Heron Lake Plateau i can see a shitfaced brother that i covered for what must've been the last ten years
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
More one post wonder stuff - skip me in the future

Raleska had, until that point, remained relatively silent (and still), her body pressed against the reassuring warmth of her mother. When Svalinn was pushed forward, she felt something akin to distress swarm her - he was her only littermate left, if he could even be called that. She actually didn't know what he would be called, as she had been too young when he was inducted into the family to recognize he was not Caiaphas'. Having no understanding of how long gestation took, she had simply assumed her mother had popped Svalinn out one day, and surely more would be forthcoming.

The child also did not understand what was at stake here; her mother's beggarly mien was unusual and it caused her fur to prickle with unease. She had only seen her mother like this back in Easthollow, and those wolves had turned them to the cold, to die. The spirit in her had long since departed, having been beaten, bled, and starved out of her. She missed her father, she missed Ephraim and Rhakios and Illidan, and wished she had gone with them instead of staying here. Having no concept of child mortality out in the wild sans adult supervision, she had become entrenched with feelings of abandonment. Her mother's hawkish eyes and possessive cluckings, and the new red wolf that accompanied them, had all prevented Raleska from foolishly attempting to find her brothers. Not that she would have anyway; she would have had more luck catching a fish in a desert than being reunited with any of her siblings.. but a girl could dream her naive dreams.

As Svalinn rose of his own directive and went towards the wolf that their mother seemed most engaged with, Raleska slumped down and watched jealously. She had been weaned weeks prior, and a flare of envy briefly made its impact across her little face as she watched, and knew, exactly what it was Svalinn's sights were set upon.
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i can see a shitfaced brother that i covered for what must've been the last ten years - by Raleska - June 29, 2018, 06:47 PM