Ankyra Sound i am not your autumn moon, i am the night
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
rolled for prompt - which was instigate a fight.. spar time!!

a few times that morning caiaphas had passed by @eurycates and @Mwe during her patrols. both had left evidence of their vigilance everywhere - yet it set her teeth on edge to see fresh deposits of the cliff wolves bordering their claim.  no doubt they had discovered by now rusalka was heavily patrolled - particularly in the wake of rosalyn’s abduction. 

she turned back around, deciding then she would gather the two of them and put them to better use — with her own designs in mind caiaphas sought the two of them, and once she had their attention, spoke: show me how you fight.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
μολὼν λαβέ
27 Posts
Ooc — mercury
I will let you roll to decide whether or not this is a hit.

He relishes the opportunity to make himself useful. For so long, he has felt spurned by his family, who have become increasingly cautious over the years, much to his distaste. And then the Drageda wolves, who turned him away for no reason save pride, the fools. But Caiaphas and her family have welcomed him with open arms, embraced his ferocity and all that comes with it, and for that, he rejoices.
She finds him feverishly patrolling, feverishly marking, and asks him a question that gets his heart pounding. Eurycrates lifts his nose, looking down on her for a long moment. Her size makes her easy enough to steamroll, but he knows that there is much more to the coywolf than that. She is sly; she will see each and every move before it happens.
The titan must be quicker on his feet. He must think.
After a few beats of split-second calculations, he leaps toward her, jaws aimed at her foreleg--only to blow right past to seize a rear leg instead, which is (hopefully) unprepared for the surprise attack. Should he be successful, he will twist suddenly--but gently, so not to hurt her too badly--and sweep her off her paws.

- — — -
14 Posts
Ooc — m
lol lauren u trollin mwe

outcome of mwe's attack: partial success (link)
you can decide what partial success means!

The Sound was littered with signs of their claim, and yet he continued to patrol the borders, leaving his marks and keeping his eyes open. In the first days, Mwe naively believed the scent markers to belong to Rusalka alone, though now that he had met all of his pack, it was clear the Sound was beset by interlopers in the recent past. He was still somewhat ignorant of the politics of it all, not very invested in hunting down their rivals, but certainly interested in keeping their borders strong and his pack secure.

Thankfully, he had not run into any of the cliffside wolves as of yet— he wasn't sure what the outcome of such an encounter would be, and was reluctant to find out. It was during one of these patrol cycles that Caiaphas had found he and Eurycrates passing each others' routes and interrupted, calling for their attention. 

He approached dutifully but stiffened at her command, golden eyes sweeping to assess his rival in the same moment he braced for potential impact. They appeared to be equally matched, though the scars in Eurycrates' coat proved him to be a seasoned fighter. But rather than lunge toward Mwe, the other male set his sights upon their Alpha. A brief sense of relief washed over Mwe, but he glanced in Caiaphas' direction— though she would need to dodge Eury, he was certain she would be on the lookout for his own reaction.

So, eager to end a would-be scuffle before it could truly begin, Mwe rushed towards the other male's ribcage with all the speed and force he could muster— aiming to knock the wind squarely out of Eurycrates' lungs, with the goal of rendering him breathless and unable to continue.
I do not participate in private threads or take traditional thread requests.
If you'd like to roleplay with me, please create an AW thread and tag my character -- I will join if I'm able!
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
she watched the two of them carefully, a feral glint in her eyes that told well she lived for such hell-raising. 

eurycrates was the first to make his move, lumbering towards her with his head low. his design seemed to be a foreleg; caiaphas kept an ear on mwe as she rocked her weight back, attempting to pirouette away from eurycrates’ dozing teeth. 

only, he had fooled her — and went for hind limb instead. she felt the close of teeth around a hock, and her ears flattened as suddenly her leg was pulled taut. with her balance topped mid-rear, caiaphas was swept to the ground. 

mwe bounded in after, lunging for the male that had stolen caiaphas’ balance out from under her. still in the sand, caiaphas lunged playfully for a leg as mwe strode by, not unlike the waiting strike of a viper. 

shaking the sand from her pelt, the siren rose and dove hungrily back into the scuffle, this time aiming to drive into eurycrates hip, her teeth nipping any lower limb she could reach.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
μολὼν λαβέ
27 Posts
Ooc — mercury

It hadn't occurred to him that he was to attack the unknown male, not Caiaphas herself. Yet here he is, pitted against the siren queen with his packmate now besieging him, too. Eurycrates rarely dwells on mistakes; it is better to spend energy righting wrongs than mourning them. He takes advantage of the confusion and spins in the sand, leaping toward Mwe instead.
There is the sharp sting of Caiaphas's teeth in his flank, and he growls, resisting the impulse to turn his jaws on her. He lunges at the man's underside, trying to use his size to his advantage and bowl him over, as he had Caiaphas. Now it seemed as if Caiaphas was attacking both, and. . .
Eurycrates grins devilishly, caught between two warriors. What a way to spend an afternoon.

last from me here!