Ankyra Sound The Royal Life is not for All
32 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
@Caiaphas sorry if its a little all over the place, im not too focused today :3

Having become bored of the spire where she had dwelled for most her life, Kiiyea decided to venture out and explore more of the land she called her own. Her paws had crossed many snow covered expanses as she ventured out toward the sea. With its wild wind and treacherous rocks, it seemed like a place that she would enjoy visiting.

When she finally reached a high cliff above the raging coast, she was greeted with a lovely view. The wind swirled soft snowflakes and salty water alike, blowing her fur against her face. Wandering to the edge of the cliff, she took a seat and admired it's beauty. Kiiyea had always been a little detached from the world, living more in her own little fantasy. She lifted her regal head high and surveyed the water and rock around her. There was a beach below her but there seemed to be no way to reach it. But that was okay with the whimsical cat, she was satisfied with the view she had at the moment. Deep within her own universe, she didn't care whatsoever that she was in a packs territory. What gave those mangy dogs the right to tell where she could and could not go? Absolutely nothing.

She was the queen and all should bow down to her, even those who called themselves leaders. She knew that royalty flowed through her veins and she would let no one take that from her.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
thanks for starting!
There were many things Caiaphas oft encountered in the heart of the Sound, yet lynx had yet to be one of them. For a moment her heart froze; her skin convulsed -- with a fierce growl she redirected her path after the soft imprints of cat pawprints in the rotted ground.

When she came upon the lynx it was nothing she had expected of the creature -- it was small, much smaller than she remembered; yet this did not detract from her suspicion of the creature. She scarcely weighed over fifty pounds herself -- and having possessed little in the way of physical prowess, she was wont to avoid confrontation.

She broke her cover without trepidation in her step, closing the distance between the two. The lynx was tantalizingly close to the cliff precipice -- and with lofty steps Caiaphas stole behind the creature and slowed to a halt, awaiting the lynx's recognition of her arrival.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
32 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
The small peppered cat had heard the wolf approach from her back as soon as she had started walking towards her. When the wolf reached her and remained quite, Kiiyea flicked her tufted ears in recognition of her presence. She could sense that the wolf didn't tower over her like most do and she smiled to herself.

Kiiyea was well aware that she was close enough to the edge of the land that a heavy shove would send her flying, but she didn't move a muscle to defend herself from the possible threat.

The little feline continued to stare out over the sea she waited for the wolf to speak. She didn't feel like talking at the moment, but this wolf wouldn't have approached her if she didn't need something.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
She watched the cat slyly, her yellow eyes blaze. As the cat boldly had her back to her and when her ears flicked Caiaphas did not recoil -- instead, a somewhat sickening thrill consumed the coywolf.

She licked her lips slowly - the shocking pink darted across her soiled muzzle and retracted with a hungry flick. After a pause she turned away from the feline and back towards the path as if to leave her there. Several steps in she whirled sharply -- expertly -- and with a spurt of colossal effort sprung towards the cat with jaws and paws outstretched in the hopes to startle or shove the feline right off the cliff and to her certain early death.
32 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
I rolled for this and failed :3

The peppered cat's tufted ears tracked the wolf's every movement and when she tried to come back at her and shove the feline, she was ready. While she didn't manage to trip the she-wolf as she had planned, she did manage to get out of range of her whirling paws. Her coiled limbs pushed off the ground and she leapt to the side, her paws landing squarely on the cliff side, but now far enough away to be safe from shoving.

She tilted her head at the wolf, her wide eyes studying her quickly. "Hm, what a shame. We could have been friends." she said loftily, turning her eyes to the overcast sky before placing them back on the grey pelted wolf.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
feel free to smack caiaphas!!
Caiaphas sailed past the feline, scarcely able to contort herself away from the ominous line of the cliff. She reeled about wildly and her claws scrabbled for balance on the shoalstone -- all the while her glowering gaze fixated scathingly on the nimble cat.

She hadn't entertained the idea of maintaining friendly relations with this creature, and it was evident in her hungry gaze as she dropped her skull menacingly and swung towards the cat. Her stride was elevated, almost poised -- and as she headed towards the cat her gait exploded into a fierce gallop as she sought to run down the animal.
32 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Haha okay :3 Also, do you want to set up a spar thread?

The half wolf went screeching past where she had previously been sitting and almost sent herself flying off the cliff. A smirk graced the felines face as the wolf righted herself and started towards her again. Sure, wolves could be very deadly, but this one was small, closer to her own size, so she felt more confidence in the confrontation.

She braced herself to spring out of the way, or at least to look like she would spring out of the way. Placing false fear in her large yellow eyes, Kiiyea crouched, putting her fake spring into play. Then at the last second before the barreling she-wolf reached her, she stretched her paw out, her claws extended and aiming to slam into the wolf's narrow snout with as much force as she could muster.

She knew that attacking would risk her getting trampled, but if she could get a good hit on her face, then everything would be that much better for her.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
sure! i have no idea how to do the dice-rolls, but i am totally okay with caiaphas getting roughed up - i will leave the damage up to you :)

Caiaphas rounded upon the cat, who seemed afraid of her advancement -- each stride she felt closer, more confident -- her paws thunderous as they pulled her across the slab towards the quick feline. She was not prepared for Kiiyea to dole out her own sense of corporeal justice -- and being quite committed to her bulldozing efforts, Caiaphas was in no position to dodge the blow.

Caiaphas shrieked as blunt paw met her preciously sensitive muzzle in a smart report -- she didn't care anymore if she barreled the cat aside -- she was much too preoccupied with the sharp pain that howled up her little nose. Caiaphas snapped wildly in the cat's direction, her sharp white teeth lancing the air with fury. She didn't really care what she it -- all she wanted to do was punish the little fricker for touching her princess snout.
32 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Okay, to make it a little less complicated, can we just decide the out come before hand?? Like, how about Caiaphas grabs Kiiyea's shoulder and bites that and then Kiiyea, like rips her ear or something?

The half wolf's yelp of surprise and pain sent a flush of satisfaction rushing through the agile feline and she tried to lunge again. But the wolf's jaws were all over the place and they landed on her shoulder, the bite penetrating the skin and causing some blood to rush out and stain her fur. That was it for her self control. She screeched an angry war cry and ripped her limb from the wolf's jaws, causing it to bleed even more, but at the moment, she could care less.

Her eyes narrowed and she sprung, trying to land on the wolf's shoulders, dig in with her sharp little claws and grasp her ear in her sharp teeth. That would show her not to rip her shoulder open.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
absolutely!! i am totally fine with whatever you decide, i will leave any attack vague so you can decide dmg for your kitty!!! caiaphas is going to try to skullbash/bulldoze kiiyea away

Cat claw were painfully hooked and sharp -- a fact that Caiaphas was keenly reminded of as Kiiyea's razor claws retracted from her snout.

Her flashing teeth met shoulder, but no sooner had Caiaphas thought the battle won, Kiiyea leaped into the air with more agility than Caiaphas could ever hope to muster: before she could do much of anything in the way of defense, Kiiyea's knife-like teeth and claws had torn her ear wide open. Caiaphas shrieked in painful outrage and dropped her head downwards, flinging her skull towards Kiiyea in the hopes to skullbash her opponent and stagger her.

If successful, Caiaphas would stand her ground, her lips pulled back in a menacing snarl. If her skullbash missed, she would attempt to shoulder Kiiyea with the rest of her body and effectively bulldoze the cat underneath her.
32 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
As soon as the blood from the coywolf's ear filled her jaws and the screech of pain filled the air, the little cat was flung off of the wolf's back and knocked into the ground by her rock hard skull. The wind was thoroughly knocked out of the peppered feline, but she got to her feet as quickly as she could, her teeth exposed in a snarl to match the rumble coming from Caiaphas's throat.

Her shoulder was bleeding and she was breathing heavily, but she would not give up yet. So while the wolf's was still fixing her stance, Kiiyea tried to slash her claws out once more, aiming to hook them in the coy's soft nose.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Dust rose about them as the two heatedly fended themselves -- Caiaphas panting wildly, her ear tattered and bloody, her eyes rimmed sharp with pain. Blood oozed from the raw and exposed flesh on her narrow snout.

With her head tucked downwards, she could not see Kiiyea -- she could only feel her -- and as the collision knocked the small cat aside Caiaphas reeled as if drunken, pain smacking upside her head. The coywolf turned lopsidedly, rounding halfway towards Kiiyea before the cat set herself upon Caiaphas' exposed muzzle.

With a shriek the waif recoiled, her teeth exposed as she tried to dodge the blow. She was not agile enough to escape unscathed and the cat's attack left a wide score along her bruised and bloody snout.

Caiaphas was entirely done with this encounter. With a snarl she threw herself towards the cat wildly, aiming to trample or scare off the cat one last time before she tired from the exertion.
32 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Wanna wrap it up here?

She was satisfied when the coywolf reeled in pain and screeched from the mark left my the felines claws. Her breathing was coming out in heavy pants and the pain from her shoulder seemed to worsen by the second, dust and little chucks of rock hitting the raw, exposed flesh. As the half-wolf turned and charged at her again, Kiiyea could tell she was getting warn out, for her movements were clumsy, tipsy almost. She herself could almost not see strait from the pain and exhaustion.

So instead of leaping at the oncoming attack, she gave one last hateful hiss, her teeth bared and her eyes blazing, and turned away, getting out of the way of the wolf's skull. She stretched her legs as far as they could go as she bounded away. Away from the cliff, away from the hateful wolf. "Well you're just one big bundle of joy, aren't ya? Glad I won't have to see you again." she hissed over her shoulder, mumbling the last part to herself as she hurried away. At least she had lift some wounds herself.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
great thread!! ty!!
Like a bull blinded by hateful rage, Caiaphas flew past her opponent and into the shale. Wildeyed and seething she turned to face her adversary only to find the feline in hasty flight.

Crowing, the bloody poltroon lifted her muzzle victoriously skyward. A haughty and gurgling cry outpoured. No sooner had Kiiyea quit the wretch's company, the seawitch departed -- trotting sulkily back to the strand to nurse her newly tattered wounds.