Noctisardor Bypass i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Xan's disappearance was an awkward elephant in the room, Laurel felt; they had come to Mahler's borders seeking a home, a place to bring forth more family, and instead it was now just Laurel, who felt like she was drifting in an ocean of uncertainty. She was at a crossroad. She could ask Mahler about children, but would he deny her because she did not have her mate by her side now? And who would father these children? She trusted Xan because he resisted her even when she told him that he could have her when she was in her heat last year. He realised that something was wrong and he did not lift a finger to touch her. That was why it had to be Xan. Could she trust another man like that? And if not... Would she still allow another man to touch her like that, even if it would tear apart her mind? Could she?

Worries for another day, archived in the back of her mind and only occasionally rearing their ugly heads.

Mahler said he would like to be buried here, although he hoped it would take years. Laurel nodded at the sentiment, though she missed the joke. Mahler seemed like a wise man already to her; but then, she did not know him very well yet. That's a sweet thought. She looked out over the lake, pondering about its name to avoid trying to think of the obvious question: would she stay here the rest of her life? History suggested not very likely, but she could not help but feel an itch in her soul for a home. For a good ending of a life that never started well.

Seemingly out of the blue Laurel suggested, How about... Birdsong Lagoon? Or perhaps 'songbird lake', or something. Laurel did not sound entirely set on this name, but perhaps it was a first step towards a good name.

Since he had lived here for a long time, Laurel could not help but wonder, Do you know of a place called Larksong Grotto? It's where I lived with my — She considered a moment, as if unsure what to tell precisely. When Indra and I were little, my father promised us that we would be princesses if we came with him, and invited us to stay for a bit at his home. At the time, it felt good to be fought over. Now, not so much. Laurel didn't think her mother was a good person, but her father was far from it, too. She often wondered if they wouldn't have been better off staying home, but at the same time, at least it had solidified her and Indra's bond. My father lived in Larksong Grotto. It's a large part of where I grew up. I think it was also somewhere in these lands. Laurel was not so sure why she felt the itch to visit it now. Perhaps because
Messages In This Thread
RE: i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth - by Laurel - March 17, 2021, 03:24 AM