Sun Mote Copse I can swallow a bottle of alcohol and I'll feel like Godzilla
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
LOLCAMEO

Most of the time, Niamh slept. When she was awake, she babbled at her children senselessly, or had quiet, caring conversations with Phox who was a doting and gentle father. But in the wake of childbirth, she felt no shame whatsoever in sleeping, even while her little ones nursed. In her eyes, the more she relaxed she was, the harder her body could work producing milk to feed the children, and fortunately for her, she had a family ready to provide food for her. She became content to stay in the den for nearly the entire day- only leaving to drink and relieve herself. 

The pups made noises both when they were awake and while they slept, so she'd grown accustomed to their little whines and burbles and coos, and the occasional squawk which meant that one of them wanted something. And in the early days, their needs were simple- food and warmth. So whenever she heard them starting to get louder, she would- even in her sleep- use of her long legs to gently hook around whatever child had wandered away from her belly, and gently pull them back. She found one pup blindly with her foot and fished them back, tucking them against her side- and sort of fumbled as she reached for the other, but eventually pulled that one back to her belly as well. She heaved a sigh, and slipped back into her deep slumber without even registering the fact that she'd just done a good job as a mom- and had pulled her children back toward her warmth.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I can swallow a bottle of alcohol and I'll feel like Godzilla - by RIP Niamh - April 08, 2020, 02:12 PM