Redsand Canyon I don't know why
Tha gràin agam air an t-saoghal
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
Derg had quickly returned home ahead of the others.
It was getting late now, what was going to be a present day trip or two had now turned into almost certain war.

"@Donovan ," he called out, quickly drawing up on the man, obviously doing a border patrol.
He was glad he didn't have to go far.

"We ran into someone who didn't like us much, the Court or whatever."
He didn't catch their full title, and Donovan may not know either.
"There be a pack in a valley along the range, probably unfriendly too. Another in some forest on the north-east side of the range. Attacked Riley."

He panted now, gathering his breath and salivating his dry mouth.
He looked to the man, waiting for his likely calculated reponse.
|  •  •  |
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan stands there minding his damn business. Something he doesn’t usually do. When Derg runs up to him, winded and panting. A certain look to him gives Donovan the impression that something could be very wrong. He faces the coffee furred male with a concerned, questionable gaze. 

He takes in what he offers as important information. Riley, another new member of the pack, though not so new to Donovan. He’s been attacked by one of the nearby packs. Obviously not good news. He needs to figure where and why before he comes to a solid solution. 

“Where is he now?” He asks calmly. “And where was he when he got attacked?”
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
He swallowed, licking his lips.
He'd had his moment to compose himself, and he really needed to get back into shape.

Where.
"North, across the range on the east side of the vale."
He took another shuddering breath.
"He's with Renard. At the big mountain."

He didn't know what the brindle man would do, but it better be good.
They couldn't let this go, Riley was only a dumb kid (as far ad Derg was concerned).
|  •  •  |
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He contemplates for a moment and shakes his head. Eyes thoughtful as he gazes just past Derg’s shoulder. He begins walking in that direction. “Are they still there? If so, show me. I will have a talk with this pack as soon as I see his condition.” 

The decision is simple. Find out what happened, hey he got attacked, and try and fix it. If it can’t be fixed the they have yet another enemy. Donovan isn’t like Yuèlóng though. If the reason is good enough to give the male a good beating then perhaps he’ll see what deal he can make with them.
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
He wished he could snap up some water, but alas, there wasn't the time.
He could later.
"Yeah, hopefully, they're still on the right path."

He hoped they hadn't been found by the pack in the vale.
"I don't know what happened exactly, I was finding it hard to listen to those details. He'll tell you anyway."
He realised he could really follow Donovan right now. He took a sensible approach to this. Calm, assessing. Not launching straight into a complicated, messy, war.

|  •  •  |
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He acknowledges what Derg says with a low hum. He’s walking briskly and eventually he’ll speed up into a fair jog. However to get there faster and see what Riley’s condition is.

Donovan nods his head to the tawny male beside him. “Lead me to them, Derg. Let’s get this shit over with. I’m itching to talk to their leader.” He says in a near growl, malicious smile contorting his maw.
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
Derg nodded.
Yes, this was happening.
Yes, this would be solved.

He quickly trotted to keep up and move slightly ahead of Donovan, shifting into a lope to speed them up.
Derg could take it, he was a swift messenger, and his light feet could make easy work of this landscape.
He kept pace with the man, not wanting to be seperated now.

"I met a woman, Orlaith, who said she was from a court," he continued It was important.
"She turned aggressive when I mentioned I was a Saint, and I tried to show her I wasn't interested in fighting, but I wasn't about to let her shit on me."
He would think Donovan would respect that. He wouldn't stand for it himself.
|  •  •  |
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He glances over as they speed towards their destination and shakes his head. “I wouldn’t either. I guess we’ll have to see how this meeting goes. I doubt it will be peaceful and I can almost guarantee we will only leave as enemies.”

These are his only words he has to say on the matter. The sheer fact that Donovan is even trying to make peace with them is out of character, yet he strives to be at least more reasonable than his father. Even then, if the court wants an enemy of them then so be it.