Greatwater Lake now shut your pretty mouth
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

580 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
All Welcome 
With the birth of the angry woman's children, both she and the rest of the pack would be focused on them for a long while. Nazli had already attempted to be of use but had been frightened away from the den, and now sulked in her own hovel. A part of her resented being treated so poorly when she hadn't done anything wrong; but she had to remind herself that this woman, and her people especially, were very different and less civilized than those of Akashingo.
She found herself missing the mesa desperately.
And with Khaba now occupied with his children, she knew he would be too busy to protect her.
The thought of fleeing this place came suddenly as she began to expand her own den, picking at the walls with a few drags of her claws; there was a startling petrichor in the air which meant that rain was on the way, and after a few minutes of thoughtlessly distracting herself with this work, Nazli realized her sleeping place was doomed to flood.
Maybe I should go. She thought — but where?
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
Leaving the den of Zharille for a time, knowing she would want some space with her children, Khaba carried a torn elk leg to the small cove for Nazli.

From the entrance he waited, watching.

Seeing her work like this made him think of Akashingo. It almost made him feel guilty. He'd taken her away from the only life she'd ever known.

You miss it, don't you. He asked, having set the leg down. It wasn't much of a question, for he knew it had to be true.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

580 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
Her thoughts were interrupted.
Khaba had come, bearing gifts meant for the new mother rather than the girl who lurked upon her land; she cast a glance at the large haunch of meat that had been dropped at her door, but did not move to take it. She had done nothing to earn it.
His question - rather, statement - hung in the air without a reply until she turned back to the wall, squaring up to it as if ready to work a little more.
I miss... having a purpose. That was the truth, but only the surface of it.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
She did not miss Akashingo directly, but having purpose.

Then find one for yourself. A barren answer, but he meant it with sincerity. This was her only option.

What can you picture yourself doing here?
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

580 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
His answer was colder than he expected.

It was a difficult thing to accept for Nazli. She had always had a purpose within Akashingo. Finding something of her own design seemed somehow less important, or less... possible. Lesser, regardless, and in some way she could not fully fathom.

I... I could do many things. Akashingo had prepared her for a multitude of duties but the large woman seemed possessive of her lakefront, so it would not work as a bathing place; she did not recognize many of the herbs and plants that grew here, so making a garden - or, gods be gracious, finding a hive to cultivate some strong drink - seemed out of her realm of ability. (Not to mention, imagining the surly woman with any inebriation sounded dangerous).

In the end, Nazli's thoughts remained within her head. She floundered trying to find something to say, and looked to be struggling. What do you want me to do?