Lion Head Mesa i'll fake god today
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
the lilac girl seemed new, somehow. perhaps it was just the difference from somber catacombs to the outside world once more.

makono would take her to a perching spot where she had discussed her future. the spot would provide a few of the flatlands. makono imagined it would impart some sort of new outlook to the fellahin.

she had been born in catacombs, certainly such a place would awe her. the princess could only hope so, at least. it would prove pivotal for them both.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

593 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
until this point nazli had not been permitted outside of the mesa.
certainly not atop it!
when she stepped out to see the whole of akashingo spread before her she felt so insignificant. was that the ploy of the princess? it was hard to not immediately compare their lives in that instant.
nazli wore a practiced smile. by the time she turned her eye upon makono again, all thoughts had emptied from her mind; she was beaming and elated, feeding that sensation rather than the jealousy or the doubt that tried to rival it.
it is beautiful here.
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
it was what she wanted.

to show the fellahin what her dutiful work could reward. treasures, sights. it may not have been a title or role higher than her lowly place, but it was good. great.

i was hoping you'd like it, she admitted with a grin. there are many treasures to akashingo, you know.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

593 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
fade with nazli's dismissal?

nazli had never thought about treasure before now.
when makono mentioned the word, she thought of the one called jewel; tavina had told her that it was a title of sorts, given to the pharaoh's favorite of the fellahin. she had not heard it spoken aloud since her birth, and presumed he had none.
perhaps if she worked hard she could become makono's jewel? a treasure in her own right. as swiftly as that thought came, nazli dismissed it; embarrassed, confused by herself.
i have much still to learn, nazli went on to admit. she turned her eyes upon makono briefly and then averted them, head bowed politely.
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
fading! :D tysm for goooood makono development!

makono wished to distract the girl with more sights and treasures. to supply her with all she could to make her happy and willing to bid the words of the princess.

but the girl also lost value to the princess if she was not well taught.

go then. i will wait for your next visit, she sought to assure the fellahin. makono would perch on her usual spot, prepared to watch the lilac girl disappear back towards the lowlands.

she hoped the girl left enchanted.