Stone Circle little einstens
201 Posts
Ooc —
@Charles backdated!

Leta stood by her massive pile of sticks that she had accrued, grinning down at them. Some were still buried for Charles to find, but she took from the pile the biggest of them. The brunette would be going on a journey, and did not know for how long it might be. Part of here wanted to invite Charles along... but she knew that every wolf counted here at Easthollow. But maybe... Howling for him, Leta began to chew at her personal favorite while she waited.
416 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Charles wasn't very used to being howled for. At first he thought it might be another meeting, but then he realised it was just for him. He didn't remember anyone ever howling just for him, except maybe his mother when he was little; but that was more a vague memory than something he actively thought of as a possibility, now. Is that for me? he asked his mother, and she snarled at him and snapped her teeth shut close to his nose. She was in a bad mood, he supposed. He knew he shouldn't ask dumb questions, but he couldn't help himself. Charles lingered a bit longer as he tried to decide whether to stay around for punishment or go find Leta while a growl bubbled up in his mother's throat, and when she lunged forward to snap at his nose Charles turned around and swiftly ran off. He felt her teeth clip against his haunch as he turned around.

When he arrived Charles pressed forward his large ears and looked at Leta, who seemed to be having a rather big stick. Did she want to go on stick finding adventure again? 'Sup Leets. Charles didn't mind spending time with Leta, who was his only friend anyway.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Leets. It was a sweet nickname, and the first time he'd ever called her it. Charlie, she rejoined fondly with a little grin. Of course it's for you. In fact, she stood now, turning to stand alongside him, this whole place, its to be yours now. I am going to need you to protect it and look after it for me, while I'm gone, she looked to him and continued with, Charleets stick haven. It must be protected, she declared with a little wave of her tail. I uhm. I wanted to see if you'd... come with me. For the trip, she murmured, not thinking to take him away from his own family. But, well, he was her friend. Charlie had always did his best to make her happy (even when, on accident, he made her feel a little less so).
416 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Charlie — it sounded so soft and caring, much unlike anything Charles had heard anyone call him. Where his nickname for her was kinda cool and ghetto, 'Charlie' made him sound like some sorta gentleman. Kinda funny to think about.

The stick was for him, apparently, and he blinked as she said that everything would be his. While she was gone? Charles' tail drooped, though he didn't consciously realise that he was doing that. You're gonna be gone? Even 'Charleets stick haven' -- which he did suppose was a pretty cool name -- didn't cheer him right back up. Well, he supposed it depended on how long she'd be gone.

Then she asked him if he wanted to come with, and his large ears perked up. Yes! he said, a little too quick. Regaining his cool, he added some questions to pretend like he wasn't sure yet: Where are you going? How long will it be? The thought of leaving Easthollow was actually something that he hadn't really thought of seriously before, but now that it was posed he suddenly felt very strongly and positively for it -- he would love to get away from his snappy mother and he didn't have any other friends except for Leta, anyway.
201 Posts
Ooc —
It was easy to see he was upset by her information shared to start, and Leta felt her heart sink. It was now that she realized, for the first time, her actions could hurt others. Her ears flattened against her head, and her own excitement seemed to dim within her. It did not really occur to her that her leaving would make her friend sad, and she hated to have caused the feeling that made him react the way that he did. Fortunately, her idea saved the day... he seemed to perk right back up. 

At that, her ears lifted again. Smiling at his immediate acceptance (which was hardly quick enough, if you asked Leta), she bounced toward him. Oh! Really? She chirped, tail stirring behind her. Having her friend with her along the way would make it much more exciting and pleasant, she felt. I'm going to Moonspear! And... I... I plan on staying there, joining. For a while. Becoming a part of the pack, and learning from them, helping them. You don't need to do all that, or stay for as long, if you don't want to, she added, They're our allies, and with the trouble we've been having... I think it would be good to get closer to them. Maybe they can help, I don't know... but if not, I at least can learn from them,. she thought aloud. She didn't assume that Charles wanted the same thing as that, but if he did she imagined he could. Leta was too young to understand much about logistics.
416 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Yeah, Charles said. He realised he had been a little bit too excited too quick, and added casually: I mean, someone's gotta make sure you don't trip over your own face, right? After he said it Charles kinda regretted being sorta mean to Leta, but he felt that he'd only push her away if he just followed her like a lost puppy.

She was going to a place called Moonspear, and said that she was staying there for a while. He wasn't sure how long 'a while' was, but he figured it would just be a stay that they'd do together for a little while. Becoming part of another pack was a totally foreign idea to Charles and he had never before even considered that was an option. You can do that? he asked about joining another pack, blinking in surprise. Leta hoped getting closer to them would make them help Easthollow with the trouble they'd be having. Maybe it would; who knew. For Charles, a world of strife was simply the way the world was. Removing that strife from life was such a foreign concept for him that he did not really understand it.

He concluded: Well, don't worry Leets, I'll make sure you don't get lost or get your face eaten off. With a cheeky, playful grin.