Sea Lion Shores the preacher in a t-shirt told me i could be a leader
Rivenwood
Ash

i'd be a believer
if it was all just song and dance
214 Posts
Ooc — Twin
In the span of what must have been only a few minutes but felt more like eons, her attempt at exploration had become something more like a fiasco.
First, the strange man with the scary face proclaimed his lack of desire to cause harm. This, naturally, Dinah did not believe immediately. How do I know that? she grumbles, pearly little teeth poking from under her upper lip. And then, she inundates him with her questions as she begins to circle him, initial fear giving way to feistiness. Who even are you? Why'd you come here? What happened to your face? Do you know my Daddy and my Mama? God's gonna be mad at you if you hurt me, y'know. He says you should be nice to people.
And then, as if it was some cruel joke, out of the corner of her eye, she swore she saw Ava. And upon further inspection, she discovered that she was right. She hadn't even the time to speak or react before Ava toddled her way up to the stranger and stuck her little nose in his face. Bitter at first, but then seeing an opportunity, she decides that Ava could be her shield if this man got any funny ideas. That would teach her a lesson.
But then.
A hideously cartoon-y splashing sound rings in her ears, and when her head turns, she's greeted with the amorphous silhouette of her Daddy barrelling straight for them. He had something in his mouth; what was that? And of course, she hadn't the time to ask. The object is in the stranger's face just as Ava had been only moments prior, and Daddy shouts at him.
Dinah is stunned. Her little jaw falls slack, and all she can think to do is scuttle backwards with her tail woven between her legs. And then, without even thinking, she takes off running as fast as her bony legs could carry her further into the mainland.
Messages In This Thread
RE: the preacher in a t-shirt told me i could be a leader - by Dinah - August 14, 2023, 12:37 PM