Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
All Welcome 
He had pushed the day before until he was so bone tired he could barely move. A trek that should have taken multiple days he had done it faster than that. Because simply put he needed that burn in the muscles. That tease against his mind. He needed to press the envelope and hope he came out on the other side. Because frankly somewhere between where he used to be, Akashingo and now Epoch he lost the wolf he had been. He was a ghost of the commander he had been.

He allowed other to make him feel small and worthless. He had let them dictate what he did and where he went. And some of it, yes was acceptable, but this, this current issue. Was not. Yes he had spoken harshly to the boy, but he hadn't chased him away. He had done nothing to the youth to warrant all the hatred that boy spewed at him. And Reyson couldn't quite figure it out, but it wasn't just Meadow that caused the boy to hate him, there was something else, but damned if he knew what it was. No crush warranted that much hate.

He finally made it back to the Sunbeam and his paws gave out. Too tired to move much more. So he curled his body in a tight ball and leaned against a tree, hopefully nothing would set upon him while he slept.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
i burn down my house and build it up again
i burn it down twice just for the fun of it
81 Posts
Ooc — Van
River ventured into the depths of the shadowy lair with only a thought of getting her paws out of the slush and snowmelt so that she might feel her pads again. Normally, she wouldn’t bother exploring such dark, dank places that only had a few jetstreams of fresh air coursing through, but the lack of snow here put her in the mind of spring in full bloom. Soon, there would be earth to tread upon rather than miles upon miles of compacted snow, and she was glad to touch a bit of land that wasn’t dredged in the stuff. Even if it was a place like this.

She scoured the cool ground until she crossed the recent treadmarks of another wolf, which she followed out of nosiness. At the end of the scent trail, she found another wolf at rest, though this one seemed to be hiding, curled up tight as it was, rather than languishing out in the open as the other wolf had.

River thought to leave this one alone too, so she turned to head the other way, wary of this coiled up wolf waking up in a bad mood.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Years of training, woke him up and he felt the presence of another. He unfolded quickly and got to his feet. Though a growl didn't make it's way yet. In case he was just reacting to a nightmare or something. He looked around with ice blues narrowed.

A brown she wolf and he eyed her with distrust, but he said nothing. He did chuff to let her know he was awake now. Though she seemed intent to go the other way, and if that was what pleased her. He'd be quite content to let her go too.

He stretched out his shoulders and legs. They ached and the bloody paws he hid in the grass. Meadow would have his head when she saw them. But well, it was what it was.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
i burn down my house and build it up again
i burn it down twice just for the fun of it
81 Posts
Ooc — Van
soooo sorry for the wait!! we can wrap this up in another post or two if it's too outdated for you <3

The wolf’s stirring drew River to a pause, and she looked over her shoulder to catch the glint of icewater eyes in the gloom. No need to avoid him now that he was awake. A scent of blood was strongest around him, mingling with his own distinct smell, which kept her both wary and curious about him. Was he the danger or had something unfortunate happened to him?

Are you hurt? she asked, steadily maintaining her distance.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
No worries. And that's fine with me.

Reyson moved, but didn't move closer. The dusk was starting to press against them. he sighed.

I've been running a lot today, and i cut my paw pads on teh sharp stones.

He held up one paw, blood oozing from small cuts in the skin and then he lay it back down. He was used to scouting and running and had he not been racing to get away from the emotions he was feeling, for three days, or was it two? he'd be a little better condition.