Stone Circle And you can play this at my funeral
Tell me something that i'll forget
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
The smoky traveller had never before had the experience of wandering so close to a pack boundary with such intentions, and it felt disorienting to do so without the presence of his mother at his side. He was not in need of a place to stay, for he was an independant young man and found it difficult to put his trust in the hands of strangers, but his cause was one that he had promised he would carry through. It was true he had no real confirmation that this was the pack who contained his supposed family, but the directions of the passing wolf were the only thing to lead the Valento, aside from the names burned into his mind. After an hour or so of traipsing around like a fool while contemplating his options, he'd come to the conclusion that his only choice was to draw closer and request the presence of a wolf who resided within this domain.

His howl was clear, though deep like the thundering waves - his head had tipped back to release his summoning cry and only once it had faded into the air did he take one step back and wait uncomfortably on the outside of Easthollow with a distant glaze over his eyes of green.
I tried to write your name in the rain
But the rain never came
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette lifted her head when she heard the howl. A joiner? They could use some more members. However, she didn't want to be too hopeful. The female pushed herself to her feet and told her kids that she was needed at the borders. Valette wanted them to stay put for now as she was not sure who the caller was. When there were friendly wolves she knew, the mother wouldn't hesitate.

The dark female trotted forward when she arrived she noticed that her son @Ezra had been seeing to the stranger already. He was a good protector. Valette smiled at her son, who in return gave her space to talk to the stranger. Valette stepped forward, knowing that Ezra would probably stay in the background to keep an eye out for trouble. "Hello. You called for leadership. I'm Valette, leader of Easthollow," she introduced.
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The young man who approached first was similar in colouring to himself, though adorned with eyes of a cobalt blue against his own, which were the vivid green of an apple's surface. Soltero furrowed his brows a touch, unsure how to display the correct courtesy to one who was younger than he but a member of this pack's ranks - he supposed he ought to show submission, though it felt odd and he wasn't quite sure what to do. He'd never known these things, having been torn from his birthpack as a young boy and spending the majority of his time travelling alongside his mother. Luckily, he was saved when a woman emerged from the undergrowth, fur a chocolate brown and eyes of hazel-green.

As she strolled forward, Soltero dipped his head and lowered his tail, determined that this was the correct behaviour to display. "Hello." The word rolled off his tongue, deep voice reverberating from his chest. Now, how to do the conversation thing? "My name is Soltero. I am searching for a man named Mawk Saefyn, and his mate Illecebra. Are they among your ranks?" His gaze sparkled with curiousity, feeling a slight flutter in his stomach as he pondered whether he had come to the correct place. The directions the other wolf had given him had been accurate, for they led to the place mentioned, but had he mislead him? Were his adoptive family truly here? And for that matter, were they even real, and not a figment of his mother's imagination?
But the rain never came
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette watched as the male was searching for the right stance before adopting one. She accepted the stance and did not give him a growl or baring of her teeth. Valette was normally kind on the borders, especially to strangers that showed respect for her borders. If they didn't then they would have to deal with a mad Valette. This male didn't trigger any of such behavior.

Valette thought she assumed what the male wanted to request, to join them. But he didn't ask such a thing. "Oh. Um. Yes! They do live here," Valette spoke. "Do you want me to call for them?," Valette asked. Now she wondered what this male had in connection with Mawk and Cebra. Those two did have a history for drama, though lately, Cebra seemed to keep to the pack. Probably because of her memory loss.
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
His heart almost stopped beating for a moment, eyes widening just a fraction - so, they were not fables. They were here, alive in flesh and blood; his mother had not lied, and the Valento's few inklings of doubt had dissipated entirely. "They... they are..." He muttered to himself, apple-green gaze flickering to the side as though expected them to simply materialize from the undergrowth as the alphess had. "Yes, please," His voice held the deep, rumbling tone but there was a glimmer of weariness that had washed over his bones - his journey had been a tiring one, and he was unsure what to expect from the wolves he had only heard stories of as a child.

"They are my family. Not... not by blood, but my mother had considered Mawk a brother - she told me to search for him, once she passed." The traveller assumed she had been curious of his desires here, for an alphesss would defend her own, would she not? His explanation was short, but he hoped it would settle her curiousity enough to deem him not a threat.
But the rain never came
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head. It would be no problem to howl for Mawk. Though she hadn't seen the wolf for a long time. Valette howled for @Mawk and then nodded to the boy. "I can imagine," she spoke. "Mawk is here, so is Cebra," she explained. Though the two had been rather secluded. Valette sighed softly, Cebra hadn't been the same after her memory loss. Hence why she called Mawk instead of the both of them. He would probably be better in remembering anyhow.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Life had become lonely in the heart of the man. It was a struggle, he sometimes pondered, though did not everybody face difficulties? There was always somebody out there who had it worse than himself, and he often reminded himself of this truth; it did not exactly please him, but it helped him to appreciate what still remained within his grasp. He'd scarely communicate with his packmates in-depth, sticking to short conversations and passsing greetings, for when he worried about things his first motive was to patrol more frequently and console himself in the peace of his lonesome. He loved Easthollow and those who resided there, but for now he would keep to himself until he was ready.

Despite this, he was almost glad when a call rose up for him near the borders - the voice, he recognised, and his pace picked up immediately in answer. What Valette required of him, he knew not, but the man appreciated having a reason to share words with her, rather than having to seek her out himself, for he had become somewhat of a procrastinator; in time, this trait would surely dissolve again.

Stepping out from the undergrowth he eyed the scene carefully - an unknown young man with a coat of slate stood near the alphess, and at first glance Mawk did not register the sight within his mind. He would not realise who this was, not until he spoke his name. "Valette." He greeted with a dip of his head, meeting her with a slight smile before gazing back toward the stranger in silent question.
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
It was not long after the call rose on the wind that a large, ruffled man stepped forth from the darkness. His coat was a pale gold, ears, paws, and tail tipped with black as though they had been dipped in ink - his eyes burned a fiery amber, and they flickered toward the traveller with silent questioning. It was understandable that he did not recognise Soltero, for the boy did not recognise him either; he only knew of him through stories woven by his mother's words, not the sole memory of their only encounter before, when he was just a babe.

"You are Mawk?" The deep voice pondered aloud, though he knew the answer before any reply could have been spoken. "I bear news... and a small request." His head dipped again, though eyes of apple green glittered in the light, for there was much to speak about, much to share between the two men. "My name is Soltero."
But the rain never came
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette didn't need to wait long before Mawk arrived. She watched as the young male at their border instantly introduced himself. "I will let you two talk. I will be close if you need me," Valette spoke. She would allow her pack mate some privacy. She dipped her head to the two of them and then retreated into the forest. She would keep an eye on them and if they needed her then she was only a short call away.

You can skip Valette from now on! If you tag me I will return!
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
lemme know if I'm not allowed to intrude!

After she had returned from her small trip, told Howl she wouldn't be with him, and fixed her relationship with Mawk as much as possible, her mind had begun healing itself slowly. She got flashes of memory, dreams that made her remember, or sometimes she just woke up knowing  stuff she didn't before. It was always accompanied by headaches and confusion, lapses in lucidity, and sometimes it made her snap and she went mad for a period of time. Those memories usually involved Lonzo...the Snake. Or Ares. Or watching Onyx be harmed and be unable to help. Due to this she stayed away from the pack, she even hid from Mawk for fear of hurting him for a while.

Recently something changed. She started leaving her den. She hunted, Patrolled, and sometimes even watched the pups of the bag and left them small gifts. She had begun to memorize faces and scents to know her home and most of all she craved Mawk. So when Valette called for him from the borders she grew curious. She slowly approached and watched from hiding as Valette left Mawk with a unknown young boy. She listened to the beginning of the conversation and then stepped out of hiding, one ear twitching nervously as she eyed the boy with curiosity and shyness before moving to Mawk's side. She offered a smile, not the usual warm one but a wavering nervous gesture of affection as if she feared he wouldn't welcome her. She did. Fear he would be cold that is, since she had once again hidden herself away from him for so long. "Mawk...who is this?" she asked softly before turning to give the boy a second, more polite smile and nod of her head. He was just a kid, he didn't seem nasty at all, plus she was sure Mawk could handle if he got out of control for any reason.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
My name is Soltero.

The man paused, feeling his heartbeat quicken. Soltero? The name, it rung a bell within his mind, tempted his thoughts - where had he heard that name before? With a sudden burst, a memory squeezed to the front of his head and Mawk's eyes widened, burning like the fires that leapt within. "Soltero?" He repeated, stunned by the sight before him. The boy was far larger than he had been when the Saefyn had seen him last, so tiny and curled up within his mother's embrace. He looked like her, he noted with a glimmer of sadness, coated in a pelt of slate grey and masked in white.

The approach of his mate distracted him for a moment, and his eyes settled on her with a gentle warmth, reaching forward his muzzle to touch his leathery nose to her cheek in greeting (with this new revelation, he did not notice the wavering in her gestures and resorted to the behaviours he had grown so used to). "...This is Soltero." He introduced the boy, now a man, but understood that perhaps she did not remember as Mawk did. "Skylaris' son. You remember Sky?" Then, baffled by a new enquiry, he turned to the traveller and uttered another question. "Skylaris... where is she?"
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Recognition seemed to flicker like the dance of a flame in the man's eyes, and Soltero's head dipped politely toward the alphess as she turned to depart. So, Mawk did know him. Another figure sidled up to him, nervous warmth in her demeanor - was this Illecebra, the mate of his 'uncle'? The smoky traveller eyed them both, deeming that they appeared at least to be friendly enough, though he could not put his trust in them so quickly; he knew only of them what his mother had told. "Yes. Hello, miss." He greeted her, squinting as he attempted to figure out how to address them correctly.

Then the conversation turned to the topic that Soltero had dreaded to discuss, feeling a deep sorrow and loneliness in his chest, stinging his heart so bitterly. The only one he had been able to trust, lost to the earth. "I'm afraid she has passed. She told me to seek you out, in her last words - at the very least, to greet you and announce the news. That, and to ensure we maintained good relationships. You are, after all, the only family I have left, whether by blood or not."
But the rain never came
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Her demeanor instantly relaxed when Mawk nuzzled into her cheek, a smile gracing her features. The name made her ears flick, a memory so faint it barely brushed the surface. Then when Sky was mentioned it rushed forward. The woman was from his old pack, the one he had left for her, Silver Creek. She had met her a couple of times, a energetic and spirited woman. She smiled more strongly, remembering having once seen the boy when he was just a baby. "I remember you both....You're so big now" she said warmly unable to help the motherly natured comment.

She let Mawk speak, asking of Skylaris and turned a curious look to soltero. Hadn't his mother lost a leg? It was amazing she decided to take off with him on her own. Then the boy gave his news and she felt a stab of grief, more for Mawk's sake then her own. He had loved that woman like she was his sister. She knew that. She pressed her fur into Mawk's side, turning her head and pressing her nose into the crook of his neck. She didn't speak, unsure how to comfort with words. Then she looked at Soltero and studied him, a strange feeling surging. The way he looked, his coloring, the facial mask. He could have been her son. Wouldn't Burr have been his age by now if not maybe a bit younger? Her breath caught and hitched before she managed to release it again  "I'm sorry. For your loss we've...also lost loved ones." she said gently, not mentioning exactly that all three of their only children had assumedly died. "Blood means little except genetics. Bonds make family...you and Mawk have some strong ones." she was so out of practice with the whole warm and loving thing the words came out weird and she quickly fell silent, looking at the ground awkwardly.