Ouroboros Spine cedarwood
Brecheliant
Family
337 Posts
Ooc — ebony
All Welcome 
quick lil random dinner activity <3

she bustled! now that a good deal of the nausea had cleared, now that chickadee had come to acceptance with her own pregnancy, she found energy once more. "i asked @Galana to bring anything she wanted to dinner," she exulted to @Kivaluk
the small clearing outside their den had been cleared, then cleared again. she had lain out fine pelts and tried to imitate the ways of kukutux with pieces of birchbark. for her contributions, chickadee had put out a trout so fresh its scales still shone with clear droplets of water against its bed of ferns, a slimy collection of tadpoles, and bits of edible greenery that was mostly for show.
"now. what will you add to our table?" she teased her mate, winking his direction as she craned her neck to see if galana was nearly here!
Brecheliant
Raven*
378 Posts
Ooc — delaney
chickadee had put on quite a spread. he pretends to study it with a critical eye, swiping a small slug to taste test. in truth, he had no idea how to put out such a showy spread such as this, utterly lacked her eye for decoration. he was the hunter and what she was able to cook up with what he brought home was always a surprise he looked forward to.

looks great, he tells her earnestly, with a soft kiss to her cheek; before he slips away to bring to their table what he'd been able to hunt down. he brought two fat quails 'round and laid them down, grinning sheepishly as he slinks away to let her arrange them how she'd like them.

he comes back with a small nest of quail eggs last, sitting that down in the bed of greens, hoping he hadn't ruined her presentation.

it's not much, he's a bit chagrined. he was first hunter after all! but it was a good spread for what he could do with the time frame he'd been given.

it hides the fact that he is nervous behind his easy grin, generally unsure of how galana would take the news. she was his sister, yes, but she had grown up without him and she was far from the small cub he'd tried his best ( and failed ) to protect even after their mother had left ( again ). she was a woman grown now!
Moonglow
Gamma
91 Posts
Ooc — bee
so sorry this took so long :,D

she slowly stepped into the clearing, looking low and high at all the wonderful decorations. galana had been able to smell the wonderful layout as she made her way to their ulaq. the red-furred girl did not announce herself, she watched for a quiet moment with a smile as chickadee bustled with life and energy. even kivaluk seemed to take to decorating as he made his adjustment to the table.

"sistraa, it's- beautiful." had she ever smiled so much?

"kiva," she greeted her brother as well, her tail spinning with almost comical quickness behind her. 

"was uh... bested... by the rabbit i intended to bring." her ears turned downwards with the embarrassment as she let out a trailing laugh.

chickadee had made it hard to feel such emotions, she had never seen judgement in the blackthorn girl's eyes.
[Image: d3jp7hf-0664de4f-6cb0-4493-b8fd-98f26181...0z5sj-61nQ]

Brecheliant
Family
337 Posts
Ooc — ebony
no worries at all! <3

"are you kidding? those are the fattest birds i ever saw!" chickadee exclaimed, bringing herself up to kiss kivaluk's cheek.
galana came then, chagrined in her lack of dish, but the moonthorn waved it off and motioned the other closer for a hug. "well, i guess it's his lucky day. we have more than enough," she decided, and settled herself, hoping they'd do the same.
they could get into things shortly, chickadee thought, smiling at the siblings. "it's good to have kukutux home. i almost thought she'd keep traveling."
Brecheliant
Raven*
378 Posts
Ooc — delaney
he greets galana with a soft embrace, settling beside chickadee; heart beating with a fullness as he takes in the scene. sitting beside his expecting wife, in a family dinner with his little sister ... who wasn't so little anymore! years spent chasing what he was feeling right now is enough to almost overwhelm him; rushing up his throat to where he almost chokes on the soft breath he draws in.

easily, he can imagine these dinners with their children sharing their adventures with their aunt and his smile is a bit watery.

he can only hope that galana doesn't take their departure to brecheliant poorly.

the uncertainty tempers his buoyancy a bit; but he carefully tucks it away.

hunts aren't always successful, he offers in soft reassurance to galana's words. prey slips away from me, too. and he was first hunter!

mhm, kivaluk murmurs in quiet agreement to chickadee's words, having nothing to add. what are your plans for the summer, galana? will you stay here or travel? asks kivaluk conversationally, knowing his sister has a wandering spirit. it was not something he'd inherited though the gene appeared to run rampant from both his parents.
Moonglow
Gamma
91 Posts
Ooc — bee
drunk... asf. sorry for typos if any LOL

the cardinal girl embraced her brother and then watched him settle beside his love, afterward mirroring across the makeshift table, save for a love. galana thought of peregrine for a moment, then excused it as a silly thought. it was far to soon.

"i'm liking the idea of staying for now. can visit arrluk and ajei, spend time with peregrine. bring in some, you know- successful hunts." she laughed, smiling towards the two.

she waited to eat, an unconscious fear of beginning to soon as she stared meticulously at the pair.
[Image: d3jp7hf-0664de4f-6cb0-4493-b8fd-98f26181...0z5sj-61nQ]

Brecheliant
Family
337 Posts
Ooc — ebony
no it was perf <3

chickadee started to flutter like her namesake bird beneath the intent look of galana; she'd wanted to wait till after they'd eaten, and so took one of the quail eggs and savored it. "let's not wait, i am so hungry all the time!" the moonthorn woman exclaimed.
besides, with her mouth full, she couldn't look so nervous about the news they were about to break.
she glanced at kivaluk, smirking. "he had to teach me to swim, actually, galana, never be ashamed of anything ever again in your life!" she said, self-deprecating even as her sweet grin shifted to her sister in law.
Brecheliant
Raven*
378 Posts
Ooc — delaney
kivaluk picks up on the fact that chickadee was stalling, whether his wife knew she was doing it or not. and though he was nervous about telling galana, he'd much rather rip the bandage off and get it over with. let her go thru her emotions and deal with them as they came.

that's good, kivaluk murmurs to galana between small bites, following chickadee's direction. there's plenty of adventures to find in moonglow. you just gotta know where to look for 'em. he grins around a bite of bird.

and while at the dinner table wasn't probably the best time to talk about it, kivaluk struggles to keep is contained. speaking of adventures, he segues into it with a soft clear of his throat. chickadee and i are moving to brecheliant.

he isn't sure that he feels the immediate balm of getting it out in the air between them, at least he's not holding it between his teeth like a hive of furious bees anymore. at least it isn't stinging his tongue.