Hushed Willows no living man am i! — you look upon a woman
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
All Welcome 
Aurëwen was quite loathe to leave her children in the shadow of Diaspora, but she knew that their gregarious uncle would keep both eyes on them in her stead. With a sprig of remedies on her tongue and a farewell to the Falls — only for a little while, she swore — the silver trekked northbound, hastened through the herbary-cache, and felt the willows before she saw them over the peaceable rises.

Just once, she wanted to introduce balaur and belea to these weeping trees ...but then, Drago might sniff at roots for anything inside from sunrise to sunset; and Isi might tear the delicate fronds to ribbons. So, maybe their bringing would be to bring havoc to Elysium, after all — and yet, it would be another piece of world to explore.

Something other than that blasted Lake they'd all been cooped up about.

Nevertheless, the day was airy and bright, and at the present moment Aure only wished to invite in scarred smiles for today. So, setting her own gifts aside, she soon sent up a wisping call for whoever would receive her. @Lily, perhaps?
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
aeryn usually didn’t stray away from the den. the world was daunting without a family member by his side. but they seemed to be disappearing one at a time. first it was minnow and now papa was gone too. they were out there somewhere, all alone. he couldn’t allow it. if no one else was going to find them, he’d do it himself!

but as always, the fiery passion was smothered once he stepped outside again. the boy tip-toed through the territory with his tail between his legs and his ears flat on his skull. not exactly the image of a noble hero.

aeryn went a little farther from the den then he usually did today. an ominous noise shook the leaves and he immediately fell to the ground. it was so close. was it too late to run away? well maybe, because when he peaked from behind the shrubbery he spotted a mysterious woman mere feet away. he did not approach, nor did he run. he just stood there with wide eyes.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The familiar call of Aure brought her out of the day's melancholy; a smile lit her face as she went to greet the pale she-wolf. When she arrived, she found that the woman had already been greeted—by Aeryn, her. . .nephew by marriage, she supposed! Lily gave a gentle chuff to the dark young man. He reminded her of Cam, both of similar pelt and lost in their own little worlds.

Hallo, Aure, she said warmly. She bent her muzzle to lick the top of Aeryn's head, smoothing the ruffled, wispy fur between his ears. This is Aure, Aeryn. She lives in the. . .mountains, right? she asked, eyes flashing back up to the woman, seeking confirmation. She thought that she had heard that Aure was no longer in Drageda, but she couldn't remember who had given her that particular bit of information.

Aure, this is Aeryn, one of Sunny and Aliac's litter, Lily explained, grinning. How are you? What brings you here?
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Company came in the form of a male whelp, which her eyes registered with several blinks of indeed, a baby! Bună, iubit,” the silver crooned, kneeling to level eyes to this little boy of the willows. Her pale knees hadn’t even touched grass before Lily herself entered, and the optio rose once more; met the smile with a beguiled one of her own. ”I almost thought my little boy followed me here,” she trilled, shook her head, ”But I see this blackberry is not from my patch, no?”

At the mention of mountains, though, Aurëwen quieted and met the pumpkin eyes. ”For now, yes,” came the affirmation. In truth, time spent at Diaspora made her wane, but for the moment she cast those tidings  ( or how she was doing )  aside in favor of presenting what she’d brought.

”I thought of repaying Elysium, I suppose, for that entourage sent to Diaspora,” the pale mother mock-admonished, though fondly, humbly. ”It isn’t as much as what Olive and ze storyteller brought along, but...” But, she hoped it would be portioned off to some of the mothers and their babes nonetheless. A slew of rabbit-foot; a pair of doe’s ears; a bursting bouquet of herbs and cloying flora, either for would-be remedies or merely incense.

Feeling a bit ridiculous at this meager gift, her tail feathered and curled between her hocks. Since departing from the Falls, her breath came more easier in her breast than it’d had in quite a while; and she’d wanted to give something back for Lily’s hospitality and for Olive’s services. ”I’m sure ze sanctuary’s children will have chewed through them in no time,” an attempt at jest, but her voice cracked, oh God—
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She let out a little excited gasp at seeing the gifts Aure had brought, and nosed through it all, gently exploring. How wonderful! Lily chirped, tail beating fast behind her. Thank you, Aure—so very kind of you. Repayment was never necessary. . .but we do appreciate it. She'd have to divvy up the contents between wolves that would find use for the various things. The herbs to Olive, of course. . .

How are your children? she asked, straightening once more to shoot her friend a warm stare. They must be growing like mad; I know mine are. . .and driving me mad, too. They wouldn't be much younger than her own, right? They had been pregnant around the same period of time, she remembered.

And she hadn't missed the emotion present in Aure's voice, and wondered what that was about. Perhaps, though, the woman would disclose further as they eased into the conversation. For now, Lily wouldn't pry.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
shortened for times sake oof

Repayment hadn’t been necessary? Aure bobbed her pale crown, humbly receiving the gratitude. But she wanted to say, “Nonsense. You went out of your way to gift us, it’s ze least I could do to show my thanks.” Instead, though, a smile gleamed as Lily pained about her children, and then asked after the herbalists’ own brood. ”I am exhausted to no end,” the Rhaesuian sighed, a rueful touch to her lips, “but glad of it. Dragomir hunts his bugs, and Isilmë hunts him.” My little moon, chasing her own night, it seems.

“In time, I’d like to train them — sparring, that is. I do not have much experience, aside from ankle-biting, but I am sure my brother will help,” she hummed, “or, my good friend Reina. Well. I’ve never seen her fight, but she carries herself in a very... composed way,”Just like her uncle “so I am certain she would be a well-meaning mentor.”

With a few blinks, she eventually returned to herself (another mindless rambling), and brought her attention back to Lily. ”Forgive me; I do not mean to be so self-absorbed. Have your own children taken to their own devices, too?” nor would she presume to hinder this time for the Satori, too—
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Lily leaned into the tales of Dragomir and Isilmë, grinning and nodding altogether. Aure's apology caught her very much off-guard; she shook her head with great emphasis, fixing her fiery stare—more a hearth than a wildfire—on her friend.

You're not self-absorbed, Aure, she insisted. I did ask you about your children, after all—it only makes sense that you would speak of them at length. She knew that if prompted, she would do the same. And, oh! It appeared as though she had been prompted!

Quite, Lily remarked, rolling her eyes. Lana never shuts up, Ziggy is a terror, and Cam. . .Cam lives in his own little world. Certainly not this world. Where had he gotten that from? She had always been somewhat spacey, sure, but not to the extent that her son exhibited. But I love them, of course. Wonderful pups.

She cocked her head. How is everyone in Diaspora?
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Pale ears flickered on the downy bedding of her ruff at Lily’s consultations, the pumpkin eyes putting the earnest words to shame with their own generosity. The herbalist gave a tiny, meager nod, acquiescing, before refocusing on the talk of the Satori’s own children.

Three — there’d been a time when Aure had hoped for three. What would have it been like, to have made a third child? Would that pup have taken after its brother or sister, or either of the parents? None at all? Or would it have been a terror, a chatter, or a dreamer, as Lily’s own babes were? Unless she were able ever have a third, or more... Aure wouldn’t know. Someday, perhaps.

Then the willow-warden queried after Diaspora, and Aure gave hesitation for thought. “Well... it has been rather quiet, I believe. What with ze leaders being so busy, and all of ze babies that need looking after.” Her smile was a quiet one, “I was actually visiting my friend, and her little girl, before coming here. An only child... it must be a dream.” A hoarse little laugh.

Had the silver known this would be the last time she’d ever see Lily again, she might’ve said what she was truly feeling. But Aurëwen was nothing if not altruistic; so when the time came to wish the willow-woman well, she did, and only departed after giving Aeryn a faint, warm smile.