Stavanger Bay I got that lava flow.
5 Posts
Ooc — ⌡
For @Charon !

Despite the arrival of spring, the air was cold. The cold seeped in to him through his toes, blustered his body as it rolled upon the wind, and made travel uncomfortable. Had Fossil known that the beach would be a less-than-ideal route of travel, he would've avoided it; but the potential of finding something edible along the shore was what brought him here. He lingered on the sand for a few hours, tracing a lazy route towards a cluster of faraway rocks where gulls roosted. But the tide was coming in, and his route was cut off. So, to make up for this blunder, he just gave up - and headed for some distant trees, where he could find cover for the rest of the day. At the very least, the forest wouldn't be cold. He noodled around the edge of the tree line for a solid thirty minutes, taking a wizz, scratching the dirt out of frustration, and then began to work his way in through the trees.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
i wasn't sure if Fossil's just outside the borders or in the territory, so i kept that vague/general in this post. :3

Charon was just returning from a patrol along the borders when he smelled the influences of a stranger nearby, one whose scent he did not recognise to be of the Bay. Immediately alert, for the youngster took his task of protecting the pack very seriously, the youth made his way to the source of the scent, following where the wolf had travelled, from the beach up through the forest. Charon's tail rolled up over his back and the fur on his back and neck raised defensively as he made his way there, head held high and ears pressed forward, erect and alert, clearly asserting his dominance.

"What are you doing here?" Charon snapped when he happened upon the stranger at last, displaying his dominance and hoping that the stranger would be docile (for while the size of an adult now, Charon lacked experience in actual scuffles) and that he would easily submit once he realised that Stavanger Bay was claimed by others.
5 Posts
Ooc — ⌡
Fossil was lazily inspecting a sapling when a voice rang out between the trees, snapping him to attention. It was brief; his ears stood tall upon his head, and his expression held a mixture of surprise and concern. As soon as he caught a glance of the stranger, though, Fossil's gaze narrowed and his face melted in to a look of utter boredom - his usual demeanor.

"What am I doing?" His voice sounded grim, and not at all friendly. Fossil's tongue flicked across his lips, a nervous tic, but otherwise he was impassive in the company of this pale wanderer. He gave the other boy a cursory glance and noticed his posture, but in no way altered his own; if anything, Fossil became further relaxed. "Who's askin'?" Shrugging his shoulders, he took a few stiff strides around the sapling beside him - and then lifted his leg, letting a fresh stream of urine flow free.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
It frustrated Charon that the stranger did not alter his demeanor in response to Charon's dominance; he looked bored, more than anything else, and definitely did not look intimidated, like Charon had intended to make him feel. The stranger asked him who he was, though Charon didn't feel like telling at all. "I'm a leader here," Charon lied, "And --" At that moment the stranger started to pee, and it hit Charon that he had smelled urine on his way here, following the trail; the audacity!

After a strangled gasp at the audacity of this stranger, Charon growled and said, "Stop that! These aren't your trees! They're mine!" He narrowed his dark eyes and took a step closer to the stranger. Charon didn't want to fight, and he hoped it would not get to that because he wasn't very trained in battle at all, but if needed he would have to.
5 Posts
Ooc — ⌡
It took Fossil a moment to realize that this guy was little more than a pup - less than half his own age, and already turning in to quite an irritation. He turned and scoffed at the boy, finding him less appealing by the moment, but not at all afraid of anything he might do. "Oh yeah? And who are you to stop me?"

Truth be told, Fossil wasn't the kind of guy to go ruffling feathers. He would rather just skeedaddle before this kid's older brother - or dad, or mom - came calling. Besides, there wasn't much indication that the kid was accompanied by anyone. If he was alone, Fossil could get away with whatever he wanted. 

Before the kid could answer the (somewhat rhetorical) question, Fossil let out an exaggerated sigh and plunked his leg back down. Ahhh, that felt mightily good! "You don't look big enough to be ownin' anything, much less this specific tree." Plus, what did it matter? Fossil was clearly just needing to empty his bladder; he had no intention of actually causing any harm. Kids these days! Taking everything so seriously.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon nearly answered the question that the wolf posed, but he managed to shut his jaw and swallow the question in time. The youth glared at the wolf, who just continued to piss on the tree. The nerve! Charon swiftly trotted up to the tree, body still held dominantly. He bared his teeth at the stranger, who said that he didn't own this specific tree, or anything at all, and Charon took the stranger's place - if he had moved somewhat away from the tree - or took another spot upon the tree, where he lifted his leg and emptied his bladder. Charon didn't usually go around marking things, but this wolf was irritating him, and the way he pretended that Charon didn't own anything here irritated him most of all.

"Yeah? Well, I'm this pack's Beta," Charon lied, and he settled his leg back down while he glared at the stranger, daring him to challenge the claim. "And who are you?"
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar heard the yelling and with a growl, he strode forward. Anger emanating from his very core. Leave now stranger With a snarl he ran at the other one, bowling him or her over. He really didn't care, but they were pissing on his trees, and he wasn't having it. No sir, he growled and snapped and snarled, despite that he was still young. He'd make them rue the day.

After he watched the creature disappear he turned to Charon and lifted a brow. good job handling yourself there man. and he meant it sincerly.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
thanks for saving this thread <3<3

When Gunnar came into view, Charon wondered if he'd heard the white lie about being Beta. Charon figured it was more impressive if he said he was something high-ranked than saying he was one of the pack's local youths. Luckily, the stranger turned away when the reinforcements arrived, not willing to face two youths at the same time.

Charon's tail wagged briefly when Gunnar said that he handled himself well. "Thanks, Gunnar! I'm still kinda glad you arrived, because I might've had to use violence if we didn't win by numbers." Charon would've been certain he could beat up this guy before, but he hadn't forgotten the encounter with the monsterdog in Dawnlark plains... It reminded him that he was not invincible. "Not that I wouldn't have won, of course."
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
[quote='Charon' pid='110253' dateline='1430816036']
of course. I love Charon <3

Gunnar wouldn't care that Charon had said he was a beat, not that he heard it anyway. However, if it had been his father. He could imagine that lecture. His father did not believe you said anything untruthful. You always had to be honest, and you earned your place among the ranks, you didn't just assume.

Gunnar returned the tail wag. Gunnar chuckled, Sometimes unfortunately violence is the only way. Gunnar was not afraid of violence, he would do what he needed to do to make sure his family was safe. If it meant his death or his maiming, well he would deal with it. It was that simple. Of course you would have won brother.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
we can finish this now if you want, feel free to post again to fade? or we can continue for a bit if you prefer :)

Charon nodded when Gunnar said that sometimes, violence was the only way. Charon really needed to practise fighting more, because while he talked about being the best a lot and could pretend he was awesome, he knew that he wasn't that great in a fight; besides playing with his siblings, he hadn't fought much and the one time the need to fight had arisen, Charon had peed himself and fled the scene. How embarrassing. Luckily no one would know, except for the monster and the wolf that assaulted the monster (but he was probably dead, anyway).

"Yeah! Let's patrol together for a bit," Charon suggested while looking at his brother with a smile on his face. He was glad to have a cool big brother like Gunnar. "You never know if there might be other psychos around."
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
I'll fade since it's old. We can have an updated where Charon rips him a new one if you want.Sorry it's taking me so long to reply to threads.

Gunnar followed behind Charon, showing him what he already didn't know. Though truth be told Charon was a good wolf, and he would be a good man. Much better than Gunnar at least. Gunnar was not perfect, and he was probably a poor excuse for a son, for both Thistle and Ragnar. However, at least he tried. He did his best by those he loved.

He wouldn't realize that soon in time, his world would go bleak. And he would leave those he loved reeling, but for now. For now he was content to search about the borders and chase away intruders.