Stone Circle father chose me
11 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Joining 
he comes to the wilds, cloaked in the caught flurries of a snow storm.

it froze to his fur, but valtivi does not feel it. his fur is thick; coarse. made for the glacial chill of the fjords he was born in, from lands very far away.

the afternoon is overcast, chilled. he shakes coat free of gathered snow and pauses as he nears a pack scent. steps slow before he reaches the borders, drinking in the scent, gleaning what he can from.

he tips his head back and lets out a howl for leadership.

I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
A howl rises up and Gunnar swiftly attends to it. Steel gray eyes on the white furred beast that lingered at their borders. For a moment he was taken back in time to the sight of his father in his white majesty his heart ached.

Halló. YOu approach Kvarsheim stranger. What brings you?

Gunnar stood tall and stallwart, eyes assessing. Body in position so you understood he was leader here, but not overtly so. He tilted a head and waited.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
11 Posts
Ooc — delaney
an elder comes to him, draped in robes of tarnished gold and earth; a man of importance from his body language, gait and words offered.

but they are mostly in common!

the nightingale's sinikello struggles with translating it in his mind.

picking it apart sound by sound like a bird pecks at carrion.

piecing it together like a puzzle with pieces painfully missing.

but hallo is greeting! and heim is familiar too! it is fjordic in it's nature. home.

ah, valtivi pauses. this ... home?
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
If I have assumed too much I can delete or edit or what have you. But given that Gunnar can speak other languages, he would recognize accents I think and Inkeri speaks norwegian so she would have an accent. Just let me know okay <3

The accent he carried when he spoke reminded him of the she wolf Inkeri and he wondered at it. Grey eyes blinked and he spoke softly.

I bring someone speak, Norwegian?

Then he lifted his muzzle into high air. Inkeri he called for her. Explained his reasoning in the howl. She wouldn't be far he hoped.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
-Only the gentle are ever really strong. -
317 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri heeded the leaders call in moments and shifted as she neared. Her body large, but wanting to press it down into the dirt. She however didn't. She moved forward in her paper and ink pelage and offered a timid smile.

Her language flowed from her like a riversong. So long since she had spoken it she missed it.

Hallo. Dette er Kvarsheim. Hvordan kan vi hjelpe deg?

Then she waited with a gentle flick of her tail, being sure to translate for Gunnar as she spoke.

Gunnar can be skipped for now if it's easier for Valtivi to speak in norwegian to Ink
Common
Norwegian

11 Posts
Ooc — delaney
totally fine! <3

embarrassment flames across godslain's cheeks; warming in a humbling way.

his common is horrendous and he knows it as the elderman's words lag in his mind. he does not even know the word used to describe his native tongue!

ah ...— frusteration flutters along his brow, creasing it. fjordic? was what his fae nightingale mother had called it!

another approaches. draped in snows with spilled inks, some faint and some vivid.

she speaks fjordic!

it does not entirely chase away the sting of embarrassment but he focuses upon her as she speaks; the mouthpiece for both men.

jeg kommer og søker et hjem. he tells her, tension melting a bit from stone carved shoulders. jeg er valtivi.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
317 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Gunnar had left her to the things. She felt bad for the man in front of her. It is hard when you come to a new place, and can't speak very good words. And she was alittle distraught that Gunnar had embarrassed him so, but she was sure the older guardian hadn't meant it in that way. Still. He should have done it differently.

She tilted her head and listened closely a smile on her kind face. Black smudged eyes stare into him with their sea green glass.

She translates and then speaks softly. Hva kan du tilby Kvarsheim til hjemmet, for sikkerhets skyld? Og jeg er Inkeri.
Common
Norwegian

11 Posts
Ooc — delaney
jeg er kriger og en strateg. an umbrella term, really.

of war. of the hunt.

a versatile skill that he could apply to almost anything.

a small gust of wind picks up, the trees whisper things that valtivi cannot understand but he finds himself listening all the same.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
317 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Gunnar gave he permission to offer him home and safety and she nodded her head gently. Then turned to the newcomer.

Da er du velkommen til Kvarsheim. Vi har allierte i Riverclan og Swiftcurrent. Jeg kan ta deg en av disse dagene hvis du vil.

She would show him those she could. Teach him Common if she could. She would make sure he understood. He was happy and content.

I lost her speech issue in translation. So you can safely assume she stuttered still. Welcome to Kvarsheim! <3
Common
Norwegian

11 Posts
Ooc — delaney
he is welcomed.

it is quick. quick, like how his queenmother accepted strangers at frostchant's borders.

not drawn out, not interrogated as he would've done.

but! he is grateful. he cuts an awkward glimpse at the elderman draped in robes of gold, at he clear wall of disconnect the language fortress created.

but! inkeri spoke fjordic ...even if she stutters over her words a bit! at least someone in kvarsheim could understand him and that was a small relief.

going to go ahead and wrap this up. <3