Stone Circle so i'll follow the birdsong
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger

Valette glanced from the white male to the mother, to then let her hazel green eyes travel over the children. They were with far too many. Valette wished that she could help them but they couldn't. The last bison they took down barely fed all the wolves. Everyone had their share but with these growing pups and two adults, Valette was certain they were not going to make it. Stark was rather strict towards them. Valette caught his glance. The alpha female knew her mate was protective, in a way she wanted to be selfish as well. Her children would go first but seeing the manners on the hungry children she doubted that those rules would be followed.

Valette watched as the mother correct her child. At least, that was something positive in Valette's eyes until the child lashed out to his mother. It didn't change the fact that they didn't have the room. They were a large pack, 16 members*, and that was without Stark and her. On top of that, they also had three newborns. "We do have our own pups to feed," she agreed with her mate. "But most of all, our territory wouldn't sustain more wolves as we currently have. If we take more than our land offers we will be without a home as well," she explained calmly. Valette felt slightly bad. She couldn't even imagine being in search of a home with young ones. She wished she would never experience it. But if she would take in these wolves there wouldn't be enough for the wolves that already lived in Easthollow. "I wish we could help but we can't generate enough for everyone," she spoke, probably sounding much more reasonable than Stark. Though, Valette did appreciate his input.

Valette eyes fell on the mother. "We do have allies," she stated and then turned to face the white male. "Bearclaw Valley might take you in. My brother leads that pack and it is really close. Right here next to us. He might offer you a home, all of you. Though, I do admit that I am not currently aware of how large their numbers are," Valette added. Though, if she listened to the howls coming from the valley she had the feeling that they weren't as large as Easthollow. "You can keep the bird. Hopefully, my brother's pack has some space." Valette had compassion for them but not enough to risk the lives of her own pack. To even risk the lives of their newborns. As much as she wanted to help them she was selfish enough to choose her own family over the wandering family.

*Valette counts the PPC wolves as well as they are part of the pack!
Messages In This Thread
so i'll follow the birdsong - by Kierkegaard - June 02, 2018, 11:47 PM
RE: so i'll follow the birdsong - by Illecebra - June 03, 2018, 03:45 PM
RE: so i'll follow the birdsong - by Caiaphas - June 03, 2018, 05:09 PM
RE: so i'll follow the birdsong - by Ephraim - June 03, 2018, 08:11 PM
RE: so i'll follow the birdsong - by Stark - June 04, 2018, 12:31 AM
RE: so i'll follow the birdsong - by RIP Valette - June 04, 2018, 11:29 AM
RE: so i'll follow the birdsong - by Kierkegaard - June 06, 2018, 02:40 AM
RE: so i'll follow the birdsong - by Illidan - June 06, 2018, 02:58 AM
RE: so i'll follow the birdsong - by Caiaphas - June 08, 2018, 06:32 PM
RE: so i'll follow the birdsong - by Ephraim - June 08, 2018, 07:13 PM
RE: so i'll follow the birdsong - by Stark - June 12, 2018, 12:15 AM