightly. It wouldn’t be easy for Steele but he waited and anticipated the right move to make. He watched as the large marmot stuck it’s nose down again and he pounced, his back legs gave him a large lunge forward. The large male extended his front paws and his jaws were gaping in mid air. 
It all felt a bit slow motion for him as he wasn’t too worried about the “audience” behind him but the food he was about to catch. As he descended from the air his mouth landed around the marmots throat catching it a bit off guard but it didn’t last but a few seconds. Steele’s heart was racing a million miles a second, but he looked up to Caiaphas with the rather large animal in his mouth. He said nothing but his eyes were narrow like that of a killer, and they adjusted after just a few minutes.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
hanging back, the sylph watched the flash of mercury -- a whirl of monotone -- and in an instant, it was over. her jaded yellow gaze studied him as he turned around, his jaws clutched around the fat form of prey and his eyes full of feral cunning.

jutting her thin jaw, she lifted her head nearly imperceptibly -- a silent test, exacted only by her own hidden knowledge. whatever he did next would influence her decision and impression of him -- permanently.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele waited for a moment before he actually caught up to real time. He took the marmot over to the ink faced she wolf and dropped it in front of her his jaws then closed slowly. There was a moment before he nudged it forward in between her small but powerful paws. 
He was not about saying anything right now, he was just content with letting her eat in peace. Steele walked a few feet away and cleaned his jaws letting his long tongue wipe away the evidence of the marmot. As he laid down on the cool ground he pushed the grass aside and made room for his body watching for any threats around. He was always cautious.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
he offered the kill to her. unsurprisingly, caiaphas took it - but not before giving him a hard and apprising look.

she placed the thin edge of a paw on the broken body, claiming its space with a grimly possessive gesture. 

"you could be useful." she intoned, yet did not expand -- without anything further, she scooped the kill from the ground and made to move for home. he could follow, or he could stay -- but she was going.