Sleepy Fox Hollow And to know me as hardly golden is to know me all wrong
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She didn't miss the defensiveness in his tone as he spoke of loving Stag. Could he blame her for feeling the way she did, though? Could he blame her for not trusting in his love? But deep down, she must trust in it somewhat, or she wouldn't just leave her son here. Even with him on the cusp of adulthood, she would have dragged him with her, kicking and screaming if she didn't think he would be safe here. 

He assured her that she would always be welcome here. Again, she wasn't sure what to say. She wanted to feel like this was still her home, but she just couldn't. She hurt too much to feel that way anymore. And she needed a purpose in life; it was clear to her that she wouldn't find it here. She was silent, her expression still blank as she fought to keep her dignity. She wouldn't break here in front of him. She drew in a deep breath and released it. Bye Mahler, she forced out. The words were far more painful than she thought they would be. They squeezed her heart so much that she felt her control falter and the pain flashed across her face. She turned and trotted away before he saw anything else, never looking back and never pausing until she was miles away and sure she was completely alone. 

<3
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
RE: And to know me as hardly golden is to know me all wrong - by Takiyok - April 07, 2020, 05:09 PM