Stone Circle Kin
65 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Joining 
I had a small panic seeing their numbers at 4 ;w; so this is impulse joining at its finest.

Across the mountains and away from the beautiful canyon, Cad roamed. The world was stunning. It did not matter where he directed himself, he found beauty in even the darkest of places. 

The Imperator and the Imperatrix had vanished. The young medic hadn’t been able to pull their scents from the many he had found. Cad hoped he might find them, though he knew the likelihood was slim. His last conversation with the lady Fennec had not been ideal. As he drew near a border marking, Cad thought of her and his want to apologize. 

Moss eyes searched the packlands. It seemed like a small gathering. He would be able to serve them well, if they allowed. Cad lifted his snout and called to their leaders.
372 Posts
Ooc —
vague but can never resist a teo character

bjarna was half here, half not.

on the half that she was here, she heard a call. @Gunnar might have answered better, had a smoother way for words.

yet it was her who showed up. only noted that it was a man who seemed grown into himself. handsome and right in all the way wolves would always be and she would never be.

hallo. she dipped her head down softly in greeting, but stood with a posture beyond her age.

called?

i held an atlas in my lap
ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered
where does it hurt?
note: bjarna speaks broken english at best.
icelandic will be italicized with translations on hover/click.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
[

Gunnar heard the call and followed behind his dottr. A fond smile given only to her as he arrived. He would wait patiently and allow her to decide ehat she may like. After all if all went well this would be her birthright if she wanted it. But the old warrior would never press it.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
65 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Eeeeeeee!!! I got both of you! *w* <3

From their snowy landscape came a burly she-wolf with kind eyes. The medic had never seen such a marvelous creature in all his life. Her features were stunted and flatter than that of a wolf. Something else had mixed with the wild blood and had created this! She was stunning and Cad was captivated, at once. 

Peach face canted to the right and then to the left. There seemed a possible language barrier existed between them. The girl asked what he was called. It was safest to assume she meant his name- 

Another figure appeared. This one was male and wolf to his core. Cad dipped his snout for both of them, respectful and considerate. He was lucky to have gotten two who answered his call. 

Cad, the moss-eyed figure offered his name. A smile flitted across his narrow features.
372 Posts
Ooc —
cad.

this word she did not understand. it was not the call of a hunter or scout. maybe this one was like the beautiful silvertongue who spoke another language too, beyond the common one or the one she natively spoke.

tentatively she raised a paw to her chest. bjarna. set it down and looked out over the land, off towards the tall stones. kvarsheim.

you need...?

her weight shifted softly from one side to the other. embarrassment bloomed softly in her gut.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Brown ear twisted at his words. Cad was his name. He waved his large plume in greeting and then dipped his head. Voice sodt.

Gunnar.

He brushed his daughters side a small show of support and love juat for her. She got so upset at the languag barrier and he hated that for her.
65 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Bjarna and Gunnar were strong names. They suited the wolves that carried them. 

Cad waved his tail to the girl. He didn’t know what she meant with her question. A prick of nervousness had him reconsidering his attempts to join them. If they didn’t speak a common tongue, he might just look like a nosy stranger on the edge of claimed land. 

The medic shifted his mossy eyes toward the man. Gunnar looked as though he was there to support Bjarna. A father, maybe! He had the protective gleam in his eye. 

Cad… join? he tried to ask the girl. His snout dipped lower. The medic’s silver tail swung at his rear.
372 Posts
Ooc —
cad join!

now she understood that cad was him and he did speak common. she just...still lacked in many places. her cheeks flushed hotly and she wished she could pass this all off to gunnar, to go away on that trip this very moment.

instead —

she only thought of kvarsheim. small and cold. lacking the greatness it might have once bore. she continued to fill it with figures and now was no different.

yes. she said with a polite nod. she glanced softly to gunnar, hoping he might understand her open willingness in these times.

cad hunt? travel? she sought to know more of his skills and yet she only had these two things to ask after!

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
What are the skills you offer to Kvarsheim

Gunnar spoke just this. Grey eyes assessing and lively despite his advanced age. He didn't know when Bjarna would go on her journey, but he would keep the home fires burning as long as he could.

A soft tilt of lips.
65 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Oh, yes. Hunt, travel, work hard, he listed quickly to answer her question. 

The man spoke in perfect common, though. Cad was surprised at this. His eyes blinked upon Gunnar while a moment of silence stretched between them. 

I didn’t realize you spoke- he clapped his mouth. Their common tongue was not the same. If he referred to the shared language as being “common,” he feared that it would sound prejudiced. I am a medic, primarily. 

Cad didn’t wish to forget the girl. She had done well to address him. 

Uh… Cad heals, he told her with a warm smile.
372 Posts
Ooc —
yes. hunt. travel.

she felt pleased with her decision even if it was quickly placed in him. kvarsheim was not picky as long as others behaved and weight was pulled.

but gunnar was talking and cad seemed able to answer deeper to her father bear.

heals.

this captivated her wholly.

bjarna heals! she beamed at him now with a certain eagerness.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
He nodded. I do speak it. I can speak different languages. Though Icelandic and Common are the one I know the most of.

He tilted his head at the word heals and medic. Good they needed one he smiled at the exuberance of Bjarna.

My mother was a well reknowned healer. Bjarna is following in the footsteps of caretaker. Are you looking for a home?
65 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Ice…landic, Cad repeated this language with a faraway voice.

The young medic had never heard of such a thing! In his mind, the icelands were cold and shifting. They floated upon great oceans of frigid water. The wolves would hunt atop the ice. Their paws would be trained to navigate the cold and the sea beneath it. In this image, he could see the man Gunnar chasing along the edge of the imaginary glacier.

Bjarna drew Cad’s features to her with an exclamation that warmed his heart.

How could a man not smile at such a bright voice? How could her eyes not break even the harshest of brutes?

Bjarna teach? he asked her softly, hoping to know if he might learn from the girl. To Gunnar, Cad dipped his narrow snout and waved his tail. A home I might be able to serve. I’ve- I’ve lost some of my memory, sir. I cannot promise I will stay forever, but I will stay until I know where I’m meant to go next… if you’ll have me.
372 Posts
Ooc —
bjarna teach?

had...anyone asked her such? to extend her own skills to them? so often it seemed she was asking this of others. so often she shadowed the more experienced while she fumbled like a newborn fawn.

her cheeks burned hot beneath her thick fur.

yes.

it was all she could say as she suddenly felt girlish. gaze briefly fluttered to his paws where it settled while they spoke.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar nodded his head. Not blind to the heat on his dottr's cheeks or the males doting eyes. A brief flare of protectiveness drew his breath, but he pressed it to the ground. Bjarna was old enough now to make her own choices and this one wasn't terrible. He seemed nice enough.

Very well Welcome to Kvarsheim. Bjarna can show you a place to sleep. If you have need of interpretation either one call me.

He repeated what he said to Bjarna. Then he pressed a nose to her head and gave the other male one more wondering glance and then he turned away.