Redtail Rise the fortunes of the world
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
923 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Now that she understood the purpose of a stockpile, Masquerade took it upon herself to identify all the caches belonging to the rise. As always, she tried to move as surreptitiously as she could, not just for the sport of it but also because she enjoyed the solitary nature of this endeavor and didn’t want to be bothered to socialize.

She rummaged around in a particularly fresh store of small game, wondering what made it so special that it should be so plentiful. Masquerade backpedaled away from the stash of meat without taking any, tipping her carmine snout into the air to sniff, then following her nose toward a nearby den.

She recognized the parents’ scents but halted, every instinct telling her to tread carefully here, or maybe not at all. Crouching now, Masquerade made to retreat when she caught sight of the blue eyes peering out from the den’s threshold.

Sucking in a breath, she rapidly crabwalked toward some cover, just in time to hide from the approach of Augur. He carried something bright red in his mouth, catching Masque’s eye as she hunkered down in the underbrush.

Just ‘cause she’s trying to hide doesn’t mean she can’t be spotted!
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
the fortunes of the world - by Bobcat - September 19, 2022, 09:01 AM
RE: the fortunes of the world - by Mountain Boulder - September 19, 2022, 01:25 PM
RE: the fortunes of the world - by Raider - September 19, 2022, 01:34 PM
RE: the fortunes of the world - by New Snow - September 19, 2022, 08:18 PM
RE: the fortunes of the world - by Bobcat - September 22, 2022, 10:23 AM
RE: the fortunes of the world - by Mountain Boulder - September 23, 2022, 02:22 PM
RE: the fortunes of the world - by Raider - September 26, 2022, 10:18 AM
RE: the fortunes of the world - by New Snow - September 27, 2022, 08:37 AM
RE: the fortunes of the world - by Bobcat - September 29, 2022, 09:53 AM
RE: the fortunes of the world - by Mountain Boulder - October 03, 2022, 10:02 PM
RE: the fortunes of the world - by Raider - October 04, 2022, 09:34 AM
RE: the fortunes of the world - by New Snow - October 05, 2022, 01:40 PM
RE: the fortunes of the world - by Mountain Boulder - October 16, 2022, 10:48 PM
RE: the fortunes of the world - by Raider - October 24, 2022, 11:06 AM