Stone Circle sjór
372 Posts
Ooc —
Limit Two 
hoping for @Gunnar when he was around <3

mother bear brought home someone new.

bjarna did not know what to make of the man. scarred and large, smelling of things she had never encountered in her life. she wanted to be friendly, truly, but she regarded him with a skepticism befitting a child of sanja.

sunken eyes in her smushed face squinted softly, as she peered at the older man across a field.

i held an atlas in my lap
ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered
where does it hurt?
note: bjarna speaks broken english at best.
icelandic will be italicized with translations on hover/click.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Have some daddy figure. :D

Gunnar had seen the child from afar. She had not strayed near him and did he blame her of course he didn't. Though, he knew it was time to remedy that if he were to stay on with Sanja and help her raise the pups and hunt for her. He was one of two males. The other a small coyote. He shook his head and moved towards the girl.

He kept far enough away from her that she wouldn't be scared and spoke softly, Icelandic jumping to his tongue quickly.

Halló þú hlýtur að vera Bjarna.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
372 Posts
Ooc —
he spoke the tongue of her and mother bear.

she teetered on a tight rope of emotions. did this make him safer? did this raise questions? he smelled of mother bear. she wished mother bear was here now, at her back.

but mother bear had many things to tend to — and she would want bjarna to be strong.

yes. she answered with a nasally breath.

who you?

and whispered
where does it hurt?
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar settled to his haunches. Didn't move any further to the girl. He didn't wish to cause her any unrest.

I am Gunnar. I'm a friend of your mother.

He lifted a tail up and down, it slowly stirring up the dirt and dust. His mind on how to make this tiny wolf warm up to him. She was clearly unsure of him, and he didn't blame her. Not really.

She was a strange looking creature, but cute in her own way, he supposed.
372 Posts
Ooc —
friend was a good word.

friend was the word used for those they were supposed to welcome. so tentatively she moved a bit closer, a few sniffs given in his direction. he smelled...earthy, but not in the usual way.

(salty was the word she looked for but lacked.)

where from? mama find you on adventure?

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar didn't move as she sniffed him. He imagined he smell of brine and medicine. Given that he was still healing.

Gunnar smiled and nodded. Yes she did. Near the ocean. Do you know of the ocean?
372 Posts
Ooc —
no.

she stared at him with a bit more warmth and curiosity now.

what is ocean? mama go to ocean?

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar settled down and held the little ones' gaze. His face fixed into a kind smile. She was a sweet little thing, curious and kind. He hoped only the best for her always.

[i]Yes your mama did. The ocean is a huge area of water. There are giant fish and crabs. It flows in and out, and makes such beautiful noises. It smells like salt and water, fish and open air. There are big fish in it, bigger than even you and me.

His heart galloped towards the sea. He had left her again, this time for a woman that needed help. It was admirable he supposed, but painful. Like a missing limb. The sea he had just found her again and now he was away from her coast.

But he was happy with his lot in life and if there was even a chance that any of those children in Sanja's womb were his, well he wanted to be there, be present.
372 Posts
Ooc —
she understood what he tried to convey, in a childish way.

the ocean sounded a lot like a larger river. and bjarna liked the river. she liked when mama fished or they cooled down together in the shady shallows.

bjarna was fond of the water. not to the depth of this...father bear, but still.

you take to ocean? me and mama?

mama always went on adventures.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar was not the best at speaking to the little ones. He tried of course, but the simple truth. He hadn't been around many. His younger siblings he had been absent for much of their life and his mother, well she had never taken another mate after Ragnar died.

Gunnar nodded. When your mama wants to, yes I will take you both. I think you'll like it.
372 Posts
Ooc —
okay.

she settled on with a bob of her head. she was nothing if not a disciplined child. a life prior to this mother bear had engrained that within her young, even if she did not remember much of it otherwise.

why you leave ocean?

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar listened to the child. Obedient and demure. What had brought her here. Weren't children supposed to run and jump and get into trouble. Chew things up and yip and bark and growl? Wasn't that the normal thing?

I left to help your mama.

And he didn't regret it, but he did miss the sea already. He had come back to die by the sea, as his mother had. His cousin was settling in somewhere too. Though Ash Paw was a strange wolf. Head full of fanciful notions and gods.
372 Posts
Ooc —
fade and we can get them something new? <3

mama like help.

her head nodded, soft agreement and acceptance of his answer.

come. show best nap spot.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
okay <3

Gunnar followed behind her. Naps were always good, especially lately. His bones hurt and his body hurt. He would do his best not to let anyone know, but he was beginning to feel his age. He had a few years left he hoped.