Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Random Event 
AW - but... maybe @Jack or @Autumn ? :)

Fair was the weather in the sunny glade, whose generous slopes sat like arched cat-backs below the radiant skyline. Scarce a cloud had fraught the sprightly vale that morning's rise -- yet now, moving slowly like grim shepherds, ominous clouds weltered the horizon.

Caiaphas had spent the day watching this idyllic vale and its occupants, her shrewd gaze parsing from a distance the wayward traveller, or flitting bird. She watched Duskfire so she could know her enemy -- but as the day sprawled closer to dusk she was reminded sharply of the hunger that grew insistent in her belly.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
30 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
Thanks for the thread! :)

Jack glided gently over the new lands, his dark eyes focusing on and taking in each and every detail, studying every nook and cranny, fixating on every creature that inhabited the Wilds.
Wolves. They were very common. He kept seeing them far below, little figures, but unmistakable. And he noticed one very odd one after a while. Grey, but her head was as black as the dark woods. Her eyes seemed to be a sharp yellow. He glided gently to a stop, sitting a few feet away. "Hello, Wolf." He rumbled deeply to the canine. He knew she could and probably would try and hunt him, but he'd make it. He had before. Once he had left the hunter with something to remember him by- a blank eye socket. Jack believed he could easily outsmart the predator any day.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
no, ty for threading with me! i love all of your characters!!
startled by the turbulence that thrummed about her, the waif looked upwards -- the yellow of her eyes wide as she beheld an avian visitor. it was instant, the hunger that seized her -- yet she sharply curbed its insistence by reminding herself that corvidae and their kin were oft not to be trusted. this one looked quite brave, the way it flitted about her -- caiaphas lusted after the wings that carried him, for many reasons.

she was instantly distrustful of him, if not for his brazenness it was for the glint to his coalrounded eyes. experience told her corvidae were of a more intelligent vein than their avian cousins, and she had no intention to test this one's wit. "Hi." it was all the skinny girl offered.
30 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
aw thanks! I always get bored of mine :/ I love Caiaphas, she's so interesting and fun to read! :)

Jack was surprised she didn't come after him, although he said nothing. She replied with a simple hi. So she wouldn't start the conversation. Well, he could. He was in a mood to talk- yes, even serious, grumpy people like Jack felt like chatting sometimes. "What are you looking for?" He asked her, caring little if he came off sounding nosy. Jack was curious, and so he would find out the answer.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Never once did the unruffled poltroon's gaze leave this astounding creature -- the iridescent gleam of his feathers captivated her. His voice was strange -- it was not the raucous summon she oft heard overhead -- but rather, possessed an eerily solemnity Caiaphas could only envy.

It appeared, true to his species, that he was woven of a loquacious thread -- despite her hunger, Caiaphas considered entertaining his inquiry. "Food." She licked her lips longingly, though by her tone it appeared she did not consider him sustenance. "You?"
30 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
He nodded at her answer. If she hadn't gone for him yet, she was okay, at least until she possibly decided to eat him. "I'm mapping out the land. I have only recently arrived here and I do not know the land well." He told the wolf, his dark gaze scanning the land as he talked. A large valley, details spattering it here and there. A creek, some woods, a lake, lots of tall grass. Nothing too special. And probably not where Jack would want to live.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
im going to bed for the night.. sorry! i didnt realize it was 1!!
Like her black-feathered friend, Caiaphas shared no love with the land -- nor any familiarity. Her gaze flickered skyward, where clouds assembled in a gloomy herd of stout grey. If only she possessed those lengthy wings -- if only she had been born a bird.

But alas, she was earthbound -- and inspecting her flatboned limbs, she recalled unkindly the many instances in which wings would have garnered her favor. "See any packs?" If nothing else, her conversation could yield some fruitful new knowledge.
30 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
that's okay! I was going to soon too.

Packs. Here he'd only met Shiv, the other crow, and the raven, and Peregrine. One wolf so far. "Most of my time, if in the presence of anyone, was with a bird. I met one wolf called Peregrine from southwest of here. I've seen many wolves from above, but I don't know their packs. There are a lot in and around this valley though. Sorry." He offered her. He was beginning to respect her- she was quiet and serious, and wasn't even trying to hunt him. He was glad they were getting along okay so far.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
I can start the outlaw and DM thread later today! :)

the wretch had hoped this man, dark of plume, carried with him the knowledge of their proximity. But from his words it appeared that hope was vanished -- like herself, the avian held only little information of the premises. Caiaphas would not begrudge him this, though her dark muzzle fell brief with disappointment.

"Are you well fed, bird?" The bony coywolf inquired, though in truth she cared little for any creature's welfare save her own. There lingered in her question some underlying tone -- though outwardly her motive was not yet apparent.
30 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
experimenting with fonts

An odd question to him. "I suppose. I usually do not eat much more than what I need unless it is a winning-the-war feast. I'm not starving." He said. He wondered why she had asked, but ignored it unless she kept going with that topic or something. Which he was okay with. He was fine with answering, as long as he didn't think it was dangerous to answer or classified information. Which those kind of questions coming up were rare.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
His answer was most peculiar to her, in that he mentioned war. A smile supplanted upon her muzzle then, though it lacked any indication of warmth.

"War?" She inquired, a long and slender ear cupped forwards in interest. The matters of avians was scarce a realm of interest for her, but upon this dreary day she found her black-plumed companion most interesting. "We would have need for an informant, at my home." Before she ventured further, she would look upon him and see if he truly suited her pack's unique needs.
30 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
Jack smirked ever so slightly. He'd seen three wars, none lasted too long. Two of the wars were while he was in the flock of Hellhound's Tomb, while the other had begun a little before he joined Sunset Peak, though he was there for its end. "Yes. Sometimes with other crows, sometimes with ravens." He told Caiaphas. At her word of an informant, his head tilted in curiosity and interest. "Oh, an informant? What for?" He asked the shadow headed alpha, his dark eyes ready for an offer.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
The prospect of witnessing a raven's war delighted the grim female, and tempered a malicious smile upon her little muzzle. Yet it did not alter her from her intent -- with a quick gaze skyward the waif rose. "Wolves too, are behest by war." She answered simply, unwilling to give too much away.

Without expanding further, the angular creature slithered back the way she had come. Right before she disappeared into a dip of rotted tussock and tall frondgrass she turned, her gaze finding the onxy-black of the bird's own. "Should these services suit you, I advise you find me along the shore." With nothing more to utter, the wraith disappeared -- leaving the crow alone to contemplate her mysterious offer.