Noctisardor Bypass I'm sick and tired of love songs
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
619 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Wylla’s mother also had a theory about rainbows. Druid turned her head a little so she could shift her attention between the lights and her pack mate as she spoke of attributing particular colors to certain seasons. The pup listened raptly, even though she had no real frame of reference for most of these seasons Wylla spoke of.

Druid didn’t really understand what words like “blaze” and “fire” meant literally, though she’d heard them in the context of the summer heat. It intrigued her that Wylla (or Wylla’s mother, rather) paired that sentiment with this mysterious fall. She wondered if she would like it even less than summer. Was it truly possible for the weather to get any hotter?

“And shades of blue for winter when the land grows silent and dark…” Now these words captured Druid’s interest. She loved quiet, and the night. Winter sounded soothing, especially in comparison to what she knew of summer and what Wylla had just told her about fall. She wondered when she would get to experience it.

She had no way of answering Wylla’s question, though this time Druid didn’t fumble. I don’t know, she admitted, adding sagely, maybe. If it’s magic. She paused then wondered, Will you tell me more about winter? She said the word almost reverently, warming ironically quickly to the idea of this dark, quiet turn of the seasons.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
I'm sick and tired of love songs - by Wylla - July 28, 2021, 11:34 AM
RE: I'm sick and tired of love songs - by Druid - July 28, 2021, 02:57 PM
RE: I'm sick and tired of love songs - by Wylla - July 29, 2021, 10:20 PM
RE: I'm sick and tired of love songs - by Druid - July 30, 2021, 09:33 AM
RE: I'm sick and tired of love songs - by Wylla - August 17, 2021, 11:51 PM
RE: I'm sick and tired of love songs - by Druid - August 18, 2021, 11:07 AM
RE: I'm sick and tired of love songs - by Wylla - August 19, 2021, 06:37 PM
RE: I'm sick and tired of love songs - by Druid - August 20, 2021, 01:48 PM
RE: I'm sick and tired of love songs - by Wylla - August 25, 2021, 01:43 PM
RE: I'm sick and tired of love songs - by Druid - August 25, 2021, 01:58 PM
RE: I'm sick and tired of love songs - by Wylla - August 30, 2021, 01:42 PM