Lion Head Mesa y dywysoges
24 Posts
Ooc — mercury
All Welcome 
The halls of Akashingo were different but not so foreign from Mynydd.

Servants still attended to her whims. And though the sun beat down in these corridors, the wind was still cold—and she could still shelter, when need be.

Too cold for bathing—but she strode around the pool regardless, casting her sapphire eyes upon the icy sheet, head slightly cocked.

And stifled a yawn, and stretched low, suddenly tired.

Perhaps a nap was in order.

Oh, no—Akashingo was not much different from the royal palace, after all.

A place of respite, to be sure.
꧁aristocrat꧂
326 Posts
Ooc — Bees
Advisor
of course he'd caught word of the newcomer - how couldn't he? still, the lil' man had been out of luck in catching the foreign thing what had been instituted as another noble among them. was the reason he'd told @Sayf to come his way if the princess was somewhere in the vicinity - like this fine day.

gucci's dogtag announced him as ever, a foreign sound to strangers, no doubt. he pranced into the wellspring cavern with the confidence of a man of status, lifted head and high tail. his intention was a good first impression.

he caught the foreigner's golden fur as he came into the room, and grinned broadly upon his proper entrance.

enjoyin' our fine commodities, miss mad-hurry?
[Image: GUCCISIG.png]
24 Posts
Ooc — mercury
What. . .exactly was she looking at?

Madhuri's head turned toward the call, sapphire eyes landing on a small, plush creature headed her way, calling her name in greeting. She gave him a once-over, brows drawn together.

Everything within her screamed to make some sort of remark.

Courtly manners won out.

Yes, she replied, after a long pause. Very much so. And. . .you are?

They hadn't been acquainted. She resisted the urge to kneel down and get on his level; it felt odd to speak to someone the height of a child. He didn't speak like one, anyway, and he certainly didn't look like a wolf pup.
꧁aristocrat꧂
326 Posts
Ooc — Bees
Advisor
whether he noticed her apprehension and choose not to comment, or was simply oblivious due to his blinding confidence - mattered none. gucci maintained his pleasant smile and smooth, measured wags of his tail.

ah, tucking in a foreleg and lowering his front, gucci preformed a bow. happen tah be georgia honeys veni vidi gucci - although informally, ah'm known as gucci. he flashed the princess his most charming grin.

likewise, ah happen tah be second advisor tah our most charmin' pharaoh, as ah was vizier tah her father afore. you ah do believe tah have identified as our new princess-ly addition. say, miss, is ya stay with us fer a long while, or is ya hope jest tah winter wi' us?
24 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Her head moved in tandem with each of the names tossed at her, face bemused. Two could play at this game, she thought—but she held back her own torrent of monikers for now, focusing instead on what the creature—Gucci, for short—said next.

I haven't decided yet, Madhu said honestly, smiling faintly.

The expression faded somewhat, though only replaced with puzzlement. How did you end up in this place, Gucci? she asked. You'll excuse me for saying so—but I've never seen anyone resembling you among wolves. And the royal family must admire you, given your position.

Her tone was one of curiosity; scorn had fallen away. After all, she'd seen enough of the world to know that not everyone's figure and visage was that of her kin's.
꧁aristocrat꧂
326 Posts
Ooc — Bees
Advisor
the nobleman came nearer, seating himself with all the elegance his frame permitted, wrapping the curve of his tail about himself.

see, in th' first year o' this 'ere noble palace, ah was found in th' wilderness by one Ramesses th' second, who was our first Pharaoh, n whose father was Pharaoh in lands away fram these.

mah own, hm, people had abandoned me tah starve, but ah was naive 'n' loyal. three days ah trembled, exposed tah th' elements, tah beasts 'n' sickness 'n' wha' nawt, expectin' them tah return. third day arose, n there instead came Ramesses in all-a 'is radiance, n he spoke tah me o' akashingo, n all followed 'im there. his then-wife, queen satsu, bestowed upon me rank o' nobleman, n ah've kept it since, passin' it on tah mah own issue.

gucci smiled pleasantly to think of his little family.

n you, miss madhuri? what's brought ya tah these lands?
24 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Her head canted in rhythm of the story, shaking slowly at his conclusion in wonderment. Praise the Pharaoh who brought you in, she said fervently (or at least feigning such). As to his question—

Oh, nothing that exciting, Madhu replied, flippant. I'm just traveling, and sought a place to stay for the winter. Somewhere that met my standards, she added, pale brows raised sardonically.

My father is king of Mynydd, she explained. Taliesin, son of Llewellyn the Great, second of his name. My father inherited the throne just two moons ago and I was sent to find Moonspear—they took Llewellyn in during the civil war. I was asked to inform them of his death, and to extend our gratitude.

She sighed, then smiled faintly, shrugging. I'm not needed there as of now. . .so why not travel? Madhuri reasoned.