Stone Circle the blood on my hands scares me to death
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Even when he said it, it sounded so dumb, and Laurel wondered if he only used her own phrasing so that she wouldn't feel as stupid about it. Instead, it did the opposite, as it reminded her of how stupid it sounded when someone said it like that. She contemplated whether she should say something about it. Maybe try out a light-hearted joke, something like that, but in the end there was this lump in her throat that she didn't manage to stave off until he spoke himself.

The question was completely unexpected, both because no one but Valette had ever even really shown interest in or mentioned Indra in any way, and because it was a harsh confrontation with truth. Even after all this time, Laurel wasn't really ready for it.

Her gaze hardened as she stared out over the bison and she said, Indra. Her voice sounded hard and loveless, as if she referenced her arch-enemy rather than the most beloved wolf in her entire life. Without Indra, life seemed so futile. Perhaps Laurel was angry in some way, resentful that Indra should leave her here. She of all wolves knew how nothing ever came easy in her life. To leave her sister in this shitty pack that didn't care about her with the shitty wolves around her still stung. The least Indra could've done was made sure Laurel returned to the dirt at the same, time. Even if Merrick had murdered them both, Laurel would rather've died alongside Indra. In a way, she felt that she had died on the day that Indra died. She was the only one that ever loved me. There was emotion shining in her hardened gaze as she stared out to the bison, not looking at him once. She didn't want his hollow pity; something that would make him feel good about himself for caring for a woman who had fought the world and lost, while he would forget about her the very next day.

He must be one of Valette's children, Laurel thought. Valette had lost so many of her children, too, much alike Laurel in a way; some turned to mud, some turned their back to her, some got lost. He didn't look young, though. Perhaps it was the pain of loss that made him seem older and more mature, though.
Messages In This Thread
the blood on my hands scares me to death - by Laurel - November 20, 2020, 10:39 AM
RE: the blood on my hands scares me to death - by West Tyree - November 20, 2020, 12:50 PM
RE: the blood on my hands scares me to death - by Laurel - November 23, 2020, 04:04 AM
RE: the blood on my hands scares me to death - by West Tyree - November 25, 2020, 10:07 PM
RE: the blood on my hands scares me to death - by Laurel - December 02, 2020, 10:19 AM
RE: the blood on my hands scares me to death - by West Tyree - December 09, 2020, 02:06 PM
RE: the blood on my hands scares me to death - by Laurel - December 09, 2020, 03:43 PM
RE: the blood on my hands scares me to death - by West Tyree - December 09, 2020, 05:09 PM
RE: the blood on my hands scares me to death - by Laurel - December 15, 2020, 08:35 AM
RE: the blood on my hands scares me to death - by West Tyree - December 15, 2020, 01:42 PM
RE: the blood on my hands scares me to death - by Laurel - December 17, 2020, 04:47 AM
RE: the blood on my hands scares me to death - by Laurel - January 13, 2021, 04:08 AM