tall girl with a stone constitution (tethys/eos adept ritual)
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
@tethys @eos take your time but i figured i would throw up our 'adept' thread! this time of year is busy for everyone so no rush :)

Caiaphas scurried about her small shrine, worrying each aspect of the meticulously arranged offerings with filthy, outspread paws. She had arranged a small bouquet of garden-variety kelp -- an outstanding decor of shattered conch and whelk -- and even the gruesome skull of their most recent sacrifice sat broodingly on the shrine, with high cheeks outpoured and black, cavernous holes for eyes staring immensely upward.

She tittered, proud of her arrangement -- and with a tremulous howl summoned for both Tethys and Eos. The two had committed various acts that proved their worthiness to the Sisters -- and today they would be accepted and recognized as Adepts in the Nereides clan; an honor bestowed to few females born out of the familial pack. It was time they were rewarded for their valor, for their permanence -- and Caiaphas was ready to recognize their importance to the Sound.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
<i><div><span style="color:#870a0a;">b</span><span style="color:#821416;">l</span><span style="color:#7e1d22;">o</span><span style="color:#79272e;">o</span><span style="color:#74303a;">d</span><span style="color:#6f3a46;"> </span><span style="color:#6b4351;">&</span><span style="color:#664d5d;"> </span><span style="color:#615669;">r</span><span style="color:#5c6075;">u</span><span style="color:#586981;">s</span><span style="color:#53738d;">t</span></div></i>
31 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The naiad had spent the better portion of her day collecting various stalks of seaweeds and kelps for her cache of supplies. The Sound had been quiet. Eos had not noticed many cross their borders since the incident had occurred with the stray female and their grey-furred drudge. It had been an occurrence that she did not think to question. Caiaphas knew best, and so the willowy sea-wolf would follow her Alpha to the ends of the ocean. Ankyra was her home and she would do well to protect the lands that had offered her reprieve from her – seemingly – endless wandering.

When the call fell on her ears, the naiad cast a peculiar expression in the direction of her leader’s voice. With a quick flick of her tail, Eos organized the remainder of her seaweed and exited through the mouth of her den, setting off at a brisk trot. The winter air was not treating them well. With each crash of the waves, the sea-wolf could feel her skin bristle with the frigid winds that carried it. With the numbers dwindling, Eos had begun to worry about their means of survival. Prey was scarce on the beachside, but the naiad had done well to supply fish when needed. Nonetheless, they were looking at difficult times.

Approaching the yellow-eyed woman’s location, Eos peered curiously at the dark Alpha before lowering her head and flicking her tail downwards. “Caiaphas, you called?” she spoke in a quiet tone, her sea-colored gaze resting finally on the coywolf’s muzzle.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
really sorry!

Caiaphas fidgeted -- soon the supplicants would come -- and in the meantime, she was overwhelmed with nervous energy.

As if possessed by a wild-hair, the rogue skipped about until Eos arrived. Tethys was entirely forgotten -- Caiaphas' attention fell entirely on the willow-limbed seawolf.

"Eos." She practically purred the name, dragging forth from the altar a lengthy strand of whelkweed. "The Mothers have noticed your devotion, and see fit to reward you." Caiaphas was no High Priestess -- as she spoke she tried her best to mimic the buoyant confidence she had often seen possess Psamathe. "Come forth, as our newest Adept."

The wraith would wait for the willow to rise, and then the two would resume ceremony. She would appoint Eos adept with most circumspect of mein, and that night the pack would feast merrily and in good spirits.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.