Ravensblood Forest What we ain't got.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
@Caiaphas Might use this for Outrider/Warrior depending how this goes. Lol.

The large grey moved through the unknown forest with all the calmness in the world. Burke was not in a hurry to get anywhere in particular. He had been patrolling his pack's inner heart and even scouted partly through the buffer zone. When there was nothing to do there, the large male decided to explore further. One of the newbies could take on his patrol. He had proven himself since he got his Dark Brother mark now. Everyone at Black Feather seemed busy with their own thing and he was mostly left out from all of it. Not that the male minded.

He was going to search his own entertainment and he might even work on one of his trades. That would be a good thing. He had been slacking on those. The tank of a male didn't quicken his pace when he thought about that. He was far too calm of mind to even bother about fleeting thoughts. Yet, there was something that did surprise the male. He had not expected to find such huge trees in this forest. He had never seen them before. After a brief pause Burke decided that it was just a tree and scent marked it for fun. He needed to go anyways. After his not so little mark he continued his walk to further explore this forest.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
it was seldom the siren queen came across an individual more strange than her, and when she spotted burke relieving himself against the imperial face of a sequoia she found herself wrought with curiosity. from a whiff alone she could discern he was not of the sea's ilk -- he smelled distinctly earthborne, like damp moss and rotted dust like meldresi had.

she pulled herself from her cover, her coruscating yellow gaze cast intensely on the male who woefully lacked a southernmost aspect to his hindquarters. she was not doubtless that he was of meldresi's clan, yet all the same she approached him with a cold confidence that suggested well her station. "did the daedric princes run off with your tail?" the siren queen called in a singsong manner, her feral and lethal gaze hungrily upon him.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke stopped walking when he heard something close to him. It didn't take long for a petite and curiously colored female revealed her presence. His blue eyes stared calmly at her for a brief moment. Her darker head looked mismatched with her lighter furred body. What a set they would make of mismatched bodies. While Burke was built like a tank she was practically half his size. He suspected she had some sort of coyote bloodline in her, otherwise her frame was miraculously small for a wolf. His docked tail rose when she mentioned it. His head tipped almost cutely at the way she had spoken in such a curious manner. Not that the masked male could possibly be cute, at least that was Burke's opinion.

"I do not know the princess you are talking about," he returned with his deep tone. "I bit it off when I was a mere pup of 4 months old since the damn thing got stuck. It was dying of thirst or surviving with the strongest. I think it is clear what I chose," Burke returned. He kept it no secret. He actually didn't even miss his tail. And the fact that his father already lost three of his siblings. He didn't want to grief his death too. Burke wanted to survive. His nose caught the saltiness of the sea, which was probably coming from her. Interesting.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas' gaze raked over the stump with callous abandon, hoping to see some sort of pale bone shaft protruding from the dark male's flesh. a disappointment then, when there was no gore behind the grisly view.

she returned her attention to his muzzle, noting the coldness of his pale blue eyes. she had seen many wolves with blue eyes -- all of them possessed of a genial warmth she suspected burke would never know the sensation of.

it was a disappointment that he did not know of the princes in which she had spoken -- was he a blackfeather wooods acolyte then? even she knew of meldresi's creed, though only because the painted witch had told her. caiaphas did not let this discourage her. "the gods the mother of darkness worships. meldresi." she pressed, looking upon him without a trace of fear in her feral yellow gaze. the entire of her life she had been dwarfed by wolves -- and this day was no different.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke almost felt stupid when she answered him. Well, of course he knew the mother of darkness! This wasn't really his day to remember things. He had never heard anyone at Black Feather mention a princess. And he thought he had paid so much attention. That was what set him to confusion. "Oh I see. Yes. I do know. I have to know, my memory escaped me for a moment.,"he returned and bobbed his head curtly. Now the other female might think he was stupid. Luckily for Burke he didn't care what others thought of him. He kept his mind calm. If he would worry over every little thing he couldn't achieve the calmness his father had.

It seemed this female met the priestess since she knew her name. It could be she also hadn't and knew her name from rumors. That was how he had come to find Black Feather, due to rumors. "You met Meldresi?," he questioned curiously. The masked male had to look down on the female since she was far smaller than him. He was once again reminded by the scent of the sea in her fur. Maybe that is what he should be visiting, a change of scenery. Burke liked how she wasn't looking at him in fear, and slowly quirked up his lips a bit into a wolfish grin. "I did not impress you with the story of my tail. That says something about you. I bet you aren't as half as innocent as you look."
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
in truth the story burke told of his tail did little to curdle caiaphas' stomach -- had she been in a similar situation, she likely would have torn limb and sinew alike from her body if it meant it would guarantee her miserable survival. her gaze fell on his hinquarters once more as burke dredged to subject back to his phantom tail.

so he had known of the many princes meldresi worshiped. caiaphas felt somewhat settled, though she knew this did not ensure her safety with the unbent brute. "aye," she supplanted by way of admittance. she had met meldresi twice. "twice." she considered telling him of how she had recently requested meldresi's assistance in wiping out duskfire. but if he was truly part of the pack, would he know already?

"your tail? it's gone. if it's gone, it is not impressive." the salt wretch supplied, her voice a reedy croon. "why are you here?" she did not trust him -- and her dubious thoughts were writ clear across her ugly countenance.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Meldresi had not yet informed the brotherhood for any secret mission. Burke only knew about the order to bother their current enemy. The female across from him wasn't one of many words, maybe she wasn't with strangers. They didn't even know each others names. Although even when one did know another's name some were still strangers. The calm male nodded once more. "That is what I was saying... Other wolves were disgusted or amazed I would do such a thing. You don't seem fazed at all. Gives some insights of what you have seen...," he paused briefly. "... Or done yourself," he pointed out. Slowly the male smiled more wickedly interested what the female had done already.

Burke's pink tongue moved over his lips. "Stretching my limbs," he returned. Now, that sounded sketchy but maybe he wanted her to think he was up to something. Black Feather woods had a reputation to uphold. "You seem away from your home too. I could ask you the same thing. But somehow I get the feeling you would answer honestly anyhow," the male hummed, almost looking amused that information was kept from him. His blue eyes fell on her. He was still curious about her and he didn't know why. Maybe because she kept so much mystery surrounding her.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the salt queen offered only a bland smile in return, lacking any substance or warmth. indeed she had seen and committed many misdeeds, none of which she wished to articulate in this paleborn hour. for to speak of them was to breathe further life into them, and caiaphas believed in many superstitions.

oddly enough, cosmic justice was not one of them.

burke's widening grin did not put her off, though she called to mind the sharpness of his fangs. "i am patrolling for the war effort." the sea waif supplied, a sly eye upon him as she anticipated his interest.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
The large male kept his eye on the small female. His red Dark Brother march fresh on his shoulder. The male was interested in war, especially so he could prove his warrior trade and fight. Normally it was just chasing unworthy wolves off their land but then it would be a real battle. "A war you say, how interesting. Against who?," Burke wondered.

Even though he would like to be in a war he would ask permission for Meldresi to go. She had been very clear on keeping other packs neutral towards them for now, since they had SC as an 'enemy'. But this war was interesting Burke wanted to go, like a kid who looked forward to go to a theme park.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
it disappointed the siren queen to learn that the dark brotherhood had not yet been entirely informed of her recent agreement with the black naiad that ruled the blackforest. she frowned, her angular muzzle contorted into an ugly expression of severe reprisal.

"duskfire glacier." she uttered, nearly spitting into the sand with contempt at the mention of their name. they had stolen larus from her -- they deserved the worst deaths a mortal could devise. she turned her attention to the cliffs where she had last seen spyridon and kevlyn patrolling as well, likely feeling the same well of anxiety in their throats as she felt in hers.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke is currently being informed XD! Also wrapping this up! thank you :3

Burke slowly nodded. Ah, the ice pack. He walked past their borders once entering these wilds. He was so focussed on his goal to get to black feather that he only glanced inside their lands. Nothing that appealed to him from what he could see. The large male wanted darkness not a Glacier that blinded him when he looked at it. "I know which pack you are talking about," he nodded courtly.

The masked male looked over the female would didn't look really amused. Burke dipped his head. "I will go talk with Meldresi about it. Ask to inform me more," Burke returned to the female. He wanted to be a part of this war. Correction, he would make sure he was part of this war. "With this I will leave you," the male returned. Burke instantly moved back to his home grounds. He would need to make some preparations.