Ravensblood Forest monster mash
812 Posts
Ooc —
"AW" but tagging @Caiaphas. :)

Junior had spent a lot of time by herself lately, feeling rather self-conscious and down in the dumps. For the most part, she stuck close to home, though she eventually grew restless and decided she should probably pay a visit to the bay. One was long overdue, though she felt embarrassed about showing up looking like she'd been beaten with the ugly stick. She also dreaded going that near to the sound...

She pulled herself up by the bootstraps and set out one chilly October morning, cutting a trail along Whitefish River and only stopping for a break when she wandered deep into Ravensblood Forest. Junior hopped up onto a stump and, panting slightly, scanned her surroundings. She then set about grooming herself, making herself as presentable as possible before she showed up on her second family's doorstep.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
<style>.caiaphast .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#494a43; } .caiaphast p {padding: 0px 9px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; } .caiaphast b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.1px; } .caiaphast {background-color:#9a8a93; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/ejZI1Ae.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; } .caiaphast .float {float:right; width:0px; height:10px; } .caiaphast .text {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e3e3f; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:18px; width:560px; text-align:justify; padding: 20px 20px 275px 20px; } .caiaphast-border {width:600px; margin:0 auto; }</style>
Caiaphas had spent largely the entire morning traipsing through Ravensblood with her narrow muzzle drawn to the ground. Fall was a time of harvest -- the last stand before the tide of winter -- and Caiaphas did not intend to dive into the helm of the cold season without their cache being prepared to the hilt.

It was during such an excursion that she stumbled, quite by chance, onto Junior -- though a more allegiance wolf would have declared it ordained by the gods. Hedonistic as always for torture, she changed her course towards the dark female -- though it was likely by now that Junior too had been made aware of her presence.

She observed unabashedly as Junior groomed herself, as she was often inclined to do. In retrospect, it seemed the bathing was needed, for Junior looked terribly worse for wear. This revelation showed clearly on Caiaphas' muzzle in the form of a taunting and unafraid smirk -- and gloatingly she awaited some sort of recourse from the sooty yearling.

this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
812 Posts
Ooc —
There was nothing to be done about the rash on her lip. When she finished grooming, she ran her tongue over it, tasting the wound and feeling its rough surface. Junior's brow knitted as she felt an overwhelming self-consciousness come over her. She wanted to turn back and go home. What would Ragnar, Thistle and their brood think of her ugly mug? She couldn't bear to face them.

She sprang down from the stump, her head whipping to her left as her intuition suddenly prickled. Her eyes clapped upon a familiar and unwelcome figure. The youth stared at Caiaphas's leering face, turned away, then upon deciding she didn't like having her back turned to the untrustworthy she-wolf, spun around again.

"What do you want?" she asked, her voice as dry and crisp as the October air.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
<style>.forest12 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#494a43; } .forest12 p {padding: 0px 9px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; } .forest12 b {color:#fbfbfd; letter-spacing:-.1px; } .forest12 {background-color:#1a2a34; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/FTTNJWe.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; } .forest12 .float {float:right; width:0px; height:10px; } .forest12 .text {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#94958f; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:18px; width:460px; text-align:justify; padding: 20px 20px 360px 20px; } .forest12-border {width:500px; margin:0 auto; }</style>
Greedily the waif drank in just about every detail in Junior's countenance -- and with a crow of delight upon discovering the swollen gash on Junior's lips she cackled and drew close to the dark-furred female to inspect the rash further.

Junior's cold words were met with deleterious jets of laughter -- and prancing about Junior like some addled hellion, Caiaphas swung her mirthful muzzle around and tried her best to mimic the churlish expression Junior reluctantly wore. As Junior's words cut into the air with coldness to rival the wind Caiaphas stopped momentarily as if to consider what she wanted, and then without warning slid back out on the circle as if surprised. "Why so defensive? You gonna give me what's on your lip if I don't tell you?"

812 Posts
Ooc —
Caiaphas began to caper around her like a puppy; there was no apter term for it. Junior understood now that the other she-wolf enjoyed getting a rise out of her and she told herself not to give Caiaphas the satisfaction. Yet when the other wolf pointed out the rash on her lip, she felt a sizzling bolt of anger and embarrassment shoot through her, heating her skin and making her want to rip out the female's throat.

"Maybe," she snapped. "At least it's temporary. Nothing can cure your ugly bitchface," Junior retorted, failing absolutely at keeping her cool.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
<style>.forest12 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#494a43; } .forest12 p {padding: 0px 9px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; } .forest12 b {color:#fbfbfd; letter-spacing:-.1px; } .forest12 {background-color:#1a2a34; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/FTTNJWe.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; } .forest12 .float {float:right; width:0px; height:10px; } .forest12 .text {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#94958f; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:18px; width:460px; text-align:justify; padding: 20px 20px 360px 20px; } .forest12-border {width:500px; margin:0 auto; }</style>
An ugly swath of rightful fury consumed Junior's countenance and for a moment it looked as ugly as the rash that scabbed over her crusty chin. Her voice confirmed her outrage, and Caiaphas skittered backwards with a romp of delight.

She did not falter -- not even as Junior brought into question Caiaphas lack of winsome features. This was known, and she wore her homely bearing like a veiled shield; uncaring and unaffected by the blows that her hideous countenance evinced. "But do you know it's temporary? Are you certain it is not a curse, for leaving the Sisters?" Wide-eyed as if struck suddenly by the severity of their topic she turned about to close the distance between them, feigning shock as she 'considered' Junior's ailment may have been brought forth by mystic means.

812 Posts
Ooc —
Caiaphas taunted her, asking if she was so sure it was only temporary and then suggesting it might be punishment for leaving the Nereides. Junior felt her insides curdling with anger. She had since decided she didn't believe in any of that stuff — she felt stupid for ever getting caught up in any of it in the first place — so she didn't for one second believe in Caiaphas's words. That didn't mean they didn't piss her off, though!

"Fuck off, you ugly cunt," Junior snapped, lunging at Caiaphas. It was more of a feint than anything, meant to wipe that stupid, leering grin off the other wolf's face. Yet if it came to blows, Junior wouldn't necessarily be disappointed. She was a Warrior and it had been some time since she'd last fought with anyone, playfully or otherwise.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
As altruistic as Caiaphas believed herself to be, she did not foresee Junior's lunge until she was nearly already upon her. Taken aback by the contact and instantly not wishing to have whatever Junior's rash was imparted upon her, Caiaphas reeled backwards with a gasp of shock.

Her jump backwards was somewhat without calculation -- she sprung like a startled gemsbok, her lips contorted in an expression of disgust and outrage. "Don't touch me with those horrible lips!" Her words reached a raw shriek, and somewhat equally affronted by their momentary contact, Caiaphas stood her ground this time with a defensive snarl.
812 Posts
Ooc —
Although Caiaphas's repugnance could be taken as horribly offensive, her overreaction made Junior realize its potential as a weapon. She sneered at the fleet-footed, screeching she-wolf. She then borrowed a trick from Caiaphas's book and began laughing, loudly and derisively, drowning out the sound of the other wolf's snarl.

"Why not, Caiaphas? It would improve your hideous mug. Come here and let me give you the herp!" She leaped again, not aiming to bite Caiaphas as was customary but only to wipe her rash-scabbed mouth against her nemesis.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
omg im laughing at the two
Darkly, Caiaphas regarded Junior in a new distasteful light. She was not used to the roles being reversed and she did not appreciate the bitter taste of her own medicine. She was not often in this position, one of torment -- and as Junior practically paraded that blistering, crusty sore in Caiaphas' face she felt an irrational prick of anger.

Despite being younger, Junior boasted height that Caiaphas did not and with a resolute growl Caiaphas stood her ground, her tail flying over her haunches. She lifted her muzzle upwards, away from her assailant -- defensively turning her shoulder into Junior's leap as if to ward her off. Furious but unwilling to let whatever that thing was touch her, Caiaphas dropped her head and lunged at one of Junior's outstretched forepaws in the hopes to distract her from smearing her grossness on Caiaphas' (equally gross) fur.
812 Posts
Ooc —
'Tis a battle o' the filthy bitches!

There was something immensely satisfying about watching Caiaphas squirm. A barking laugh erupted from Junior's mouth even as the she-wolf thwarted her by snapping at her forepaw. The noise cut off abruptly when Caiaphas's teeth skinned several of her toes, which stung something fierce. A surprised and angry growl burst out of her instead.

Now you've done it! she thought, smugness mixing with real anger as she opened her mouth wide and sprang directly for Caiaphas's face. If she smeared her lip rash on her, that would be great. If she flayed open her cheek with a renegade tooth—even better.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Caiaphas would have stopped to gloat when Junior quit her barking laughter, were it not for the flash of obsidian that marked Junior's abrupt advancement. Caiaphas froze, the fur along her muzzle and nape flaring upright in both surprise and fierce defiance -- there was an unmistakable intent in Junior's spread jaws that Caiaphas did not appreciate.

So irrationally reluctant was Caiaphas to allow Junior's rash to come in contact with her face that she instead elected to turn her head downwards in a half pirouette and proffer the bulk of her spiny shoulder -- and as Junior's teeth scored relentless along her shoulder Caiaphas was distinctly aware of a feral outrage she had never possessed before. With a throaty growl she flung her shoulder forwards in the attempt to stagger Junior, her dropped muzzle grazing the ground as she sought to clasp anything - lower leg, pastern, even a hind leg would suffice -- so long as her teeth delivered rebuke for the well of blood and the raw, fresh wound inflicted by Junior's searing canines.
812 Posts
Ooc —
In the blink of an eye, Caiaphas's face flung away to be replaced by the meat of her shoulder. Junior's fangs sank into other female's flesh before she even knew what was happening, her nemesis's own movements forcing her teeth deeper. A few seconds passed and Junior forcibly unlatched, trying to spring back from the counterattack she sensed coming, a payoff from her Warrior training.

Yet she wasn't quite swift enough to evade Caiaphas's assault entirely. She felt a painful sting in her upper leg, inches below her shoulder and above her elbow joint. Savage teeth bore into her and the noise that erupted from her muzzle was a mixture of whining and snarling. She balanced herself on her hind feet, trying not to fall and wrench the wound open as she hit the ground.

While Caiaphas remained clasped, holding Junior's foot off the ground like a demonic bear trap, Junior wrinkled her wrecked lips back from her teeth and dove for the top of the bitch's head. If she didn't release Junior in time, she would get slathered in fungal drool, not to mention have her scalp split open by the juvenile's knife-like fangs.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Violence, in its physical manifestation, was not a deportment Caiaphas could consider herself adept in -- and so, when her teeth met flesh, she considered it her only redeeming chance -- and resolutely, she refused to let go.

Understandably, Junior had reservations about this idea. Reservations in which she expressed physically, as one would expect. Caiaphas was all too aware of the keening of her shoulder -- the sharp twang that came every time a muscle twitched there -- a simpering gasp pressed through her tongue and alternatively Junior's leg as she tried to 'shoulder' the pain.

She was aware she was in a rather precarious situation and as Junior swooped down Caiaphas tried to drop her head and hunch her shoulders (one of which protested quite violently in pain) and stumble forwards to delineate the blow. It was a hit she would have to take, though she tried her best to unbalance Junior and hopefully soften the blow as she stumbled into the black youth. "Leggo!!" She growled (read: HOWLED!) through clenched jaw and Junior's leg -- a second growl emanating as she sought to enunciate her command with a tight clamp of her jaws. "Leggo an' I leggo." She grunted again, the command muffled. She had no intention of breaking a leg, but she also did not want to let the female go and have teeth fly in her face. It was all she could do to not let go of Junior's limb, so smart and sharp was the pain on the top of her noggin from Junior's insistent fangs.

Understandably, they were now in quite the predicament.
812 Posts
Ooc —
It soon became apparent that the two young bitches were in something of a Chinese finger trap. Junior continued bearing down on Caiaphas's head, as if the taste of blood threading through her mouth fed her fury and numbed whatever pain she might have otherwise felt. Yet she froze when the Nereides screamed at her, proposing something of a ceasefire. Junior felt she had the upper hand; she would survive a broken leg but Caiphas would not survive if Junior literally tore off her face or, better yet, managed to crush the back of her neck.

Did she really want to kill the evil, ugly bitch? Junior deliberated for a few moments, then suddenly released her grip and sprang back, using the element of surprise to yank her own limb out of Caiaphas's mouth. She winced as the female's teeth raked through the black fur and pale flesh beneath, tearing it and causing blood to flow freely down over her foot. Fortunately, she just barely avoided degloving her paw entirely. She made no attempt to renew her assault, backpedaling hastily to put space between herself and her enemy.

Blood smeared her teeth as Junior grimaced at Caiaphas. Was this what they called a stalemate? Or an uneasy truce? The youth puffed out her fur and growled, warning Caiaphas not to come at her again. She began to back away some more, more slowly now, hoping that her rival would do the same and they could both retreat in opposite directions with nothing but their superficial wounds to show for the encounter.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
want to wrap up?? thank you for the thread!!!

Caiaphas was relieved -- if somewhat flabberghasted -- when Junior released her. She knew full well the dark wolf could have dismantled her skull from her spine in a matter of seconds, and with a sharp gasp she flew from the releasing pressure, her expression dark and scolding.

She had not meant to damage Junior's limb further -- but in their swiftness to disentangle Caiaphas noted with a slight hiccup of guilt that the limb was open with dark liquid rimming the black of Junior's pelt. Much like the dark youth, Caiaphas began to place distance between the two of them immediately -- though the welt of punctures atop her head somewhat slowed her progress and prevented her from lifting her muzzle.

With one last hateful squint cast Junior's way, Caiaphas sorely limped as she fled -- eager to put distance between them, lest Junior realize she was superior in skill and set to renew their combat.
812 Posts
Ooc —
I enjoyed it! :D

Junior's breath came out in a long whoosh when Caiaphas did little more than glare at her, then hastily limp away. Trembling slightly, Junior ascertained her wounds, licking tenderly at her bleeding foreleg. She winced, withdrawing, then took a few moments to gather her strength before turning and also limping away, in the direction of the plateau.