Ankyra Sound put the alchemist to flight
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
aw, but tagging @Caiaphas <3

<style type="text/css">q {font-family: 'Gentium Basic'; font-style: strong; font-size: 16px; color: #4d924d; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #99C199;} p {margin: 40px 80px 0px 80px; font-family: 'Georgia', serif; color:#000000; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; font-size:20px'} </style>

the beta left the rocky edges of his home early that morn, for he sought the changing ermine-pelts, the coats worn by the thin beasts, caught in the transition betwixt summerfall and winterkiss. yet his steps led him in faint apathy toward the burn of brine, and he blinked as the salt air stung his nostrils, his eyes.

yet he did not step too close to the borders; taltos did not truly wish to be seen. he was merely curious about the rites of the wolves here; surely they were witches in their own right, and had not the earthen servant bound himself tightly to the plateau, he might have been tempted to offer himself upon the altar of their matriarchal hatred.

Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
HI

Dawnbreak called Caiaphas from the lethargy of her den, and with cumbersome, sleep-ridden steps she surfaced into the keenly lit world. Rheumy-eyed, she progressed slowly, often issuing prolific yawns at intervals. The cold nipped her and urged her to press on swiftly -- before she knew it she was well past the span of sea and in the cimmerian palm of the sequioa forest.

She supposed she should spend the rest of morning inspecting the borders, and as the pack's only Warden, it certainly seemed a good idea. She had every intention of upholding this duty until she came across the distinctly fresh tread of a male she recognized as one affiliated with the Plateau. She recalled easily their last encounter -- it had been more whimsical and pleasant than most -- as it seemed, she had no problem actively seeking him. She nosed about the wide boughs and fallen pinestraw for him, yet it seemed he had no intention of being revealed -- with an exasperated sigh she threw back her head and called quite plainly for the russet-fringed man to expose himself.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
HI U

<style type="text/css">q {font-family: 'Gentium Basic'; font-style: strong; font-size: 16px; color: #4d924d; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #99C199;} p {margin: 40px 80px 0px 80px; font-family: 'Georgia', serif; color:#000000; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; font-size:20px'} </style>

eldritch light filtered down as lasher heeded her call without compunction, stepping from behind an aged red bole. seawitch, he lilted in a gently teasing fashion, reminiscent of their last encounter. though now the woman wore a veil of renewed confidence across her elfin features, taltos approached her with an intimacy that bespoke his confidence in their dissemblance from the normalcy of the world roundabout — she was a creator of spells, and he a servant to such.

Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
The dark-furred man revealed himself shortly after Caiaphas' entreating howl -- and as he strode forth from the shaded fronds Caiaphas was once more reminded that males in the outside world were not subjected to the Nereides' custom. Often times she felt out of place, addressing these wolves as equals. The High Priestesses and the Matriarch would have found her behavior most unsavory.

The male's quip was met with a generous grin, though it faded quickly as she recalled her post. Resigning to a somewhat more business-like mein, she stopped in her tracks -- her expression curious as she awaited a explanation's delivery.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony

the bloom of her beam was mirrored upon his own lips, yet it did not wither as had her buoyant simper. the witch's bearing had changed, and the scent of the sea was full upon her — lasher interpreted the woman's stance to mean that the nereides had undergone a change in their ranks.

i bring congratulations, he intoned, making a gently teasing leg of it before his eyes brightened and he fixed them buttonlike upon her own. i came only out of curiosity, as before, the servant lilted in rejoinder to her unspoken inquiry.

Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
The silver waif had not considered her recent ascension to be so transient -- yet in retrospect, it bore clearly on her countenance and on the leaves and trees and all aspects of the earth between them. She canted her head in appreciation, her black-lined eyelids folded softly in acknowledgment. Yet the second part of his statement caused her to rise inwardly, a small frown threatening to outbreak against her features.

She considered Lasher an affable man, an admirable one -- but the Nereides' writ was not to be overturned. She remained stoic in this regard, though for a fleeting second it seemed she considered entertaining him wholly. "And what is this curiosity that brings you here?" She drove the conversation back to him, hoping briefly to assay any probing questions regarding her clan.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony

i used to serve witches, the man revealed, a longing tone to his otherwise carefree voice — 'twas bittersweet thoughts of suzanne and deborah that had brought him to the high priestess' shores this day. it was a role for which i was well-fitted. perhaps i came here to yearn for it again.

all at once, the gaiety fled his frame, and his own features fell into a saddened disarray. he had trekked here to tease her, not to pine for what was beyond the brine-flecked darkness of her coat.

Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Lasher spoke and his admittance caused a wave of skepticism in Caiaphas' opinion of the male. She had not pegged him as a man of magic -- with a sidelong glance she studied him, wondering surely that this was some sort of guise.

Yet all doubt was fleeting then, when she saw the crumpled demeanor of the ruddy male. She lifted her narrow muzzle to the cold and sniffed, a frown riddling her countenance. Spyridon would likely not like the competition (nor the company) but Caiaphas knew the Sound needed males. "Used to." She reaffirmed solemnly, her gaze trailing his form until at last it held in some vague area near his cheek. "But you have a post now." The statement was without dismissal; yet a semblance of penitence lingered in the air between them.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony

yes, he rejoined, moving closer to the woman but for a step. i will worship at the altars from afar. he did not mean it as a joke — his spirituality had been sorely neglected as of late. and children; soon the spawn of himself and blue willow would be earthside, and he needed not to lust so pathetically after that which could not be.

would you begrudge me this? taltos asked in a hummed monotone, eyes settling upon the woman named for the highest of priests who had once condemned a holy man unto death; perhaps she too would crucify his heart upon her edict that he not return.

Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
we will have to thread soon!! [mate]

She was not sympathetic to the umber man's cause -- though her lack of empathy was not because her concern for the man was absent. It was simply put, that he was a stranger -- and she could not defy the testament of her people or the safety of their lives by engaging in frolicsome and careless practices with him.

She frowned at the realization that their meeting was unsavory in the eyes of the Sisters, and an angular ear pressed to the side. "Yes." She answered at length with a faint tinge of apology to her tone. Without much else in the way of a conversation she departed his company, keeping a watchful eye on him until he too turned to leave the strand.