Ankyra Sound I'm a war of head vs. heart.
<small><i><font color='#CCC0D4'>o</font><font color='#CCBFD0'>n</font><font color='#CCBECC'>c</font><font color='#CCBDC8'>e</font><font color='#CCBCC3'> </font><font color='#CCBBBF'>m</font><font color='#CCBABB'>o</font><font color='#CCB9B7'>r</font><font color='#CCB8B3'>e</font><font color='#CCB6AE'> </font><font color='#CCB5AA'>i</font><font color='#CCB4A6'>n</font><font color='#CCB3A2'>t</font><font color='#CCB3A2'>o</font><font color='#CCB4A6'> </font><font color='#CCB5AA'>t</font><font color='#CCB6AE'>h</font><font color='#CCB8B3'>e</font><font color='#CCB9B7'> </font><font color='#CCBABB'>f</font><font color='#CCBBBF'>r</font><font color='#CCBCC3'>a</font><font color='#CCBDC8'>y</font></i></small><br><small><i><font color='#CCC3DF'>i</font><font color='#CCC2DC'>n</font><font color='#CCC2D9'>t</font><font color='#CCC1D6'>o</font><font color='#CCC0D3'> </font><font color='#CCBFD0'>t</font><font color='#CCBECD'>h</font><font color='#CCBECA'>e</font><font color='#CCBDC6'> </font><font color='#CCBCC3'>l</font><font color='#CCBBC0'>a</font><font color='#CCBABD'>s</font><font color='#CCB9BA'>t</font><font color='#CCB9B7'> </font><font color='#CCB8B4'>g</font><font color='#CCB7B1'>o</font><font color='#CCB6AE'>o</font><font color='#CCB5AA'>d</font><font color='#CCB5A7'> </font><font color='#CCB4A4'>f</font><font color='#CCB3A1'>i</font><font color='#CCB3A1'>g</font><font color='#CCB4A4'>h</font><font color='#CCB5A7'>t</font><font color='#CCB5AA'> </font><font color='#CCB6AE'>i</font><font color='#CCB7B1'>'</font><font color='#CCB8B4'>l</font><font color='#CCB9B7'>l</font><font color='#CCB9BA'> </font><font color='#CCBABD'>e</font><font color='#CCBBC0'>v</font><font color='#CCBCC3'>e</font><font color='#CCBDC6'>r</font><font color='#CCBECA'> </font><font color='#CCBECD'>k</font><font color='#CCBFD0'>n</font><font color='#CCC0D3'>o</font><font color='#CCC1D6'>w</font></i></small>
3 Posts
Ooc —
For @Caiaphas and/or @Aktaie and anyone else is welcome to join. :)

She'd been an only child, the product of a fiercely loyal High Pristess and her chosen consort. From long before her conception she'd been the center of Sao Nereides' entire world, a product of the wolfess who yearned for daughters she could be proud. Doted on and spoiled rotten, Kharis - later nicknamed "Nyx" for her love of the nighttime, after the Goddess of night and daughter of Chaos - thrived on her mother's attention. Several weeks shy of her first birthday was when Sao came to her to deliver news that her union with Notturno Roux-Abrhen had been blessed once agaon, and it was then that Nyx made the immediate decision that she could not remain in Astarte Strand to be pushed aside in favour of the newborns destined to take her place as apple of her mother's eye.

There were many she-wolves of Astarte Strand who thought Nyx too young, inexperienced and foolish to find her own way in land beyond their place she'd been born to. The High Pristesses, her mother included, had been firm with her in the days leading to her departure; while she would forever have a home with them, the leaders made it crystal clear that it was unlikely she'd be welcomed back with open arms. She would have to solidify her place once more, re-gain the trust of her elders and superiors. And as stubborn and arrogant as her dam before her, Nyx had turned her face away with little concern. Confident that she would not set paw on their sands again, she left the Strand for the first and last time in her whole life with some final, bitter words of farewell to her mother: "Σας εύχομαι γιους, Μητέρα. Και μια πληγή υπενθύμιση ότι δεν ήταν αρκετά για εσάς."

Perhaps it was selfish of her to resent her unborn sisters for stealing her mother's affection, but she truly believed there was not enough to be shared evenly. She'd been an only, beloved child throughout her entire life; Nyx could not deal with the idea of being cast into the background while the new pups were doted on. But she could have better, and create a life of her own elsewhere in a new land, with new wolves. She didn't need her mother to succeed, just as Sao had made it clear that she could survive just fine without her firstborn. Through the grapevine she learned of a brand new Nereides branch pack not far North of her birthplace, and had made her way swiftly along the coast in search of wolves who shared her beliefs.

Tired and a little worse for wear from weeks of lone travel, Nyx found the place she'd been looking for. She lingered on the Sound's outskirts for a short while, testing the air and the ground for scent markers, and found fresh trails. Exhaling a soft sigh of relief, the young siren let her muscles slacken somewhat and tilted her muzzle toward the dim evening sky to announce her presence and request the attention of a siren.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
<style>.forest12 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#494a43; } .forest12 p {padding: 0px 9px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; } .forest12 b {color:#fbfbfd; letter-spacing:-.1px; } .forest12 {background-color:#1a2a34; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/FTTNJWe.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; } .forest12 .float {float:right; width:0px; height:10px; } .forest12 .text {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#94958f; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:18px; width:460px; text-align:justify; padding: 20px 20px 360px 20px; } .forest12-border {width:500px; margin:0 auto; }</style>
As the howl split the splume and crested over the dull roar of the Ocean, the Sound's Warden flinched and drew needle-thin nose from the frothy water. Between her jaws a crab feinted robustly, the dark bluegreen of its carapace gleaming as water riffled off it.

With a crunch her teeth impaled the husk of the crab and at length the crustacean grew subdued. The pincers limp, dull and hulking limbs no longer purported with purpose. It clattered to the sand in a motionless heap with its legs in ridiculous assortment and Caiaphas stepped away.

Gingerly she crossed the wide swath of seastrand until the swallowing visage of copse met her -- and with the accustomed laconism of a thief Caiaphas slipped into the darkness. She was not long in the quivering lull of the wildwood before she glimpsed a wolf of average build with the most striking black gracing her powerful muzzle. Intrigued by those ice-tipped lavender eyes, the incautious wretch pulled closer, her posture resolute and her bearing riddled with haughty ceremony. "Have you reason to be so close to the Sister's alcove?"

this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
<small><i><font color='#CCC0D4'>o</font><font color='#CCBFD0'>n</font><font color='#CCBECC'>c</font><font color='#CCBDC8'>e</font><font color='#CCBCC3'> </font><font color='#CCBBBF'>m</font><font color='#CCBABB'>o</font><font color='#CCB9B7'>r</font><font color='#CCB8B3'>e</font><font color='#CCB6AE'> </font><font color='#CCB5AA'>i</font><font color='#CCB4A6'>n</font><font color='#CCB3A2'>t</font><font color='#CCB3A2'>o</font><font color='#CCB4A6'> </font><font color='#CCB5AA'>t</font><font color='#CCB6AE'>h</font><font color='#CCB8B3'>e</font><font color='#CCB9B7'> </font><font color='#CCBABB'>f</font><font color='#CCBBBF'>r</font><font color='#CCBCC3'>a</font><font color='#CCBDC8'>y</font></i></small><br><small><i><font color='#CCC3DF'>i</font><font color='#CCC2DC'>n</font><font color='#CCC2D9'>t</font><font color='#CCC1D6'>o</font><font color='#CCC0D3'> </font><font color='#CCBFD0'>t</font><font color='#CCBECD'>h</font><font color='#CCBECA'>e</font><font color='#CCBDC6'> </font><font color='#CCBCC3'>l</font><font color='#CCBBC0'>a</font><font color='#CCBABD'>s</font><font color='#CCB9BA'>t</font><font color='#CCB9B7'> </font><font color='#CCB8B4'>g</font><font color='#CCB7B1'>o</font><font color='#CCB6AE'>o</font><font color='#CCB5AA'>d</font><font color='#CCB5A7'> </font><font color='#CCB4A4'>f</font><font color='#CCB3A1'>i</font><font color='#CCB3A1'>g</font><font color='#CCB4A4'>h</font><font color='#CCB5A7'>t</font><font color='#CCB5AA'> </font><font color='#CCB6AE'>i</font><font color='#CCB7B1'>'</font><font color='#CCB8B4'>l</font><font color='#CCB9B7'>l</font><font color='#CCB9BA'> </font><font color='#CCBABD'>e</font><font color='#CCBBC0'>v</font><font color='#CCBCC3'>e</font><font color='#CCBDC6'>r</font><font color='#CCBECA'> </font><font color='#CCBECD'>k</font><font color='#CCBFD0'>n</font><font color='#CCC0D3'>o</font><font color='#CCC1D6'>w</font></i></small>
3 Posts
Ooc —
A she-wolf came to her swiftly, and as soon as Nyx' frosty gaze settled on her greeter's approaching form as it slipped gracefully from between the foliage, she swept into submission. Her head and tail were lowered at once, raven ears slick against her peppered nape, shoulders hunched to make herself appear smaller. She foxed her stare to the other female's slender forelimbs, silent and awaiting her judgement.

When words came, still the young siren did not move despite her surprise at having not been spoken to in her native tongue. "Yes," she answered simply, pausing for a few brief moments to consider her words. Was this creature not of the Nereides bloodline? Or did the wolves of this pack not speak their common language? Blinking, the sterling youth continued: "I am Nyx Nereides, a daughter of Astarte Strand. I seek to make the Sound my home, for I am led to believe that my sisters reside here."

Nyx flicked her tail, mentally kicking herself for having forgotten to bring a gift as her peace offering. It had been tradition in her birthplace for travelling Nereides to present items given by the sea to the established women of the Strand, a token of gratitude for their time. She supposed she could remedy that at a later date, by proving herself worthy of the name she'd inherited.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
<style>.forest12 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#494a43; } .forest12 p {padding: 0px 9px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; } .forest12 b {color:#fbfbfd; letter-spacing:-.1px; } .forest12 {background-color:#1a2a34; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/FTTNJWe.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; } .forest12 .float {float:right; width:0px; height:10px; } .forest12 .text {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#94958f; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:18px; width:460px; text-align:justify; padding: 20px 20px 360px 20px; } .forest12-border {width:500px; margin:0 auto; }</style>
As Caiaphas drew closer, the pewter agouti practically crumbled to the ground -- a posture that signified she was most humble. Caiaphas remained unruffled, her expression inscrutable as she regarded the slate creature. She had answered the Warden's inquiry swift enough, though vaguely Caiaphas thought she detected something in the semblance of bemusement in the female's tone and manner. While the female's explanation had a vein of truth to it, Caiaphas could not blindly trust the word of strangers.

Wickedly, the waif entertained the idea of feigning ignorance and denying the female into the Strand. Unlike Aktaie, Caiaphas was decidedly cruel -- and without remorse for any reprehensible action. However, Aktaie was sick and Caiaphas knew the Strand could benefit from bolstered members. "Is that so?" She inquired slyly, her head tilted to the side as she spoke. "How should I take the word of a stranger?"

3 Posts
Ooc —
Much to Nyx' surprise, the lithe hybrid did not respond in a welcoming manner. Instead of inviting her to join the Sounds ranks with open arms as she'd come to expect, her greeter spoke with a not-so-subtle sly tone. Agitation bubbled within her and she let silence linger between them, uncomfortable and awkward, while she tried to rack her mind for a better explanation and proof of her heritage.

"All I have is my word," she offered, leaving the stage open for the Ankyra wolfess to question her in whatever way she saw fit. "I suppose it's up to you, if you wish to believe it or not. What reason would I have to be dishonest?" Nyx' frosty eyes remained fixed to the forepaws of her superior, eager to maintain her submissive posture and to keep her budding frustration from showing through.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
The silence between them, however interminable and uncomfortable for Nyx, was customary for the wretched Warden. She shrewdly considered Nyx's plaintive words and the nakedness behind them. So few had reasons to lie -- so few were like Caiaphas.

With a circumspect air she gave a roll of her shoulders and her stormy expression slid out to the thunderous gulch of the sea where the waves rose in succession without pause in their onslaught. At this moment the wind scoured the strand and rifled through their fur and Caiaphas was struck with the vulnerability Nyx faced. "μέτρον ἄριστον." She supplied succinctly in her own defense, her words somewhat flippant as she turned away from Nyx and struck down the shore towards the Sound. If Nyx chose to follow her, Caiaphas would allow it. "I hope you're good with puppies?"

But Nyx did not follow her. Caiaphas looked behind her once, and the female was naught to be found. Unphased by this departure, Caiaphas quit the shore and struck towards her grotto to tend to Larus and Kevlyn.