Neverwinter Forest And they welcome everyone to stay
The offer surprises him, and he finds himself pausing again, putting some thought into his answer. Firestorm needs freedom, He says first, thinking back to the conversation they'd had a week ago under the gentle snowfall. He likes traveling, so he can't be here all the time. But he's good at fighting, and really strong, so he can protect the pack when he is here.
Phillip needs... sometimes I think he needs to be protected from everything. He can't help defend the pack. I can, though, Another idea occurs to him, then. Mal might be fair, and his members might be good people — but that isn't a promise for the future. If anyone can just walk up and join like Zephyr is now, the future of the pack is surely doomed. He dislikes the idea of being led into a trap, even if it isn't on purpose — but he also dislikes the only option that occurs to him. He can only truly trust his own judgment (and even then, shakily), but that means little if his judgment doesn't matter to Mal. The thought of demanding it makes him feel a little nauseous, unsure as he is, but he knows he has to be sure for his friends. He has to make sure this place is safe. And he's at least certain that the worst Mal can do is say no.
And I want to be your Gamma, He decides, recalling Maman's role at Swiftcurrent Creek. She hadn't been a leader, but she'd been respected; her opinion had been respected. I want to help you with the pack, help keep everyone safe. I'll earn the rank. My Maman was a Gamma, so I know how. I'll be at the borders every day, and I'll check on everyone too. I'll take orders from you, but not anyone else — and if something happens to you, I could protect everyone. I can fight — not as well as Firestorm, but he's teaching me. He's pretty sure this is the hardest he's ever tried to convince anyone of anything, and he isn't sure he likes the feeling it inspires. But he hopes it works. The idea of having some small piece of control over his life, over his environment and his friends' safety, almost scares him; he wants it far, far too much.
common || « french »
Messages In This Thread
And they welcome everyone to stay - by Mal - January 04, 2020, 01:02 PM
RE: They say it’s a free land - by Zephyr - January 04, 2020, 01:45 PM
RE: They say it’s a free land - by Mal - January 04, 2020, 02:26 PM
RE: And they welcome everyone to stay - by Zephyr - January 04, 2020, 07:55 PM
RE: And they welcome everyone to stay - by Mal - January 04, 2020, 08:29 PM
RE: And they welcome everyone to stay - by Zephyr - January 09, 2020, 12:43 AM
RE: And they welcome everyone to stay - by Mal - January 09, 2020, 12:35 PM
RE: And they welcome everyone to stay - by Zephyr - January 25, 2020, 08:35 PM
RE: And they welcome everyone to stay - by Mal - January 25, 2020, 09:02 PM
RE: And they welcome everyone to stay - by Zephyr - January 30, 2020, 10:25 PM