Noctisardor Bypass i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
It surprised Laurel to hear that Mahler met her once. She found herself let out a curious .. oh? but the lack of elaboration lead her to believe it was an inconsequential meeting. It was funny how she had lived for so long in the same valley as Mahler, and had never him before. She didn't know half how intertwined their fates were despite their lack of meeting up before.

He elaborated that his brother's name was Stigmata. Laurel looked as if she recognised the name when it was said — she did — but she found herself wondering where she knew it from. Diaspora... Wasn't that where Pipes had been, where they'd found her? I knew Diaspora. My daughter Piper was a part of it, once. She smiled lightly as she thought of Piper. Her second best child (and easily pushed to the front now that her best child was dead); even though she'd gone from Easthollow once more. Maybe Lucas' death had been too much for her to bear. Laurel did not feel she deserved to feel that way, felt that she should've stuck with her mother to support her through the difficult years that had come after, but such were children. Selfish and ungrateful; and the good ones? they died young. Too young.

Mahler continued to mention he'd built Sagtannet for him — presumably after he died, then — and Laurel glanced at the songbirds while she heard the story. He had had many packs. Laurel had had many packs in her life, too. It seemed they shared a restlessness of sorts. Do you think this will be the final pack? The final home..? she wondered out loud. A bit intrusive, perhaps, but with his history she could not help but wonder. And perhaps a part of her was asking herself this question rather than him; wondered if maybe, it could be her final home, too.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth - by Laurel - March 14, 2021, 01:54 PM