lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Private 
@Evergreen backdated to the 24th after this thread messy starter :(

As each day passed the nagging feeling within the Count only grew stronger. Originally she thought that she might be able to put what happened in the past and continue on as nothing happened. After all, she had always been good at locking away her emotions. Now that ability seemed to elude her... the only option left was to handle this situation she had dug herself into. Ira traveled towards the river hoping to find bearish knight in his ideal fishing habitat.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
And there she found him, yet not fishing as the bear ought to be. He slumps at the water’s edge—sitting with mismatched green eyes staring off into space. A large part of him wishes they could go back in time, twist things around so it’s just him and Thistle, on Easthollow’s borders, Eve terrified of the aspect that Valette and Greyback are cannibals.
He turns at the sound of her approach, but doesn’t expect it to be Ira at first. Could be anyone in the pack, after all, he reasons that she’s got every right to avoid him right now. So when he realizes it is her, his jaw tightens, eyes zooming into focus and round ears airplaning out—a kicked puppy.
Hi.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Luck came her way as the bearish man came into view, but the look she recieved made her look away. Hey. There were a lot of things she could say, infact she had made a mental list for when this moment came but now...she found it hard to find where to start. Listen, I was hoping we could talk? About the other day...I just want to clear the water.It was as good of a start as any, she just had to hope he was willing to hear her out now.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Eve spirals with a whirlwind of thoughts; eventually, it settles on the fact Ira knows him well enough by now he doubts she’d mistake him for another one in the pack—they don’t quite look like him either. Maybe Emrik a tiny bit if you squint and shrink and change some things but!
He takes in a deep breath, shifting his head back the direction of the river—she could join him, if she wanted. Uhm, yeah… yeah, of course.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
So far so good, hopefully it stayed like that. Letting out a breath the Count was not aware she was holding, Ira moved closer to sit by the river. I shouldn't have said what I did, especially infront of Winterbourne... It's hard for me to accept, but I am happy for you. Out of everyone Evergreen deserved a slice of happiness after everything he's given, always looking after everyone else. If that came from Winterbourne than she had no right to intervine.

I'm not too sure what to say. I don't find myself in conversations like this often but...I-I'm sorry for how I reacted. Even under the circumstances it wasn't appropriate. You shouldn't feel guilty to be in your relationship.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
It’s— he cuts himself off from interrupting further, shifting his large paws along the sandy bank of the river as he quietly takes in Ira’s apology. Unexpected, to say the least, but the bear feels himself able to relax—relieved that despite everything, Ira doesn’t seem to hate him.
I… I appreciate it, and if… if I’d been bottling up something like that for so long and asked that by someone I uh, yeah, I wouldn’t… I wouldn’t react well to it either. I think Winterbourne and I are going to be okay, so don’t worry—it might have helped some insecurities we both had actually. Made us talk. He gives a weak chuckle, but the smile stays.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It seemed neither of the pair held her actions against her, or at least it sounded like they didn't. She didn't understand how she had helped them, but the roan woman was happy to hear she didn't ruin their relationship. The memory would forever be engrained into her mind as one of the most embarassing things she's done, but at the very least it did not seem to ruin her life. It still hurt, but...well there was no fixing that. Ira would just keep reminding herself to be happy for him.

I wasn't expecting that, but I am glad.There was a short pause as the Count tapped a paw against the earth, I still stand by what I said...about the pups— I've been doing some more thinking. I'm getting older and relationships aren't really for me so...it might be my only chance.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
He almost pokes fun at the fact he wasn’t expecting this either, but he thinks it might be too soon—the wounds sore and far from healed. Eve manages to resist, sometimes he thinks of others in time.
Yet he is shocked to have Ira’s offer still on the table. It doesn’t… quite feel right in ways, mostly because he doesn’t want to hurt her, and she deserves to be happy with someone too.
Uh… are… are you sure? He’s positive she would have other choices, too, maybe— but if she wants to, who is he to argue with her about her feelings? Are… are you okay if I call him here? So we can all talk.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Yes, I'm sure. She pondered over the second question for a moment, but the answer was obvious. This involved him too, it was only right. I don't mind, he should be involved. She didn't have much else to tend to for the day so this conversation might as well happen now amongst other things.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Eve nods. With that settled, all he could do now is call for @Winterbourne. He isn’t certain how he’d react to the situation, but he thinks they all deserve to be heard out right now to find a proper solution for this all. Be it moving forward and doing their best, or backing out now.
207 Posts
Ooc —
Being without Evergreen makes him anxious lately — too anxious, though he'd never admit it. He's learned the hard way that old habits die hard, finding this new spike of anxiety has led him back to chewing incessantly at his forelegs. It's still too early for the damage to really show, but already they're raw and often burning and itching. He feels guilty every time he does it, but that doesn't stop him.
In fact, he's in the middle of doing exactly that when the call reaches him. He stops abruptly, ears pinning back for a moment, then rises to answer the call. It doesn't take very long; despite his best efforts to avoid being clingy, he still lingers near Evergreen without meaning to more often than not. When he spots Ira, his heart sinks a little, but he does his best to keep it from showing as he approaches. Um, hey. What's up?
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It wouldn't take long for the bear's partner to arrive. She didn't think twice when he moved close to Evergreen and right now she was happy to be a small distance away. We were discussing the pups you two wanted. It's only right that you are here too. She was unaware of the anxieties that still bore into the greyscale male, perhaps Evergreen too, but she could take a guess that there was still the awkward tension with her presence. Hopefully keeping things straight to the point would avoid another incident.
207 Posts
Ooc —
Evergreen is uncharacteristically quiet, he notices, and immediately that sets him on edge. But then Ira answers — and it isn't at all what he'd expected. He meets her gaze briefly as she speaks, but finds his eyes drawn back to Evergreen quickly. He leans in to give him a quick kiss on the cheek, feeling relaxed enough to do so now that he knows nothing is wrong.
Discuss them? Does that mean you want to...? The question is directed at Ira first, but his gaze flits to Evergreen as he trails off, questioning. They haven't had a chance to talk about it alone yet, and he finds himself wishing they had now. Knowing where they both stand might have helped here, but he'd considered the whole thing lost, and hasn't given any more thought to the possibility himself. Now he isn't sure what to think.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Winterbourne meets her gaze and seems to take to the discussion, although Evergreen had fallen silent. Did he regret his choice now? It wasn't too late yet, although she had gotten used to the idea of pups now. I've thought it over, yes. For my own reasons that is, not out of guilt. As I explained to Evergreen it may be my only chance to have some.There was no need to go into the details why, she didn't want to choose the wrong words and create another issue.
207 Posts
Ooc —
He pauses for a moment, expression thoughtful as he considers Ira's words. He still wants a family with Evergreen, of course — and he knows now that his heart belongs to him, not anyone else. If Ira truly wants to go through with it, Winterbourne can't see any problems with the situation. Except...
Is that still what you want, too? His focus turns fully to his mate. He does his best to be gentle and open with the question, not wanting to pressure Evergreen, but he can't quite keep the glimmer of hope out of his expression.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Back and forth the duo talk, Ira catching Winterbourne up on what has already been discussed with Evergreen. So far, it is okay. There is no immediate rejection, nor any talk of distaste—just… an easy going conversation with a lot of weight on the line.
Then the spotlight shifts. It’s on him completely. Does he want this?
Evergreen blinks, a touch taken back. His jaw opens and closes, hanging in the moment as he tries to think things over. Overthinking has plagued him, as it often does. By now, he’s come to accept that he doesn’t know if he’d make an alright parent—that he probably won’t.
If that is what you both want. He concludes.