Noctisardor Bypass gobsmacked, don’t hesitate to maybe overcompensate
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
672 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Heda concurred with her, so Etienne’s response really caught her by surprise. She blinked a few times, then threw her sister a questioning look. Was that true? She knew firsthand that he wasn’t the most pleasant man but Heda had never mentioned anything explicitly for or against Anselm.

Is this true? she questioned softly after letting Etienne finish. Voice lowering still, she muttered into Heda’s ear, I’m sorry, I didn’t know or I wouldn’t have said what I said…

Where did that leave them? Heda was right: they could really use Etienne’s help right now. He needed to consult with Anselm but he refused to bring him here. Did that mean he would be staying with them and leaving his friend behind? That didn’t sit right with Druid.

Her heart was beating fast again. She tried to take a few deep breaths, though suddenly her breakfast wasn’t sitting as well as before. Druid moaned, sensing that she was on the verge of vomiting. What if more of her teeth came out in the process? The thought made her feel strangely woozy.

She swayed a little, then planted her feet and carefully eased herself onto the ground, throwing a dark foreleg over her face. She fought against encroaching dizziness and queasiness, panting harshly now against her own fur. Druid trembled a little from the effort and knew the last of her energy was gone.

But she won the fight. The sensations slowly passed and she slid her leg away to blink at the other two. Druid didn’t make a move otherwise. She would rest here a while, she decided, and then ask Heda to help her to their den in Dawnleaf.

As for Etienne, he and her sister would have to sort out what to do. Druid just wanted to get home and sleep until it was time to give birth.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: gobsmacked, don’t hesitate to maybe overcompensate - by Druid - March 05, 2024, 10:49 PM