Soundless song
61 Posts
Ooc — Sophia
The white fae wanted so much to wade into the ocean, but the borders of a pack stopped her. She wanted to howl, to bark for anyone to come to her, but had to settle for mental pleas and annoyed pacing. The waves crashed agains the beach, and for a moment Phantom stared out at the frothy waves with longing in her eyes. Since she had escaped her captors, her goal had been to come to the sea, only to find a pack had set claim at it's shores.
She resumed her pacing.
@Caiaphas
@Wynter
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
It was easy to spot white along the cold front, for the sea had ebbed most of the snow away. Caiaphas had become suspicious of an inward traveller when the breeze bore not the scent of brine but of wolf -- and she was quick to alter her path to intercept it.

The wolf before her was most curious, in that it seemed the latter half of its hindquarters was woefully adequate. The Siren Queen made no attempt to conceal her gaze's direction, and it was with a curt sort of primness that she hailed the individual. It was customary that she allowed them reason to speak or act first -- and so, she waited for the stranger's explanation for venturing so close to her home.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
61 Posts
Ooc — Sophia
As the bi-colored wolf approached, Phantom marveled at it's strange appearance. She would recon that it was a coywolf, and noticed with relief that it was also female. She swiftly dove into a submissive posture, and remained in one for a few moments before rising from her low stance, green eyes watching the fae. She opened her maw once before clamping it shut. She shook her head, pointing to her muzzle. She did hope this fae got the message.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
It seemed her approach was well received, for the pale female crumpled before her in a posture that suggested humility and deference. The Siren Queen eased the faint hostility that struck her posture, though her gaze remained ardent with harshness. The winter's descent had carried with it many things -- strangers and supplicants alike.

When the female gestured to her muzzle, Caiaphas canted her head aside, as if listening to some unspoken chant. Having never been professed of the overly articulate herself, she received the females silence as one of necessity. She stalked forward on stiff legs to scent the females body -- and when she was content with her inspection she stood over the female and growled to chase her and drive her inland.
61 Posts
Ooc — Sophia
She remained in her submissive stance as the other sniffed her stiff legged. When she stopped, she growled at the fae, a wordless message to go away.

Phantom shook her head frantically. NO. She couldn't. She had to see the sea, had to visit it again. She would not leave. The pale fae stood her ground, gesturing toward the frothy waves urgently, her muzzle opening and closing, but nothing save for hot breath escaped her. Pleading eyes stared up at the bi-coloured one, and Phantom opened her maw to try again.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
SORRY i should have been more clear.. i meant phas was trying to drive her into AS!! rofl sorry my bad but we can go with that too!

Her growl caused the wolf quickly embrace the ground, her posture still inherently submissive. Caiaphas lifted her muzzle upwards, her tiny chest puffed outright -- and with a jab of her forepaw, tried to poke the white wolf hard in her flank.

It was clear she wanted the female to move -- though without articulating her commands, perhaps her edict was not clear. If this wolf could not speak, Caiaphas was unsure of how she could be of use to the pack -- perhaps the sisters Aella or Akantha would know better of how to deal with a mute. "Move." The slyph growled again, passing by the wolf to stride confidently in the direction of the Sound's entrance.
61 Posts
Ooc — Sophia
Confidently, the pale girl followed the other willingly past the borders. She wondered where she was being led, and looked around her with alert eyes. She wouldn't be caught of guard every again.

She smiled as the sea came nearer, eyes happy.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
When they were close to the rendezvous site, where the cliffs barricaded approachers with its steep rise, Caiaphas turned on the pale wolf, her gaze sharp. "Can you speak, girl?" She queried in a growl, her head tilted to the side.

All the while her tail lashed impatiently as she awaited an answer, clear agitation crawling through her skin. She was not sure what she would do with this wolf -- not yet -- perhaps it was a test from the Mothers above and below to try her hand at staying patience and ingenuity.
61 Posts
Ooc — Sophia
When the other stopped, so did she. She gazed at their surrounds with mild curiosity, but most of her attention was fixated on the two toned fae. She shook her head at the question, then put on a confused face and pointed at the other. Translation:Who are you?
She plastered on the same confused face and gestured at the area around them. Translation:What is this place?
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas isnt smart enough to know what phantom is saying

The Siren Queen was not clairvoyant -- and it was with limited patience that she met the wolf's inquiries. Having possessed no crystal ball, she could not rightly ascertain what the wolf was inquiry -- she could only tell by the gesture that the wolf was asking her something.

Caiaphas had never encountered a silent wolf before, much less a mute -- many men were proud to offer their names, their accomplishments. As if somehow it proclaimed their worth on this earth and made them more than shuffling mortals on a lumbering sphere. Her ears drew back as the female finished her gesturing, and with a huff Caiaphas drew upon her, teeth snapping. "Go." She instructed, snapping at the wolf -- it was clear she was trying to shepherd her into @Aella's den, where she knew the sisters were sleeping. "We are watching you, wolf. Stay here the night." Tomorrow, they would question the female. For now, they would hold her under careful scrutiny.
61 Posts
Ooc — Sophia
Confused, Phantom backed into the den, holding her weakness close to her chest. With steady legs she headed into the gloom, unwavering gaze on the fae. It was obvious that she didn't understand. She sighed sadly. All she wanted was to see the ocean again. And now she found herself in a den, soft sound of breathing coming from behind her. With a finally look at the female, Phantom drifted through the den and lay alertly at the very back, her body pressed against the cold stone. She was beginning to think that the two toned one might be their leader, her stance and manner certainly suggested it. Perhaps there would be other wolves who could understand her actions.
@Aella
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
i will fade phas out here -- feel free to start a new thread! i will add phantom to the rank table tonight while i do the activity check

Caiaphas watched the female as she sulked past her, settling in the distant dark of the den. Her head lowered as she peered upon the wolf, though she made no parting remark of comfort despite Phantom's obedience.

With a lash of her tail the wraith turned aside, crawling upon the stone slab that often bore her frail body at night. With a sigh she too curled along the flowstone, her hawkish eyes settling on the female as she watched and prepared herself for sleep. [/ooc]