Sun Mote Copse the doctor tells me
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
In the wake of the summer rains, Niamh knew that the salmon would run, swimming up against the currents to return to their freshwater birthplace and spawn there. With their territory flush against a river, with several springs and brooks feeding into it, they were well-placed to keep an eye out and watch for the migratory fish, with their red bellies and arched spines racing against the current and fighting to leap past boulders, through rapids, and out of reach of the predators who waited for them. 

So she stalked along the stream's side, hoping to see some sign that perhaps they had begun to pass by. She'd caught a lovely rainbow trout not so long ago, and took it as a sign that the flooding had had some positive effects on their territory. While it had destroyed the majority of their caches, it had changed the flow of some of their water sources, widening them and deepening them to make them more ideal for the fish who now began to prepare for spawning. Niamh would be ready for them. 

But on her way upstream she caught sight of a dark wolf- who she mistook (from quite a distance) to be Phox simply because he was dark, and he lacked the amber hues that Towhee's pelt had. When she squinted, though, she recognized his form as being unfamiliar, and assumed then that this might be the lone wolf that her mate had accepted into the pack. She'd been told about him- and while she couldn't remember his name, she had been told that he was an unusual creature in that he bore scars from having been stuck by lightning. Having never seen such an injury before, Niamh was curious- and picked up her pace so she could get a better look at what he actually looked like. 

She chuffed as she approached, ears perked and eyes bright. It might have made her look friendlier, which was lucky for the male, as she generally had a more constipated look on her face. She tried not to make it too obvious that she was searching for gory scars and markings- which was actually quite easy, once she noticed the electric blue of his eyes against the flat black mask of his facial fur. "You must be the new guy," She said, and her lips flinched, as though trying to smile. "I'm Niamh. My mate, Phox, mentioned he'd accepted you into the pack." She explained. "Mind if I join you?"
Messages In This Thread
the doctor tells me - by Perdition - October 01, 2020, 04:40 PM
RE: the doctor tells me - by RIP Niamh - October 01, 2020, 05:03 PM
RE: the doctor tells me - by Perdition - October 01, 2020, 05:15 PM
RE: the doctor tells me - by RIP Niamh - October 01, 2020, 05:28 PM
RE: the doctor tells me - by Perdition - October 01, 2020, 05:45 PM
RE: the doctor tells me - by RIP Niamh - October 01, 2020, 06:13 PM
RE: the doctor tells me - by Perdition - October 01, 2020, 06:38 PM
RE: the doctor tells me - by RIP Niamh - October 01, 2020, 06:59 PM
RE: the doctor tells me - by Perdition - October 01, 2020, 07:18 PM
RE: the doctor tells me - by RIP Niamh - October 01, 2020, 07:47 PM
RE: the doctor tells me - by Perdition - October 02, 2020, 03:52 PM