Redhawk Caldera we're thieves in a world that dont want us no more
Brecheliant
Family
336 Posts
Ooc — ebony
All Welcome 
today chickadee was running.
first she ran laps around her siblings. then she raced around maia. she parkoured off eljay's paws.
and then she got her first wild idea, and headed away from the den.
but this time chickadee did not stop. she ran as fast as she was able, aiming to reach the treeline if someone did not catch her.
44 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Katniss was roaming around the outskirts of the territory of a pack, when she noticed something odd. A pup, no older than a month and a half, was running towards the trees. Out of concern for the pups safety, she crossed the border and blocked its path, so it didn't ram into the trees. "Hey pup, you seem too young to be on your own, shouldn't you be in your den?" The young shewolf asked soft and kindly.
~Signature~
-
Katniss is a friendly wolf and will often approach others in hope of a friendly conversation. She will become submissive if challenged, and will choose peace over fighting, but if attacked she will fight back
-
OOC My pronouns are he/him, and just so people are aware, I am a younger member between the ages of 13-17, but I’m comfortable with mature topics.
Brecheliant
Family
704 Posts
Ooc — Me
Chapter 5

Day 42 of established existance

Received on-board computer system update. Windows 1.0x. GPS installed. Precision - lacking. Sight and sound radars working. Parent radar evasion prograrm in development. [size=small]Armoured personall vehicle on the go.

Situation: tracking-tailing program activated
Mood: defensive

End of update

It was Dwin's sincere personal belief that if someone was to be the first to discover Terra incognita beyond the confines of the den she shared with her family, it would be her. Seeing Dee having the same aspirations now, made her forget the trench digging she had been involved in before. Without a second glance back, she followed her sister some steps behind, eager to catch her and, if lucky, do her favourite past-time of sandviching her sister between her and the Earth. This was, however, forgotten immediately, when a strange figure stepped out of the trees, stood in Dee's way and spoke. Dwin came to a halt. Deliberated briefly. And then.

Awrowrowrowroorooro! ROO-rooo-rooo!

While still within a safe distance from the stranger, she put everything in her voice to alert that something BIG and SCARY and UNKOWN had appeared. Maybe someone would hear that. 
[/size]
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,520 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia was not typically a fighter. She was a little panicked when two of the children left her sight, taking advantage of the fact that she had the other two to keep together. The instant someone was there to keep them corralled Maia went after her daughters, breaking into a run when she heard Ceridwen's howl. It all turned into full blown panic.

Normally her first instinct was friendly. She'd welcomed any of the pack to play with her children, but this wolf was a stranger and she was inside where she shouldn't be. Maia let loose perhaps the first growl in years and charged to get between the children and this stranger. Her stomach was leaden with ice, and she shook as she stood there, but the growl that continued to roll forth said if she didn't back off, the mother would make her. It didn't matter how afraid Maia was.
26 Posts
Ooc —
assuming that they're closer to the border than the den site based on the presence of a trespasser, kick me if this is wrong! <3
castor had kept well away from the scent of milk and pups, aware of his place in the pack as a newcomer. so when the scent found him, he was more than a little surprised. he trailed it only a short distance before he heard the tiny howl, and moments later a deep adult growl.
there was no time to think about it. ignoring the state of his injuries and the price he would undoubtedly pay later for this, he darted forward to clear the last of the distance, mirroring maia's defensive stance toward the stranger and adding his own low growl. notably, he kept distance between himself and her children even still, all too experienced with the potential for redirection of a mother's wrath.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
sorana and reyes. reyes and sorana.
but there was a child howling. teya looked up from where she was about to ford the lake back to the little island. the raven whirled and dashed toward the sound.
she found chickadee, ceridwin, maia, and castor, along with a stranger who was too far over their border.
the rage of the last several months unleashed. the interloper had been warned. 
she bulled beyond her packmates and lunged for the trespasser's cheek.
[Image: zTO57rj.png]
Brecheliant
Family
336 Posts
Ooc — ebony
last post for chickadee, can be PPed!

chickadee balked.
there was something new here. her little nose wiggled. instinct told her to stay back. 'dwin's voice lifted. the puppy looked around. "sissah?"
mama was there. chickadee frisked in place, delighted to see her, but ears lay back when castor arrived too. something was wrong. the girl shrank back, turning to run toward her sibling, her little legs running faster when the leader arrived.
44 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Katniss flattened her ears as a submissive move, dodging the strike a wolf threw at her cheek. She backed up, holding a low, submissive pose. "I'm sorry for trespassing. I noticed your pup here all alone, then her sister following, and I was worried about them. I know I shouldn't have crossed the border, and I apologize. I can leave now." She told the family.

I'm looking for Katniss to join a pack, not rlly sure how to though, so if it'd be cool I'd like to have her request to join the pack, if thats ok. if not lmk and I'll have her leave.
~Signature~
-
Katniss is a friendly wolf and will often approach others in hope of a friendly conversation. She will become submissive if challenged, and will choose peace over fighting, but if attacked she will fight back
-
OOC My pronouns are he/him, and just so people are aware, I am a younger member between the ages of 13-17, but I’m comfortable with mature topics.
Brecheliant
Family
704 Posts
Ooc — Me
Is it better to be feared? Or respected. And I say... is it too much to be asked for both?

I humbly present... the BRECHELIANT!

*AC/DC "Back in Black" in the background*

It was evident that, though instinctively 'Dwin had realized that this stranger was not welcome here, she also did not fully grasp the potential of danger. Here she stood tall and proud after hollering at top of her lungs and she even straightened up, when she heard pounding footfalls behind her. And not just one set of four paws, but several. This was her movie moment - standing tall and proud with adults flying past her like long-range missiles. Only fireworks were lacking, but that she would come up with later. 

She caught Dee's gaze and fear in hers, made her even more determined to stand her A4 size plot of ground and defend her sibling. She greeted her with a wagging tail and a reassuring look, then she turned to watch the events unfold. 

Cameo from here now on. You may refer to her as sticking with Chickadee.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,520 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia was overstimulated and quickly overwhelmed. Chickadee ran behind and grouped with her sister, but she didn't immediately recognize the man who came up alongside her. She turned her growl towards him too, shrinking back and tensing even further, until Teya joined the scene.

The first stranger seemed apologetic and the second she slowly realized was a packmate. Maia's growl died slightly but she didn't relax and didn't speak. She would be on edge until she no longer felt outnumbered and pressed, and all she wanted to do was snatch up her children and bolt back towards home. Unfortunately she couldn't carry both and she didn't want to scare them further. They were going to get an earful when she got them home. Her heart hammered in her chest and she hoped, with every bit of her, that no fight broke out.
44 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Katniss just joined a pack, so I'm just going to have her leave since this would've taken place prior, so I don't need a pack for her anymore

Katniss could sense the mothers tense-ness so she decided it'd be best if she just left. The young shewolf dipped her head and took off for the border, and into the wild land beyond.
~Signature~
-
-
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
The commotion caused Bronco to lift his head. Patrolling was something he felt obliged to do, though it gave him some anxiety to tread along the borders of the neutral territory. Normally, he avoided the areas that triggered more painful memories, but when there came a building clamour of voices from near the forested area, he tensed. It was where he, Fennec and Alyx had once fought off a trespassing cougar. 

He balked, and would have avoided the scene entirely had he not caught the high timbre of a child’s voice in the mix. He didn’t recognize the sound of Maia’s growl, as it was something he’d never heard her utter before, but he sensed the urgency and with trepidation making his paws feel like lead, he made his way toward the commotion.

He did not know the names for two of the wolves who belonged to his pack, but the posturing and placement of all involved made it clear enough which one was the offending trespasser. He was still yards away when the female turned tail and ran. 

The children appeared unharmed, and the two other adults who’d come to fend the trespasser off seemed well enough- ruffled, but not injured. Maia drew his concern, though- there was a faraway stare in her eyes that looked to him like shock. So he ambled toward her, demure and calm in the wake of the calamity, and reached out to touch his nose to her shoulder, gently, as though to wake her from a dream. ”Maia,” He said, quietly.
26 Posts
Ooc —
castor out!
the girl tried to explain herself, only to choose to run at the last moment. castor bolted after her, hot on her heels but lacking any intent to do real damage. he would see her out of the territory - and later, when things had calmed down, he decided he would find maia. preferably without her children nearby.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
the girl cowered and began to speak. teya kept up her snapping until the stranger thought better of it and took off.
her heart was pounding: castor's lunge after the interloper was impetus for her own, and she pursued for half as much time. the raven snorted, sinking into a proud squat to mark along the border. clumps of earth flew into the air as she slashed warning marks in the ground.
only then did teya return to maia and bronco and the children, stepping to inspect the little ones before she glanced to her friend. her eyes were worried.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,520 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia calmed down and was immediately ashamed when the packmate she'd growled at took off after the stranger, but she couldn't go after him to apologize yet. Bronco was there looking at her and so was Teya and Maia immediately wanted to sink into the ground and disappear completely.

She'd been taken back to the forest and the stranger and an attack without any warning. Last time she hadn't even managed to run away successfully and this time... this time she'd stood her ground but known, clearly, she wasn't enough to protect them if someone wanted to get past her. It didn't matter if she knew she'd try her hardest.

Adrenaline and embarrassment made her throat tight. Sorry, she said softly, to neither of them in particular, and she turned to look at Ceridwen and Chickadee rather than meeting their eyes. I'm.... we should get back. She didn't have the heart or the energy to bring up her daughters' mischief in coming here. She was just happy right now that they were safe.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Maia seemed rattled, as far as Bronco could tell, but he could understand why. She feared for her children and their safety, and this had been a close call. Fortunately, they’d intercepted the stranger, whose intentions had perhaps not been malignant, as no harm had befallen the pups…But not all strangers would be so benign. The encounter might make Maia paranoid for some time. Bronco felt like he knew the feeling. Once the kids were old enough to wander, they couldn’t really be controlled.

Maia suggested they head back and he nodded. He moved like a shepherd to stand between the pups and the direction the stranger had gone, and gestured with his muzzle for them to follow their Mom. ”C’mon critters.” He encouraged softly.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
last for me!

teya nodded at the two, her eyes still resting on maia. the woman gathered her children and bronco accompanied her back. 
because she did not understand exactly who he was to the auspex's mate, she was a little suspicious. or maybe that was due to her own failing r —
the raven performed a sharp about-face. she would trot off toward the borders again, and spend a long while refreshing them.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,520 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
She appreciated Bronco's help and, between the two of them, they ushered them back to safety. She would praise Ceridwen for calling out, but also make sure both understood how dangerous it was to run so far alone. There was a time when the stranger just immediately backing down would have been enough. She'd learned since then that appearances could hide a lot of things.

Later she would tell Eljay what had happened here, then go find Castor and apologize. She hoped she hadn't made him feel too badly for just trying to help. Why was she such a spaz anytime anything happened?