Hoshor Plains dawncloud
Brecheliant
Family
336 Posts
Ooc — ebony
All Welcome 
too shy to visit any of the other camps, chickadee split her time between where brecheliant had made their temporary respite, and the bustling moonglow shelters.
her muscles ached from hauling hides and hunting herbs; as night fell she was happy to get away, breathing the good cold air as she curiously watched the bison milling to and fro, unbothered by the spectacle of wolves.
Moonglow
Eta
writing letters addressed to the fire
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Like Chickadee, Araidne had divided her time between the various chores that needed to be done before the hunt began and spending time with her village. Although there wasn't much she could do, given her injury, she tried her best to help where needed.

It'd been a long day, but she couldn't settle for some reason. She figured that a walk might help her burn off her excess energy, and before going, she let @Kaluktuk know where she was going and that she wouldn't be too long. Her trail led her along the river and toward the bison. Soon enough, there was a figure in the distance, and she quickly recognized it as Chickadee.

I never got the chance to thank you personally for the turkey, she called; Kivaluk's intended was not the one she had a problem with, and she had no problem striking up a conversation with her.
Brecheliant
Family
336 Posts
Ooc — ebony
ariadne turned out to be a wonderfully beautiful young woman, so close in age to chickadee herself that it was easy to think immediately of her own sisters with a pang of homesickness. "oh! it was no trouble," she said with a sidelong grin. "i'm glad you could put it to use."
having no idea of the feelings between ariadne and her mother, chickadee was able to focus only on the fact that she and the other woman were both, maybe, going to be mothers in the spring. the thought clenched her belly; she spun away from it. "your nephew salaksartok ran into kaluktuk the other day. it was nice to see them talking. i'll teach him the word for uncle, akka, i think."
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Ah, yes, Ariadne replied. You fed many mouths. It was a delicious treat for the other villagers and me. She licked her chops at the memory; turkey was a rarity in her territory.

Although she'd heard that Kaluktuk and Salaksartok had met, Chickadee's knowledge of her language and her intentions warmed her heart. I know Kaluktuk would like that very much, she said, her voice soft and expression softer. And that I do, too.
Brecheliant
Family
336 Posts
Ooc — ebony
she ducked her head at ariadne's obvious pleasure, feeling shy and happy that she had done something for moonsong. it spoke to her burgeoning skills as a hunter, something she had been cultivating since coming to stay in moonglow.
god, she was curious about ariadne and kaluktuk, how they had met! how she felt about the whole kinship thing. the upset of kivaluk lodged itself in her mind and kept her from delving more deeply.
in a way, she felt much younger than ariadne. she was not the head of a village; she was only just settling, it felt.
"maybe i can bring the rest of the kids to your camp later. i'm sure they'd like to see you again."
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
If it is okay with Vairë, we would love that, Ariadne said. I have brought antlers and hooves to chew, so that would be perfect for them—dired meat, too, in case you are interested. What is mine is yours. She had come prepared for all sorts of guests; there was even something special she'd brought for Kukutux, just in case they met.

Our camp is across the river from Moonglow's, and a little further southwest in a cluster of trees. It was quaint, but they had enough space to camp comfortably. She turned to look over her shoulder and motioned towards the area. She'd hung some furs to protect them from the elements and laid some meat she'd been drying before the trip to continue to dehydrate.

As Ariadne invited Chickadee, she realized she knew little about the young woman who'd captured Kivaluk's heart. She wanted to change that, especially with how generous she'd been as of late. So, tell me, she invited. What is your story? How did you find yourself at Moonglow?
Brecheliant
Family
336 Posts
Ooc — ebony
chickadee glanced that direction, noting the location of the snug small camp. moonsong held a lot of interesting individuals, and she wondered if she'd be meeting them all at some point.
ariadne' next question felt like an opportunity to gush about kivaluk; her eyes brightened and her lips parted, but at the last moment she shoved down the excitement and tried to answer more demurely.
"well i was born a blackthorn in brecheliant. i didn't disperse well, got pretty lost. kivaluk found me and brought me home," she said, an aching expression filling her eyes as she spotted her betrothed in the crowd.
"he taught me to swim and kukutux took me right in. sometimes it feels like i lived there longer. anyway, i won't ramble," as there still felt like several outside walls against this conversation, "but he's genuinely so great."
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
There were walls between them that Ariadne wished to break down, but that would require a conversation regarding Kivaluk that she wasn't prepared for. So, as Chickadee gushed over her intended, Ariadne watched, expressionless, as she tried to choose the words that would hurt the least.

I hope to meet this great guy one day, she said, voice quiet as she rolled her shoulders. He has shown me nothing but disrespect, but I hope we can put that behind us when we both hurt less—especially when children are involved.
Brecheliant
Family
336 Posts
Ooc — ebony
meet him?
chickadee blinked. the family math wasn't adding up; ah, she stared at ariadne for a moment.
"isn't he —"
her mouth was going dry —
"like, isn't he your brother? that's what he said. so even if it's not blood or whatever," the little bird tweeting until she tripped, "he's upset. you should hear him out."
her eyes had widened a little, she scrambled. "my sister isn't really stoked about me being in moonglow. she wants me back in brecheliant with our parents. i hear her out because even though she pisses me off and hurt my feelings, she's my sister."
a paw, raised. "i don't know what he said to you. i'm — sorry that he was harsh." but dwin had been harsh, and judgmental. and she had a right to be, even if chickadee hated to admit it.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
My interactions with him have always been limited, she explained; Kivaluk was never a sibling she'd sought out for companionship, even before this whole debacle. She wanted to elaborate and explain how he rudely barged in on one of her most important conversations. How he had trampled all over her heart with his hissy fit; he was a boy, not a man.

But instead, she exhaled and placed a paw on Chickadee's shoulder, seeking her eyes. I will speak no more of this because this is not your burden. He means a lot to you, and I am happy for you both.

I am sorry you are also having issues with your sibling. She did not want the other woman to hurt, so she embraced her. I am sorry you are facing opposition for something so important to you. For something that brings you great joy.
Brecheliant
Family
336 Posts
Ooc — ebony
feeling like ariadne was retreating, and swiftly, chickadee hummed aloud, "listen. they have to sort all this out, you know. but that doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't talk about it." aware she'd strayed into a place of pain for the moonsong leader, chickadee would let it go there.
"you're not a burden. remember that. i'm the only one not involved in what's going on," she added with a wry grin, before she saw something among the members of the herd. "oh, look! there's — horses? antelope?" she said, trying to guess what the tall and leggy animals could be.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Chickadee made a good point; they didn't need to teeter around the topic, and maybe talking about it would help them all come to a solution. I know, she said, huffing. It just ... hurts. My own anaa does not see my side and is choosing his. She'd always thought she'd have her mother to count on, but that wasn't the case. She rubbed one of her temples and shook her head; there had been an attempt.

A distraction presented itself when the conversation was taking a turn for the worse. Ariadne perked and turned her attention towards the herd, searching for what Chickadee had spotted. Finally, after what felt like forever, she spotted it: it was hooved and leggy. Is that a horse? she asked, unsure.
Brecheliant
Family
336 Posts
Ooc — ebony
ah. that sucked a lot. chickadee didn't know what that looked like, given the fact that maia had always been very supportive of all her endeavours.
"i think it is," chickadee answered, though her mind was on the thing that had been said before. "mothers worry because they love us. they want us to be happy. just prove to her you're happy." her eyes shone. "i know i am."
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Fade here?

I am happy, too, she said, more determined than genuine as she felt her frustration. I wish she could see that.

With a frown, she turned her attention back to the hunt. Should we see what these weird horse-things do? she invited.
Brecheliant
Family
336 Posts
Ooc — ebony
sure!

"yes!" chickadee chirped. there was nothing more to be said about ariadne's mother, she felt; it was going to work out or it wasn't.
and so for the remainder of the last hours she stayed with the moonsong leader, exploring their curiosity around the odd beasts.