Lost Creek Hollow I wanna be your friend, go shoppin’ in a Benz
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
All Welcome 
Atreus approached what looked like a particularly deep, dark wood. He could still see Stone Circle if he glanced behind him. Many scents littered the edge of the forest floor, so he made sure not to overstep his bounds. He paced along the periphery, in part to analyze what he smelled but also to work out some of the nervous energy lingering after his visit with Inkeri.

This is back-dated to the 4th. :)
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
190 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He had been among the wolves of Riverclan for some days now, and kept mostly to himself. His interest in learning the terrain took up much of his time during the day; that, or he was busy hunting and fishing, so that he could pay-off his stay somehow.

While he lurked in wait for his next target, Mesa took notice of a foreign smell - then the approach of a ruddy body he did not recognize. His nape began to bristle and he slunk from his hunting blind at a focused prowl, watching the boy. Years of living alone and fending for himself kept Mesa well versed in stalking maneuvers - of prey, or of possible dangers.

He employed these now, until the last moment, in which case he charged to cut off the stranger's path and brandished a grimace of teeth as warning.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
He was so driven to distraction, Atreus startled when a pale wolf suddenly rushed in front of him. His hindquarters dipped as he braced his forelegs, ready to spring into fight or flight as necessary. His eyes focused on the flash of the stranger’s fangs, his ears pulling backward apprehensively.

Hey, I don’t mean any harm, Atreus insisted, rocking back onto his haunches and raising his paws placatingly. I was hoping to learn more about Riverclan. I just came from visiting your allies at Kvarsheim. I’m Scout.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
-I don't stop when I'm tired. I stop when I'm done.-
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy slid forward with a cant of his head. He had been in the shadows. Lurking. He spoke quietly. 

I've been here since teh beginning. What is it  you wish to know?

Then he stood patiently, yellow eyes upon the other without judgement or suspicion. THough he would be careful what to say. After all, Silvertongue and Crowfeather it seemed had enemies from the palace. He had no idea what the palace was and he didn't need to know.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
No reply was forthcoming from the pale stranger. Atreus was pretty certain he was gearing up for another lunge when a second wolf appeared, distracting them both. The young visitor had a hard time taking his eyes off the first wolf, though eventually he decided it was safe to direct his questions at the newcomer, who reminded him of the Imperator.

Hello, I’m Scout, he offered. I just want to know what the pack is like and what kind of traits you look for you in potential joiners.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy positioned his body to keep the other wolf from lunging again. And he studied the boy. He didn't know why he needed to know, but it didn't harm to answer some of the questions he supposed. He shuffled once and then spoke.

We are a pack of healers mostly, and hunters. We can defend our own. WE are looking for those who are adept at hunting, healing, and can offer something to our packs balance. Wolves that are in need of a home. We pride Loyalty and kindness above most everything else.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
He thought that was a curious combination. On one hand, he understood they balanced and complemented each other. But it was still kind of ironic, he thought, to prize those who did harm and those who did no harm.

Ah, well, damn, I’m no good at either of those things, Atreus said lightly, thinking of his recent hunt with Germanicus and Killdeer. He didn’t even have to lie about that. It probably isn’t a good fit for me but… I appreciate you taking the time to speak with me. I don’t think I caught your name? Or his, he added, nodding at the aloof white man.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
There was a place for all beings. The leaders were healers, so Sandy and a scant few made up the warriors to protect the star's. It was the way of things, there was order in the world and he liked it that way. Sandy was a peaceful wolf, but if need be he could end someone.

Ah I am Sandulf Ardeth and that is Mesa. Don't sell yourself short.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
Sandulf, Atreus repeated with a bob of his snout, Mesa.

The Imperator’s lookalike told him not to sell himself short. This earned a little huff of laughter from the youth. He wondered if Sandulf might attempt to recruit him, if he delved into the skills he did possess.

Well, I’m not a healer or a hunter but I’m a really good scout, I like to think. And I’m not a half-bad fighter, though I’m always trying to improve on that score.

Since this was feeling more like a conversation now, Atreus decided to ask, Which one are you? A healer or a hunter?

He didn’t bother including Mesa in this line of inquiry, especially as the white wolf began to slink further and further into the backdrop.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy offered a small smile and then waited as the youth pulled his thoughts together. He was a slow thinker in his own right, so he was rather, well that is to say more patient than most.

We do not have many scouts, though our leader himself was quite a scout in his time I believe.

Sandy laughed. I can fix ailments if they are minor, but no I am a hunter. A very good one I like to think. I have had no complaints thus far. And my belly is always full. So that speaks for itself I believe. Fighting is a good skill to have, even if you never utilize it. It does yourself well to take care of yourself and any you are among.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
That little tidbit begged the question, Who is your leader?

Sandulf spoke of his experience as a hunter. Although Atreus of course had no real desire to join, he found himself warming to this man. Maybe it was the resemblance to Germanicus which had endeared him at first, though Sandulf was quite a bit more easygoing than the Imperator.

Yeah, he agreed a bit lamely before adding, I have a lot of respect for skilled fighters and hunters. I wish I could say I was one, I’m just… not that great at either. I’m just okay. And I’ve come to terms with it. Besides, I’m happiest when I’m scouting.

And it wasn’t always the most utilitarian skill, though Atreus couldn’t wait to report back to Mereo and tell Germanicus everything he’d learned on this little field trip. In fact, as much as he was enjoying Sandulf’s company, he suddenly itched to return to the canyon.

Well, I have some other packs I’d like to check out before I commit to anything, he said, feeling a little bad for the false implication, no matter how vague, but I really appreciate your time, Sandulf. Maybe I’ll stop by again someday. Take care.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Crowfeather and Silvertongue are my leaders. He rumbled.

Sandy dipped his head. Everyone has their small niche that they make for themselves for you it is scouting. My brother is a trader and hunter. These things all matter. And make any pack you join better for it.

Travel well. Then he would watch until the boy left the area and then eh would return to his duties as quietly as he had materialized.