Chimera Fields isn't it bad, so quiet there, in the wood?
and i'm wondering who could be writing this song?
209 Posts
Ooc — mercury
All Welcome 
backdated to the 7th, right on the edge of the field bordering neverwinter

in his grief, he'd managed to defer the journey back home for a little bit; he needed to rest after his emotional outburst in front of ibis and okeanos the other day. besides, he liked the newness of this forest—it smelled quite fresh and was more shady than elysium. it was a change he welcomed, for the status quo had become mundane at best, nightmarish at its very worst.

but he missed the minnows. cam was starving. the caches he found were fairly stocked but they were full of rabbits and squirrels and larger chunks of meat he couldn't identify. . .and he couldn't stomach any of it. he wanted fish—cool, impersonal fish. all of the other items on the menu were friends, and friends didn't eat friends.

but his stomach growled as he sat in the field near the treeline, staring despondently down at a dead hare. not long dead; it was still warm, and cam swore he felt a faint stirring in its muscles, a last grasp at life. but its heart was silent, its eyes still and glassy. it was dead, and the boy was very hungry. 

why? why did he have to do it? just like mummy, the hare had ceased to be, and he couldn't fathom the thought of someone coming along and eating her.

what if her babies were out there looking for her, just as he sought lily in every shadow?

why couldn't he just find some fish instead?

why? why? why?!

frustrated beyond measure, cam retched and scrunched up his slender face, angrily sobbing as he fought both pangs of hunger and of loss.
139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Tagging Reiko for reference.

Chai had finally worked up the nerve to venture out and beyond the security of her territory. As much as she loved it there, she couldn't stay cooped up forever. She would never get over that last hint of lingering paranoia if she sat back and did nothing. She supposed a little scouting wouldn't hurt.

Though her interest in fishing was gradually going, she wanted to look into other areas as well. Plant life was of an interest to her, but she wasn't sure how good she'd actually be at identifying one species from another, much less knowing how to use them. So on a mission of self-education, she strayed away into a vast open field, practically teeming with wildflowers. Even if her attempts did not turn out to be what she had hoped, she could at least gather some random plants and bring them back. She knew that several wolves, especially @Reiko, was far more knowledgeable than she. Surely, she would appreciate the gesture.

Sighing, Chai tried to push away any negative thoughts. Like what she found was a useless clump of weeds. Or if what had been of value had been crushed too firmly between her teeth, or worse, ingested? She really had to stop this self-doubting, but it was so easier said than done. It was ingrained in her since early childhood, especially by her father and higher achieving siblings. Lost in her thoughts as she strolled through the flower dotted grasses, she didn't hear the pitiful sobbing until she spotted the black coat. He was just a youngster, out here all alone...except for the carcass of rabbit for company. Good natured as she is, Chai's heartstrings were tugged instantly. Issuing a soft whine, she gingerly stepped closer so as not to startle the child. "Little one...what's wrong? You're all alone..." She said softly, planting herself down to rest several feet away. Chai never had any experience with children, but she liked to think her caring nature would be quite beneficial.

taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Stretching out one leg...

Then the other... 

A lovely low bow for the forearms and back - the dainty woman gave every limb and vertebrae a cat-like stretch as she came out of the den. The smell of blossoms filling her nose as she slowly emerged from her den with soft steps. Seeing insects such as butterflies come and go, visiting each flower as well as bees to pollinate and be on their way was a sight to behold. But it was not enough. Reiko once again would venture out to add more to the garden to ensure its usefulness.

Swiftly she ran from Kaistleoki, once again training her body to run as far and as fast as possible. With all the training it had become easier, the distance longer without needing to stop to catch her breath. One scent in particular however had her slow down and take a better sniff... the sky woman from Kaistleoki was around. That was strange. The shy, quiet woman didn't strike as the type to leave packlands - but perhaps she was getting bolder!

Feeling a sense of pride for her packmate, Reiko went to follow her trail. To check up on her and maybe see if she could assist her packmate with whatever she was doing. The scent brought her to a field of beautiful flowers. What a coincidence! Cerulean eyes, illuminated by the bright light shone with all the colours she viewed, reflected in her crystal gaze; then finally her gaze fell on the woman she sought. Chai! 

Quickly she caught up to the woman, leaping and bounding in the field in long strides, bouncing as she flew over the flowers only to come to an immediate stop. A pup? Tilting her head, she approached slower... coming to Chai's side as she looked on at the pup. Lowering herself to the youngster's height, holding herself up with front legs, she spoke softly to the one who seemed to be weeping just moments ago - a rabbit's corpse at his toes. Is everything alright little cherub? Why the tears?

Only now do i realize Elysium's rank name for pups! Oops! Happy coincidence on Rei's end LOL it was meant to be just a petname
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

209 Posts
Ooc — mercury
for a brief moment, it was easy to pretend that the wolf coming toward him was seabreeze, and he took comfort in the notion. but she was darker than his babysitter, and the voice that escaped her muzzle was unfamiliar. his lips curled back to reveal a mouth full of mostly-adult teeth.

his wariness grew further when another wolf came, her tone similarly soft and (ugh!) pitying. cam drew the hare close to him, snarling, ears pinned back against his skull. didn't matter if he didn't eat the hare or not—even if he couldn't stomach it, he didn't want anyone else to have it.

not alone, he retorted, verdant eyes flashing toward the evergreens before returning to the women, darting between the two of them. who're you? what'd'you want? if they were just here to coo over him and try to cuddle him, like okeanos and ibis had, then they should save their breath.

the only hug he wanted was from mummy, and mummy would never hug him again.
139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Popping her head up, Chai glanced back towards the sound of a familiar voice. Reiko! She really hadn't gotten to know the white female, but she certainly was one of the more social members in Kaisteloki. Her appearance was unexpected, but most welcomed. She smiled amicably towards her while her head was still turned away from the black pup. "Hey...didn't expect to see you!"

The moment she turned back to gaze upon Cam again, her bright expression dropped. Well shit. He was all snarls and teeth, hovering over the rabbit defensively. And with all the friendliness of a rattlesnake to boot. Her ears pinned back tight to her head. She sighed. This is what she gets for trying to be a good citizen, reaching out. It was like being knocked down a peg, as was all too common, back home again. But she couldn't...wouldn't blame him. He was obviously distressed, for some reason or another.

This was why she was truly thankful Reiko had in fact, found her. She wouldn't have known what to do with the boy. "My mistake. I only assumed cause I saw no one with you." She offered in a voice that was slightly apologetic. "I was only concerned because I heard you crying." She kept it simple. "I'm Chai...and this is Reiko." She scooted back, taking the approach of giving him his space, since he did not want to be coddled.

taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Me neither! Pleased, she was so happy to see that Chai was glad to see her and that the botanist was not, in fact, intruding on something personal. I came to look for more plants to add to the garden. She quickly explained, before turning her attention back to the young, dark male.

He was all teeth and growls. Protective over his only chewed up rabbit. Flopping onto her belly, Reiko looked up at him from under her brows - she wasn't too close to him, just close enough to have a regular conversation, to keep an eye on each other. Clearly, she was uninterested in his prey, mostly just in him. Mind me asking who's with you? Are they teaching you how to hunt?

The first rule of a pup in her homeland - never tell a stranger that you were indeed alone. Lie, tell anyone that there was an adult nearby. The pup was taught well, she smiled at the thought. As Chai introduced them both, Reiko's tail began to tap lightly against the ground behind her, harder as her name was announced. Well nothing really, I was curious as to what my friend here was investigating. Now I can see. You're skilled. More skilled than I am at hunting. Look at me! Skin and bones.

Her expression shifted for a moment, shocked, surprised maybe as if she regretted her chosen words - quickly her expression softened again as she explained further. But don't worry, I'm not hungry. She winked playfully.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

209 Posts
Ooc — mercury
they reacted much differently to his wariness, which intrigued him. the first woman wilted, looking shy and withdrawn, while the second grew more talkative still. cam identified more with the first (perhaps due to the short name?) and kept his eyes trained on her, though the word 'hungry' caught his attention. 

i'm hungry, he retorted, staring at the woman named reiko with a baleful gaze. he prodded the hare, pouting. i want fish.

nice of her to assume she'd hunted it himself. he didn't answer any of the other questions posed, preoccupied as he was with the quiet rumbling of his stomach.