Sun Mote Copse Like a phoenix.
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Cripes. Niamh realized now that she hadn't exactly sorted out the logistics of her mateship with Phox, and while it didn't scare her to think about it, she did feel somewhat ashamed that those sorts of things hadn't been discussed. With Colt, the first thing she'd wanted to do (aside from...the obvious) was to take his last name. Things became more complicated when her own surname was involved, as she'd been given a hyphenated name upon birth, and then had married, but hadn't added a third surname to her own, and had simply adopted the Blackthorn name. 

-You know,- She said, and thought for a moment. -I was born a DeMonte-Argyle, an' when I was with Colt, I was a Blackthorn, 'cause DeMonte-Argyle-Blackthorn was...Too much. And when he died, I just...Didn't know what to do with my last name 'cause...- She shrugged. It was too hard to think about, and she wasn't sure she still deserved the Blackthorn name, considering Colt had been mortally wounded while she'd been absent. -You chose Redhawk-Blackthorn....An' I'd kinda like our kids to have the same last name, y'know?- She asked. It was, after all, the most reasonable surname to choose for them, given the fact that she was still technically a Blackthorn, having never reclaimed her maiden name, and the fact that Phox was a Redhawk. She shrugged. -'less it got abbreviated to like Hawkthorn, or something. Just to do away with the hyphen.- She proposed thoughtfully. She sniggered. -Or RedBlack, but that's just kinda strange.- She said.

Like Towhee, Niamh wanted her friend to be more than just an aunt or a godmother, and expected that in raising their kids together, they would be brought up in a family that technically had two Moms and one Dad, which seemed perfectly natural to Niamh. -Either way, gotta see what Phox thinks. But...I think whatever it ends up being, I'd really like for us all to use the same surname.- She said. -What d'you think of Hawkthorn?- She asked. For Niamh, it erased the hypen, bringing the families closer together- though it did set them apart from both the Redhawk and Blackthorn families by creating a different surname. Still, it paid homage to both families and, as Niamh liked to think, also paid a small tribute to X given that the word 'hawk' was used in the name. She didn't want to be too contemporary, in creating a whole new name for their bloodline- and she felt fairly certain her yearling kids might not choose to adopt it too, but...A fresh start with the beginning of a new generation did have a nice feel to it.
Messages In This Thread
Like a phoenix. - by Towhee - March 03, 2020, 09:18 AM
RE: Like a phoenix. - by RIP Niamh - March 03, 2020, 11:06 AM
RE: Like a phoenix. - by Towhee - March 03, 2020, 11:19 AM
RE: Like a phoenix. - by RIP Niamh - March 03, 2020, 12:02 PM
RE: Like a phoenix. - by Towhee - March 03, 2020, 12:11 PM
RE: Like a phoenix. - by RIP Niamh - March 04, 2020, 08:46 AM
RE: Like a phoenix. - by Towhee - March 04, 2020, 08:54 AM
RE: Like a phoenix. - by RIP Niamh - March 04, 2020, 08:32 PM
RE: Like a phoenix. - by Towhee - March 05, 2020, 09:48 AM
RE: Like a phoenix. - by RIP Niamh - March 09, 2020, 11:12 PM
RE: Like a phoenix. - by Towhee - March 10, 2020, 09:02 AM