Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
All Welcome 
Reyson had sparred and he had fast realized that Calida had ripped his shoulder open a little more than he had realized. As he had started to return home. It was with this on his mind that he quickly sought out the healers den. The scent of Aquene there and one of her younglings. @Siku if he was not mistaken.

He stepped near the area and let out a gentle wuff, he would make sure to bring a hare or something small to trade for his help. He could even possibly hunt out some herbs for the healer and her family to utilize. He was a male that paid his debts. Especially to healers.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
109 Posts
Ooc —
mama had gone to grab some things and had been clear enough for siku to stay here, not wander too far, so on and so forth. which was fine by him. anything to not be involved near the soldiers.

so as he piled up a few stems of lavender, he was surprised to actually hear somebody here.

as usual, he bounced out of the medic's den, composed just like he mama always seemed to be when working.

hi! are you here for healings?
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson was momentarily struck dumb as it was not Aquene that came from the innards of the den, but rather one of her offspring. Though heaven help him, he didn't know their names.

He shifted from foot to foot and gave the barest of nods. They had to start somewhere right? So he motioned towards his shoulder.

I got bitten pretty good in a spar that got carried away today. Think you got something for it, little healer?
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
109 Posts
Ooc —
siku added this as reason three hundred to not become a shoulder. but he was happy to fall into the role of medic here for him instead.

oh, yes! mama usually says we need to use marigold first. so it doesn't get worse. is that okay?

he asked this as he toddled back into the den, prepared to search for the flower he had seen a hundred times before by now. but...how did he prep it, again?
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson watched as the youth thought through what he had said. He was a cute thing, all gangly legs and fuzzy ears. It was strange to think of little ones as cute. It was not usually how he was.

That is fine. That's the golden one you chew up into a paste right?

Reyson wasn't certain if he was right, but he thought that was what Renaud had done. Chewed it up into the most disgusting paste and slapped it onto the wound. It stung sometimes, especially if it were dirty. Though truthfully that could be the spit that stung....
109 Posts
Ooc —
oh! the soldier saved him, it seemed. apparently equipped with knowledge of his own. siku would call back out from within —

yes! then we put it all over the...wo-wo— his mouth struggled with the word for a moment. the ouchie. which was not medically correct, but he felt prepared.

he toddled back out with a flower and began to gently gnash at it. the start of a paste in his mouth.

duh eh hur?

he asked, not aware that his words were not clear around the mouthful of marigold.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson only knew the bare bones of healing, most of which he knew from the numerous wounds he had bore in his lifetime. Evident by the scars that peppered him.

Reyson smiled. Yes. Thank you. I'm glad you know how to heal. he knew what the youth was looking for, but he didn't want to embarrass him by correcting.

Reyson nodded. It stings. Teeth are sharper than they look sometimes, and they look pretty sharp. He felt awkward and big around the youngling. So he shifted and lay his body down closer to the little healer to reach.
109 Posts
Ooc —
uh'll be genuluh!

he assured the man, who seemed to take the next step of moving closer all on his own. siku truly had been made lucky by having a man who seemed to understand.

carefully he did his best to transfer the paste down onto the wound, off of his tongue. a few times he had to mush it with his paws, but the majority had made it on.

i can change it again, when that one comes off.

he meant to try and remember what was used for pain, but instead found himself curious.

who did that?
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Little tiny paws and tongue reached to his wound. They smoothed the paste down over shoulder, fixing into the tears of the skin. There were a few times where it hurt, but Reyson outwardly didn't show any pain. He didn't wish to scare the boy or make him think he had hurt him worse.

There is a pack nearby, who I have a friend in. Her name is Calida. She did it. She didn't mean too, it was an accident, but sometimes accidents hurt.

Calida too had been searching for more than just a spar. She had needed to relieve some sort of tension from her life, and she had done so with physical movements and violence.

Do you want to be a healer like your mom? Or a soldier like your dad?
109 Posts
Ooc —
an accident.

this seemed like a pretty big accident. granted he supposed something him and nanuq had gotten carried away sometimes but...he grimaced at the thought of something like this.

at least the man asked something easy.

a healer! he beamed, then shuffled into something smaller. embarrassed at his excitement and discarding of soldiers.

but i think i..gotta learn to be a soldier?

his shoulders shrugged, and he shuffled back towards the den for something else.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
It was a pretty big accident. Calida had been upset about it and had apologized, but well here they were.

Resyon chuckled. I think you're already on your way to being a good healer. You know what i think. I think healers are super important and we couldn't be soldoers witjout healers.

He watched the tiny one shuffle back inside. Feeling bad he would need to learn to be a soldier. But did he?
109 Posts
Ooc —
he shuffled back out, nothing in his clutches, having forgotten it in favor of reyson's words instead.

do you...think the big man would let me be a healer? without being a soldier?

he tried to ignore the way his voice quivered, how his tail dared to dip between his legs for a moment as he awaited an answer. how horrible it felt to wait for one!
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson looked down at the tiny pup, looking up at him. And he felt out of his element, but he would try for Healer Aquene, for this little paw healer that wanted to fix rather than break.

Reyson bent so that he was eye level. I think he would, and if you'd like i can ask him to as well. I will even go with you when you ask him.

Reyson wanted to touch, soothe, but he wasn't sure how. So he hoped that his words would suffice.

You will make a great healer, see look at how well you did for my shoulder.
109 Posts
Ooc —
m-maybe you come with, and show him your shoulder.

if it healed! siku suddenly worried that maybe it would all open up, become infected. that it would be a nightmare and his dreams of healing would be squished before he managed anything.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
I will gladly do that little healer. I will show him how well you did.

Reyson had no doubt that his wound would not infect. The youth had put a paste on it immediately and he seemed to know what he was doing at teh very least at least where that was concerned.

He would walk to the leader himself and tell him of the youth's healing abilities for one so young he already knew more than Reyson himself probably did.