Silver Moraine 'Cause nothing hurts like a woman can
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
@Dawn for tomorrow Aug 14, 2018 :P also going to tag @Nanook as they are travelling together, don't feel obligated to join in :P

Continuing the scouting of the surrounding territories, Siarut had circled back around. It had been about 48 hours since leaving IkKanattuk. His short excursion out of the territory allowed him to settle his thoughts, he felt more centered, calmer even. The Atausiq was ready to return to his family, to lead the wolves that waited in the frozen land. He was coming to terms with his misgivings, and had come to the conclusion that he had to do this, he had to stay strong for his family. 

His frame stood a little higher, his posture more relaxed, and yet he held a certainty about him that would lead to his new position. The northerner was sure footed as he continued to roam the land. Olive green eyes roving the rocky debris created by his glacier. He prefered the feeling of stone underpaw, rather than the soft grass they had just come from.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
the scent trail weaved through the rocks, faint, yet there. her brow furrowed, unable quite to tell if the trail dated before or after her attack. she moved with a limp still, ear tattered yet healed enough to allow her to shift it atop her skull without pain. then, beyond, she sights something pale moving through the rocks. she is still, watching, until scent moves her way and she recognizes the man for who he is. 

she could simply turn away and leave him now, but some stubborn part of her has her take a few steps forward, closing the distance between them to an amount that could easily be widened one more should her words be taken poorly (of which the probability is high). a chuff, and then soon follows her message lest he catch sight of her and make any immidiate move that would stop her from relaying it. "there's a male, white and tan. he's dangerous, and attacks at random. your number should know." she is quiet, gaze watching him carefully.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
A voice broke though his thoughts, distracting him from his already distracted state. Although he had ventured out to scout, he realized, through the woman's words, that he hadn't been paying much attention. If he had he wouldn't have been slightly startled, she had come from down wind. Turning he caught sight of the disheveled woman, her bronze gaze focused on him. He was surprised she hadn't simply walked away. Rather she left him with a warning.

Siarut narrowed his gaze as he turned fully to face the woman properly. She looked worse for wear, her ear garbled, and her neck an array of fleshy partially healed mass. His gaze softened slightly, and he tried to let his anger at their previous encounter settle for a moment. "I take it he's the one to tear you to shreds." He watched her carefully, rustled by her presence. He did appreciate the information, but he didn't have to let her know that.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
he did not leave nor appear outright aggressive; her shoulders released a hint of tension she did not know they'd held. she shrugged, mild amusement dancing in her gaze the briefest of moments. "you'd be right."  features settled and quieted after a moment, and she surveyed him a moment longer before speaking. 

"it was wrong, to force you from the Maplewood as we did. for that I am sorry."  sincere, steadfast. in the past, her pride would not bend enough to allow her to make the statement. but it had taken a beating in the last months. besides, it was best to cut as quickly as was deemed suitable to the family's expulsion, and again did she survey him steadily, waiting for cutting words, a turn of his shoulder.
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Cameo for now! If addressed/needed, please throw out a tag! (:

Nanook had allowed a comfortable gap to spread between herself and her companion, for while Siarut's company was one she enjoyed, she had never been one to cling. There was a freedom she felt with the Northerner that left her at ease to explore the moraine away from his side, at the pace her curiosity saw fit, and for him to explore the same. There was much to discover here - at least, as much as one wished to find - and after roving ahead a fair distance she rerouted herself to Siarut, curious to know his thoughts on this place, and to share her own.

His stark fur was much easier to spot in the giant scar of grey than Clary's had been, and his form, much more regal than her light-footed niece. She spotted him with ease, but tipped her head when she caught sight and sound of someone else.

The Apaata slid forward, navigating the moraine with the grace of a dancer. She would offer her aid, if necessary, but for the moment she stopped at a useful yet respectable distance away, ears forward and eyes upon the stone-furred stranger, intent to discover the nature of the meeting before deciding anything else.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Perked ears swiveled to catch the sound of another approaching out of the corner of his gaze he caught sight of his companion, glad to have back-up. He wasn't overly concerned about this woman putting up a fight, she was injured and much smaller than himself. But for the sake of his moral he was glad to have a witness, lest things go awry. The woman confirmed his suspicions, to which Siarut could only nod.

The beautiful surroundings which had only moments ago captured the ice bears curiosity, now seemed dim. Reminiscing over his families pain was not on his list of things to do today, or ever. But this woman was quick to bring it up, and Siarut was intrigued that such a dignified woman would steep to apologizing. He was now stuck between his two halves. One was saying he should forgive the woman, the other stated quite the opposite.

Dawn wouldn't be disappointed in her anticipations for his further actions. No, Siarut's tongue burned with the acid he conjured, a snarl quick to release. "You should be." He had no intention of forgiving and forgetting, "We meant you no harm. If you had stated your concerns in a civilized manner we could have helped each other." The ice bear all but spat the words at the woman. Taking a breath he turned his head slightly, refusing to look at her. "You are lucky my sister is more level headed than I am." He knew that Shivali had been right in discouraging a fight, but it still pained him that they had given up so easily.

The diplomat that lived deep within the brute tried to surface, he took a deep breath. The anger suddenly stealing the air from his lungs.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she offered no excuses as he spoke, watching him with slightly inclined crown as the sun burned off his pelt like rays on snow. he seemed to be less than interested in patching up their relationship, not with the anger burning off him, and she regarded him a moment longer before stepping neatly to the side. "perhaps."  they had harmed their faltering numbers as soon as they'd set foot in their main hunting ground, but she tired of explanations.  they were the ones who'd chosen to leave after she'd allowed them one more night in the Maplewood, she reasoned, but it hardly mattered now. "but can you judge as you do without knowing the state of my own number, why we wronged as we did?"

he'd gotten his apology, she could not bend further (especially considering he considered himself temperamental). gaze moved to the dark woman who'd appeared a little ways off, scanning her once before returning to the male. briefly, she wondered what her father would have done. she held her tongue a moment, offering a moment of silence as she considered simply returning to the plains.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
She stepped to the side her movement easy even with the injuries peppered across her pelt. He couldn't fault the woman for revealing so little of her family, as he to would be less inclined to tell a stranger much. Siarut was however, struck by the lessons taught by his mother; peaceful existence, self-restraint and sharing. "Nigiqtuq" Allowing the word to settle between the two warriors, "A trait that is highly valued among my own." Sia explained slowly, although he was still angry he forced himself to remain calm as he spoke. The teachings of his gentle mother, bubbling forth. "In essence it mean peaceful existence, self-restraint and sharing. I can only assume you do not share the same values."

She didn't reciprocate his anger, and in doing so Siarut slowly deflated. His voice held less fire, but the accusation was still fierce, and his glare held strong. The hunger pains of Currituck still pained him, the thought that his niece and nephews had felt the same stuck to the back of his throat. "I judge you in the same way you judged us. You had no desire to know our state, just as I have no desire to learn of yours."
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
the strange is haughty, arrogant as he spouts the teachings of his mother. her expression shifts a fraction, tensions burns between her shoulders, but she does shift. "I will not offer justification for what I do to keep the rest of my family alive. I will admit my wrongs, but do that think that means you get so assume my values." it is simple, to her, her shortcomings in the situation and yet the necessity of what she'd done. after the death of her father and what it had done to all of them, she could not allow any risk of the same happening to any of her comrades. could not see the insanity in her uncle's eyes, the blame and fear in her brother's. her stoicism evaporates for only a second before she forces steel into her expression, gaze shadowed. "very well."  it appears that they have reached impasse, one she has no idea to see shift. she does not understand what he wishes her do, her admittance and apology met only with ire. does he wish her beg? she sees no hint of his supposed nigiqtuq in him.  "if you have any desire of accepting our wrongs, or shifting this impasse, you know where to find me." with a dip of her muzzle in farewell, she turns stiffly on her heel, with every intent to beeline back toward the maplewood.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Her words had little affect on his state of mind. He wasn’t usually one to do much of the talking, something that would need to change with his new position. However, change was not always the easiest past. At this moment, falling back on his traditional gruffness Siarut watched the woman leave. He had nothing left to say to her. Not now at least. Perhaps once away from the situation he might find his head again.

Watching the woman leave, he huffed. Frustrated with his own emotion, he looked over at his companion. Sia knew he had been to harsh, but he couldn’t help himself. Sighing again he nodded at Nanook, flicking his head toward their glacier. “Let’s go.” His words were hollow, and he still had a gruff edge to him as he headed home. He was no longer in a mood to continue their search.

feel free to archive @Dawn for your trade! :)
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}