lost at sea
5 Posts
Ooc —
Stalked AS a bit before coming to this decision! HAVE YOUR WAY WITH HER, LADIES. Down to spree *_____* ...and if you guys want to come up with a design for what they see her as, HAVE AT IT. I haven't come up with anything concrete yet??

She was a survivor. She and her bastard born brother "thrived" with their mother as they should not have. But when Winter came, their time of prosper ended. Without a pack, their chances of survival plummeted... and her brother was the first to pass. None would enable them entrance due to the mouths they already had to feed. Nameless had grown into a large wolf, and still had some more growing to do yet. She was long and lean, like a whip; if she was ever meant to fill out, be anything more, her lack of true sustenance had thus far prevented that.

And then her mother passed.

The what, the when, the how... all that was unknown. Everything was unknown. What she could and could not do, what she was good for, who she was...

Life would have her begin again, or here, it would end.

Covered in grime and sand and seaweed, the sea spat her from its womb and left her on the sandy shores of the Sound. Currently, she was unconscious, her limp body being pushed and pushed. There was nothing to betray that she was alive except for the rise and fall of her chest, subtle and slow and difficult to see to an eye that was not critical. A month of hunting alone allowed fur to cling to a thinner than usual frame, wrapped in a color difficult to see beneath all that covered her currently. Though were one to remove the seaweed from her, they might be able to come up with some sort of color.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
The sea often imparted wondrous treasures from its unfathomable depths -- and sometimes, it spat forth detritus. Caiaphas frequented the swashline, her keen eye ever fastened on every bit of flotsam and wealth the Mothers designated to the Sound's desolate shore.

It was not uncommon a corpse was discharged from the brine's hold -- usually waterlogged and tepid with rot. And as Caiaphas came across another corpse the Sea had rejected, she simply shook her head disparagingly -- it seemed the Goddesses had found this puppy unfit for the tenebrous threads of life, and had cut short its continuance.

Having never been one overwrought by sympathy, and not one naturally inclined towards compassion, Caiaphas strode right past the presumed corpse, continuing her rumination of the sea's rime.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
5 Posts
Ooc —
In, out. In, out. It was rudimentary, the movement. And if that were not natural, it would not occur. But it came with difficulty. And as the wolf moved past her, it was then that the difficulty ended. She sputtered and wretched and expelled brine from her lungs both violently and loudly, and her breathing became far less labored. The unconscious was unconscious no more, and opened an eye; still, she was not truly sentient.

The wolf wrapped in seaweed struggled for a moment, trying to rise... but she was too disoriented. So she fell back into a slump, her sea-salt covered eyes burning and blurred as she tried to truly come to.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Caiaphas was not, perhaps, the best specimen for sheer wit -- and as she passed the slumped heap of meat and bones, she thought no more of its presence. It was not the Siren Queen's responsibility to mourn for those who had left this world -- and youth hardly even made her radar as far as interesting things she had seen coughed forth from the brine.

She paused as she thought she heard rustling behind her, her long ears both spread wide like flopping wings as she listened. She saw nothing suspicious, and chalked it up to the many innocuous noises proferred by the sea. She stopped at a branch of red kelp, pawing it curiously to see if any crabs hid beneath its flat fronds.
5 Posts
Ooc —
She had to blink what felt like a thousand times before her eyesight was not blurry. It was then the wolf looked around her. That anything was the matter was beyond her. This... was normalcy. In the distance there was another wandering. Nameless rose abruptly to all fours, only to fall with a plop. She tried two more times before she could stably stand... but walking was another matter.

Sea legs was the best way to put it. Her movements were unstable, and she let out a low-pitched wine. The seaweed wrapped being wobbled after the wolf prodding at the kelp, snorting out salt from her nostrils. Her ears meekly lowered to her crown, instinct already setting in, as she slowly, drunkenly moved toward the two-toned being ahead.
I can be your best friend, or your worst enemy.
154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Wynter slowly padded down the beach she was just out for a stroll. She spotted the siren queen further down the beach and then spotted a small heap on the sand. Underneath the pile of seaweed an muck she made out a wolf like creature. She paused for a moment. It didn't look to be alive then she took a few more steps forward and saw movement out of her eye. The wolf like figure had managed to climb to its feet only to collapse moment later and let out a pitiful whine. Wynter immediately glanced at the siren queen and trotted over. She knew that the siren was in no danger and surely could handle it if it raised but felt she should be there anyway. She ducked her head as she approached the two toned wolf who was pawing at some seaweed. Probably checking if any crabs were there. Then head low her glance moved back to the strange half alive creature that was laying on the beach. As if not sure what to do next.

OOC- Hey. Was on phone and couldn't get the code for this but. I wanted to apologize if my grammar is crap I've had a rough day and it's 10:30 at night. But I wanted to be a part of this so ya.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
thanks for joining shannon!

The red kelp she inspected was fruitless, and as she placed it back in scorn and looked up she was surprised to see the assumed corpse move. She froze, her expression taut -- both of her ears cupped forward in sudden alarm. She was certain it had moved -- and as Wynter flanked her, her gaze fell on the rambling seaweed and flesh.

It was quite clear now that the mound she had estimated deceased was alive -- but Caiaphas did not rush to its aid. She hung back, her posture somewhat assertive. It had been the Mothers that had rejected this whelp, and unless she perceived some semblance of a sign from them soon, she would turn and leave the pup to perish on the hyperborean strand.
5 Posts
Ooc —
The thing blinked its eyes, continuing in her drunken approach. Her stature reeked of innocent intent, given its submissive nature, and her tail curled 'round her haunch. Some of the clumps of seaweed that clung to her slid from her then-hunched back, and as it opened, what came from it were crabs. Some toddling toward the sea again, others not so much as moving. The wolf was not clairvoyant and did not know the business of crabs... then again, she hardly knew her own.

One crab darted in front of her, and she was decidedly distracted. She lurched after it, and she near-fell on her face. It had been a while since she had hunted, and her life fight had truly diminished both her strength and sense of anything. Truly it was luck that aside from sand, she was able to grab onto the crab... and luckier still that she did not receive its wrath as its pinchers were not facing her whiskers. It seemed the right thing to do, to offer this to the other, and she paused at last. She did not want to go too close, something felt off about that.

Her eyes fell to the other wolf nearby, but it was the assertive stance from Caiaphas that caused her to wilt, thing still clenched between her jaws.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
fading phas here!

The thing in the reeds moved -- quite visibly. Caiaphas turned her full attention to it, though she did not offer assistance. If the Mothers had ordained this one drowned at sea, it was not her place nor hand to defy them. She frowned as the splume hit them, briny and frigid in the icy air.

να αφήσει στις μητέρες να λάβουν . She instructed to her agouti comrade, her tone final. They did not have enough food for another mouth, and with war upon them, they could spare no resources to stragglers. With that the slender siren turned on her heels and back to the Sound's keep, where she would forget about the waterlogged wretch that had been spat upon her doorstep. Should the Mothers find the thing suitable and deserving of life, they would show her soon enough.
I can be your best friend, or your worst enemy.
154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Wynter glances at the siren still waiting for direction. Just then she spoke in the new tongue that Wynter had been practicing. She understood what the queen had said and although she didnt like what she heard, she nodded her head and watched, as the siren turned and began to walk away.She knew they couldn't afford another mouth to feed but she still didnt want to just leave the wolf there. Wynter took one last sorrowful glance at the heap of seaweed laying on the beach then padded back towards the forest.

~Wynter~