Mudminnow River guide your loyal sons and daughters
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
695 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
She knew how much patience fishing often required, so she merely nodded and settled in to wait. Druid’s mother and sisters had occasionally accompanied her during these long periods of quiet stillness and she’d never felt a moment’s awkwardness. But she felt a strange tension in the silence between herself and this man which discomfited her.

The sight of an otter frolicking in the distance distracted her momentarily and she felt a thrill of excitement just watching it. Neither wolf had any hope of capturing it, yet Druid could still imagine what it would be like to catch such a prize. Fish were difficult to catch, though an otter seemed impossible.

After more lengthy, cumbrous silence, Kigipigak admitted defeat. Druid could only nod in relief and bounce up onto her heels, suddenly eager to depart. He didn’t tell her anything she didn’t already know, though there was a beat of confusion at the word “trickster” before she realized he meant the otter.

That’s the way it goes sometimes, Druid agreed readily enough. I should get going. Even as she spoke, she began to turn away, though she glanced over a Kigipigak and added, If you see my sister, tell her I miss her. And to be careful. A small smile flickered across the youth’s hoary face and then she swiftly disembarked for Rivenwood.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
guide your loyal sons and daughters - by Druid - December 08, 2021, 01:32 PM
RE: guide your loyal sons and daughters - by Kigipigak - December 13, 2021, 04:26 PM
RE: guide your loyal sons and daughters - by Druid - December 13, 2021, 06:26 PM
RE: guide your loyal sons and daughters - by Kigipigak - December 15, 2021, 04:13 PM
RE: guide your loyal sons and daughters - by Druid - December 15, 2021, 07:08 PM
RE: guide your loyal sons and daughters - by Kigipigak - December 15, 2021, 08:17 PM
RE: guide your loyal sons and daughters - by Druid - December 15, 2021, 08:45 PM
RE: guide your loyal sons and daughters - by Kigipigak - December 15, 2021, 08:55 PM
RE: guide your loyal sons and daughters - by Druid - December 15, 2021, 09:28 PM
RE: guide your loyal sons and daughters - by Kigipigak - December 15, 2021, 09:38 PM
RE: guide your loyal sons and daughters - by Druid - December 15, 2021, 09:49 PM
RE: guide your loyal sons and daughters - by Kigipigak - December 15, 2021, 10:23 PM
RE: guide your loyal sons and daughters - by Druid - December 15, 2021, 11:28 PM