Big Salmon Lake food of the gods
the dragon and her fire
162 Posts
Ooc — Leigh
Private 
Forward dated to the 18th. @Ira

Leigh hadn't intentionally followed the two leaders of the Saints, but it seemed she had. Ever since the execution, the truth of the death of her family, and the conversation with Kynareth, the woman was desperate to get away. Although she found it painful to even consider the idea of leaving her pack, leaving another home behind for the third time, she needed fresh air. She needed to meet new faces, to see the rest of the world.

She left the territory shortly after Kynareth and Derg left to go on their own trip. The dark-furred wolf had simply wandered, explored, but it seemed that she couldn't get away from the tiger-wolf no matter how hard she tried. They never crossed paths during the journey, thank goodness, and Leigh had still ended up elsewhere, but they were headed in a similar direction and she only hoped she wouldn't have to confront the alphas and explain herself. That would be a mess.

Legs aching and throbbing from the long walk, the woman dragged herself towards a nearby lake to rest. She wasn't a fan of water, no one would be after being told by your family that drowning would be the end, but the body of water was small and shallow enough to keep her nerves at ease.

Coming to a halt and quickly taking a seat, she shifted her front paws, giving each a rest for a few seconds before switching. Glancing towards the water, she was tempted to reach down and take a sip. But an unreasonable part of her was too worried something deep beneath the surface would rise up, grab on and pull her down. The lake was unfamiliar, and the she-wolf wasn't in the mood to risk it. She didn't feel like dying today.

With a light sigh, she opted to simply sit and relax for a moment. Leigh was still unsure where exactly she was headed. But for now, her only goal was to rid her mind of the stress from home.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
big vague since we have no idea what happens at Moonspear

The Count finally had her business taken care of, no matter how many bumps and patches she came across during the journey, it was done, or at least for now. There were still so many mixed emotions running through the roan woman's mind, from accidentally encountering the Saints, to the war now on her doorstep, but what was most important was solidifying Kaistleoki's allies. Luckily, she had done just that. No matter what chaos plagued her future, she was sure she and her people would come out alright with the strength they now wielded.

A light weariness took hold of her bones. It had been days of constant travel up until now, and it would be several more days until she could finally rest in the comfort of her den. No vacation awaited her upon her return, but another problem that would require her attention. The bear...she could only hope that Hieronymous dealt with the search party and briefed Speedy on what information they had gathered from Orlaith... and then there was Orlaith...

Ira couldn't help but sigh knowing some form of punishment would be required. The knight commander had disobeyed not just their healer's orders, but her own. She was needed by home, at the borders at most while she was away, yet she had found the bright idea of wandering days away from their claim. She put not just herself at risk, but the whole pack. All the noise was growing into a headache. Winter hadn't even struck yet, but it seemed their paws would be full of action.

Making her trek back from the mountains, Ira caught sight of the wide-spreading pond she had reached two days prior. The river that stemmed from its base led to the edges of her territory, and though she couldn't see the claim it was comforting to see a part of home, even from so far away. The Count neared, moving to the water's edge where she could easily lap when gold eyes settled on another. Like the other day, another woman lounged near. Perhaps this was a popular location for travelers being a rather large water source.

Ira finished her drink before paying any more mind to the other who laid in the distance. Her tongue slipped out, wiping the water from her chin before offering a chuff. A simple greeting as she walked. Ira had hoped to rest here for the rest of the day just as she had last time, though as she had to before, it seemed she would need to see if that option was even viable with the other wolf laying freely at the pond before her. If she had to, a few hours of travel could still be afforded before the sun dipped below the horizon.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
the dragon and her fire
162 Posts
Ooc — Leigh
It was nice to finally have a quiet moment to herself. As much as Leigh enjoyed the company of others, especially now during a time where comfort was very much appreciated, every once in a while some silence was perfect.

Releasing a content sigh, the woman hadn't yet noticed the other figure approaching. With her gaze pointed downwards towards the water, she was unable to catch the sight of an unfamiliar gray pelt coming to rest beside the lake as well.

There was much to reflect on. The she-wolf hadn't left home with the intention of leaving for good. But a small part of her was tempted to continue on this journey and find a new home, somewhere else besides the Saints. But that dream was swiftly squashed as she thought of the friendly faces that had helped her thus far. Perhaps some exploring would be good, maybe it'd finally help her understand this world. As soon as she arrived to Teekons her attention had been caught up with Kynareth. Now, he wasn't around, and this was the best opportunity to turn her focus elsewhere.

Only then did Leigh grow tired of her own thoughts and lift her head to look onwards. Here, her sight was finally occupied by the other shadow, not too far away along the lake. It seemed this shadow noticed Leigh as well, and the she-wolf decided it was best to act friendly. Offering a kind smile as a greeting, she remained seated, and although her eyes were round and kind they studied the other wolf with care.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The other woman said nothing, only staring to acknowledge her greeting with a smile on her maw, light as it may, surely her silence meant she too was warry of her presence. Ira did not outwardly smile back, as she was never one to paint her emotions so plainly, though her features were light enough to show she held no ill will towards the stranger.

Ira moved closer, only stopping once she was around a yard away from the sitting woman. She didn't seem to carry the scent of other wolves, so unless she had been gone for quite some time, it seemed that she may be a lone wolf. I trust there is no issue with my presence? She wasn't sure if the other would be talkative or not, though she would have no complaints if she simply wanted to be left alone. For now, the Count found it best to get straight to the point and see if her company may be welcomed, or if she would be stuck traveling for a while longer.
the dragon and her fire
162 Posts
Ooc — Leigh
The stranger moved closer, and yet Leigh did not flee.

Usually the woman would be more cautious, more suspicious or afraid. She wasn't known for running from danger, but just having that thought was enough to alter her body language and expression.

But now? Leigh was a changed wolf. She was no longer as afraid as she once was. Though the threat of death was always lurking, always waiting for an opportunity, the she-wolf was more willing to live life on the edge. There was no avoiding danger forever, and if there was the possibility of making a friend, she'd take it.

As bitter as she had been to Kynareth, she hadn't completely lost her compassion and kindness. She never faked her personality or reactions, they were simply... tamed.

And now, as the unfamiliar shadow grew closer, Leigh's smile never faded. Maintaining a calm posture, she allowed the wolf to approach, and listened carefully as a few words finally cut the silence.

"Of course not. As far as I know, this lake doesn't belong to any pack. You're as welcome to it as I am."

There was no need to stir up conflict. Leigh gave no indication that the encounter was problematic, and would instead take this opportunity to get to know a new face. The she-wolf hadn't ventured far from the Saints, and she didn't even speak to her own pack members very often. But now she had a chance to perhaps speak with someone who knew more about the world. And Leigh would love to gain such knowledge.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It was as before, an agreement to peacefully coexist. This lake seemed to be quite popular for those who passed, though it could also just be the season. Lone wolves were traveling greater lengths, hopeful to find a spot they may fit in or can at the very least reside peacefully through the harsh storms of winter. Though, she could also be a pack wolf, a traveler mapping the land and its resources before such beneficial knowledge would come too late. There was no way to tell without asking of course, though would it really be her business? Ira never liked prying, it only left room for others to pry back, and even with the slow lowering of her walls amongst packmates, Ira would rather talk about anything other than herself.

However, silence might be worse. Ira nodded casually to the woman's remark, finding her own place to sit within an audible distance. Her plan was to rest until morning, so why not pass the time with some conversation? Claims don't always bring numbers. Even those alone need a place to rest and in my experience, they can be far more territorial. When you're alone the whole world was against you. Who knew who you could really trust? Most certainly not a stranger. It was but one of the reasons a life alone comes with so many more burdens. It lacks security, consistency, and most importantly, a sense of community. Wolves were social, they were not meant to be alone, so those who were stubborn or carried the burden were always fighting against nature.

If these are not your lands, what brings you through them? It wouldn't be the safest area to rest, or at least to someone unfamiliar with combat. Moonspear was just a day away and now the Saints lurked too. Both were a threat to someone traveling alone, but perhaps she had been lucky and traveled just south enough that neither pack took notice.
the dragon and her fire
162 Posts
Ooc — Leigh
It seemed that no conflict would occur here at the lake.

Although Leigh hadn't felt threatened by the other woman's presence, there was no knowing another's exact responces and reactions. She did her best to remain calm and keep the air peaceful, and it seemed the other wolf wanted the same. For now it appeared that they both simply wanted to rest, and the she-wolf didn't care much for safety anymore anyways so there was no reason to flee.

However, whether or not this stranger belonged to a pack was pure mystery. Leigh was completely obvlivious to the rest of the world as she hadn't ever stepped foot outside of Saint territory besides their relocation. And aside from Ursus and whichever pack had greeted them upon arrival, she held little to no knowledge about any other potential groups wandering about.

For a moment nothing but silence claimed the air, but it was swiftly cut as the unfamiliar voice spoke up once more. What was Leigh doing here? That question had an entire list of answers, and yet she couldn't seem to come up with a single one. Perhaps it was best to remove any trace of the Saints from her responce since it didn't seem like they were anyone's favorite. But then how would she answer?

"The need for an adventure, I suppose. I've only ever lived in a small corner of this world, and thought this may be a nice opportunity to explore. I hadn't expected the walk to last this far, though."

For now Leigh's only real concern was creating as much distance between herself and her pack. After all that had occured, there was no fear of an attack or fight. She just wanted to get away.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
A sense of adventure huh? She knew a few faces that had come and gone after staying with Kaistleoki that felt the same. Ira had never been the type to roam about for days without purpose, she felt duty-bound to her home, now more than ever as a leader and a mother. I've come to know a few wolves with wandering paws. Sometimes it is best to let them lead you to new beginnings, lest you wish to make peace with never truly being happy. So she had heard at least. Emrik was one of the faces that came to mind. He was dedicated to Kaistleoki and his mate, but he grew unhappy settling in one place for long. He departed to explore on his own for a bit, though she knew one day he would have to return for his family, it may become a common pattern to see him come and go. This wasn't the first long trip he had taken after all.

I do not leave my home unless I have to. I lead a pack to the East. I'm on my way home now actually. I can't promise anything exciting, but I know the way if you seek guidance out that way. She had no reason to trust the stranger, but she had been friendly enough. If she truly wanted harm wouldn't she have shown some intent by now? Perhaps that was her going soft, but traveling in pairs was safer anyway. A bear roamed somewhere South East of here, perhaps other dangers too. If this is a journey you must take alone, be wary of an aggressive bear South East of here. It chased some of my pack mates for days with no clear reason. Very unusual for a bear...
the dragon and her fire
162 Posts
Ooc — Leigh
Her offer was kind.

Leigh hadn't planned on returning home so soon. Some wolves would leave home for a few days to clear their mind. Others would leave completely, never to be seen again. The woman felt as if she was drifting in the middle. Although she had been away from home for a few days, that time was simply reserved for travel. She still hadn't had the adventure she was seeking. Despite planning to return to the Saints, she wasn't quite ready.

"If you wouldn't mind, yes, I'd love a bit of guidance, that'd be lovely-!"

A smile forming on her lips, Leigh was thankful to the stranger. Wandering so far from home was tricky business, she knew from experience. During their move from the canyons, the she-wolf had caught a glimpse of the outside world. But anything between their old home and new, she was still wary of. Some help from a wolf who knew the area would be much appreciated.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
can probably wrap up here! sorry for short post im a little brain dead and dont want to hold up this thread any longer with unknowns/leigh travel time. feel free to archive or do a closer!

Had she known she was speaking with a member of the Saints, surely this conversation would have taken a very different turn...but, there was no way to tell. No suspicion, no aggression, just a traveler in search of something new. A traveler that seemed to eagerly take her offer. Perhaps the evening could be made into something much more pleasant, that would be pleasing after the shit show at Moonspear.

Very well, I'll be continuing tomorrow morning. After a night's rest, we can follow the river. The night was still young, however, and the Count wasn't quite ready to turn in. If the other wished to continue their conversation then Ira would humor it until it was late and time to retire.